Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Louisiana Grills LG900 - Pellet Smoker ["SMOKING" HOT] - $599.97

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 2nd, 2020 11:10 am
Newbie
Aug 24, 2016
17 posts
4 upvotes
What is youe deal and the name of the pellet for 120lbs? Can't find it on the facebook page
[OP]
Newbie
May 6, 2017
13 posts
41 upvotes
hasten007 wrote: What is youe deal and the name of the pellet for 120lbs? Can't find it on the facebook page
and if you're not on Facebook like me? ;(
Jr. Member
User avatar
Apr 3, 2007
128 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
Vacek1 wrote: and if you're not on Facebook like me? ;(
Like most of the thinking folks who won't sell their souls, you mean? :)
a Traeger-er who'd also want to get cheaper pellets.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 19, 2011
2925 posts
1365 upvotes
West Coast
I could only find "Canadian Pellet Grill Owners", is that the one? Still waiting on approval so can't confirm..
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2004
1167 posts
464 upvotes
Anyone know Costco’s price adjustment policy in Canada? I bought one of these a couple months ago, would like the refund.

As an aside, my goodness I love this grill. The cook is so superior to gas. I did a whole stuffed turkey in it at Easter, it was amazing. I’ll never go back to gas.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
8420 posts
2896 upvotes
Fate wrote: Anyone know Costco’s price adjustment policy in Canada? I bought one of these a couple months ago, would like the refund.

As an aside, my goodness I love this grill. The cook is so superior to gas. I did a whole stuffed turkey in it at Easter, it was amazing. I’ll never go back to gas.
We bbq a min 4 days a week year round, up to 7 days in the summer.

Can a pellet grill actually replace gas for the day to day stuff, like sausages, chicken breasts, pork chops, etc?
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2004
1167 posts
464 upvotes
Gutty96 wrote: We bbq a min 4 days a week year round, up to 7 days in the summer.

Can a pellet grill actually replace gas for the day to day stuff, like sausages, chicken breasts, pork chops, etc?
Absolutely. It simply takes a few extra minutes to get up to temperature. This one has a strong fan to circulate the air, so it’s basically a convection oven. Excellent temp control and uniformity, love the added hint of smoke flavour. We use it all the time for burgers and chicken breast etc.
Newbie
Jun 29, 2009
81 posts
16 upvotes
Winnipeg
Any in Winnipeg, I think I will switch from propane?
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1930 posts
1266 upvotes
Hamilton
Fate wrote: Anyone know Costco’s price adjustment policy in Canada? I bought one of these a couple months ago, would like the refund.

As an aside, my goodness I love this grill. The cook is so superior to gas. I did a whole stuffed turkey in it at Easter, it was amazing. I’ll never go back to gas.
Would need to be a return and re buy. Has to be in stock at your warehouse.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
8420 posts
2896 upvotes
Fate wrote: Absolutely. It simply takes a few extra minutes to get up to temperature. This one has a strong fan to circulate the air, so it’s basically a convection oven. Excellent temp control and uniformity, love the added hint of smoke flavour. We use it all the time for burgers and chicken breast etc.
Thanks, that's good to hear but is the start up also wife friendly? I know I should not ask that, but it's reality.... If she can't just walk out and start it and go back inside until it is ready to cook, it's a no go.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2004
1167 posts
464 upvotes
Gutty96 wrote: Thanks, that's good to hear but is the start up also wife friendly? I know I should not ask that, but it's reality.... If she can't just walk out and start it and go back inside until it is ready to cook, it's a no go.
It’s literally a switch. Turn it on, walk away. Well, after you check the hopper to ensure you have enough pellets and you’re happy with the set temperature (which is simply adjusted using up and down buttons). It really is that easy.
Sr. Member
Jan 31, 2018
663 posts
1131 upvotes
Winnipeg
Fate wrote: It’s literally a switch. Turn it on, walk away. Well, after you check the hopper to ensure you have enough pellets and you’re happy with the set temperature (which is simply adjusted using up and down buttons). It really is that easy.
Hmmmm, if you grill several times a week, it is definitely higher maintenance and more effort than a gas grill. Needing to clean out dust, harder to clean etc.

The ideal pairing for me is a big pellet grill, paired with a small gas grill. Use the gas for day to day just for the family, and use the pellets on the weekend for longer smokes and entertaining.
Jr. Member
Jan 17, 2016
100 posts
54 upvotes
Kanata, ON
Gutty96 wrote: We bbq a min 4 days a week year round, up to 7 days in the summer.

Can a pellet grill actually replace gas for the day to day stuff, like sausages, chicken breasts, pork chops, etc?
I had a huge 4-burner SS gas grill, now I have 2 pellet grills (Traeger and RecTec), and used them both yesterday for 7 hours. My wife has no issue cooking on them, whether it's chicken, sausage, burgers, anything. I don't use it for anything high temp, as I have other grills that are better for that (charcoal based)
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jul 5, 2004
24954 posts
4194 upvotes
Gutty96 wrote: Thanks, that's good to hear but is the start up also wife friendly? I know I should not ask that, but it's reality.... If she can't just walk out and start it and go back inside until it is ready to cook, it's a no go.
Pellet grills are great for indirect heat. If you want to cook directly over a flame, they aren't the best tool for the job.

I use my pellet grill for pretty much everything except burgers and sausages. I use my Kamado grill for those (and other things, when I feel like it) but for everything else, a pellet grill cooks better than a gas grill

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)