Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Louisiana Grills LG900 - Pellet Smoker ["SMOKING" HOT] - $599.97

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 2nd, 2020 11:10 am
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2009
1342 posts
1247 upvotes
Shaner wrote: Pellet grills are great for indirect heat. If you want to cook directly over a flame, they aren't the best tool for the job.

I use my pellet grill for pretty much everything except burgers and sausages. I use my Kamado grill for those (and other things, when I feel like it) but for everything else, a pellet grill cooks better than a gas grill
Reading about this one it has a plate that slides to let you cook directly over a flame so it might do the trick.
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
24962 posts
4200 upvotes
wildlele wrote: Reading about this one it has a plate that slides to let you cook directly over a flame so it might do the trick.
So does mine, but it's a very small area and it's hard to control the height of the flame. I've cooked like that, but it's not ideal. It's mostly meant for searing.

It will do the trick for 2-3 burgers, but that's about it. I highly prefer a charcoal grill for direct heat.
Jan 17, 2016
100 posts
54 upvotes
Kanata, ON
Shaner wrote: So does mine, but it's a very small area and it's hard to control the height of the flame. I've cooked like that, but it's not ideal. It's mostly meant for searing.

It will do the trick for 2-3 burgers, but that's about it. I highly prefer a charcoal grill for direct heat.
I have both also, and a Weber kettle, but I tend to use the pellet grills most due to laziness. They work fine for burgers and sausages, but I'll also reverse sear burgers, and finish them on the egg or Weber, if I'm' not feeling lazy
Jan 17, 2016
100 posts
54 upvotes
Kanata, ON
shipwama wrote: Know th3 contact for lumberjack warehouse
Try this, but there might be minimum orders. When we did our group buy, to get the discount, we bought 1.2tonnes (2200 lbs?). If you're only buying a few hundred, you might need to get together with some buddies.
https://lumberjackpellets.ca/dealer-locator/
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
5192 posts
3444 upvotes
dubstarr wrote: I bought one today in Gatineau at this price. Had some time to kill so visited the costco for beer and spotted the grill so I bought it. There was one left after I took mine.

It was on sale a couple weeks ago in Mississauga for $650 but didn’t buy it.
wow, your beer cost much than expected! ;)
[OP]
May 6, 2017
13 posts
41 upvotes
Finding pellets out East (N.B.) is a bit of a challenge. few bags here and there, all full price. Hard to get them shipped in due to shipping costs.

If anyone is in the SJ, N.B. area, be happy to pool together and buy a pallet or something.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2004
3029 posts
763 upvotes
I'll play Devil's Advocate.
Pellet grills bite. They are way over priced to begin with...even at this price. I feel for those that have bought a Traeger or Grilla.
- Can't keep heat...whether it's just too cold, or especially if there is any wind. Lots say use a blanket or "jacket", but those only work so so and get gross messy quick!
- fewer wood choices because you are limited to pellets
- pellets are just manufactured sawdust and burn way quicker than chips or just a big chunk or wood
This goes for all goes for Bradley's too and their little puck system.

Also, don't pretend these are to replace a BBQ. Smokers are meant for low and slow.

If you don't want to deal with a traditional coal smoker, like a Backwoods Chubby, etc...then just get a cabinet that uses wood chips. Way cheaper, can use any wood you feel like, in most cases can smoke way more food at one time.

I have used a simple masterbuilt from Cabela's for prime rib at -18 and it didn't bat an eye. So good.

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/105669/m ... ric-smoker …. this goes on sale regularly for $200. The only complaints about it that if the electronics get wet they die...simple fix is don't leave it in the rain!

I just hate seeing people spend so much money on these pellet gimmicks.
Last edited by robskot on Jul 12th, 2019 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LEGO BUY SELL TRADE HERE

HOCKEY IS one of Canada's National Sports, Since 1994!!!! MORE INFO IN THIS THREAD

SARCASM - Because arguing with stupid people isn't nearly as much fun!!!
[OP]
May 6, 2017
13 posts
41 upvotes
@robskot with you being a Detroit fan, i simply cant agree. ;)

Love pellet smoking. To each their own.
May 20, 2019
4 posts
Just checked Costco Winnipeg and they are showing regular price ($799.99)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2008
5787 posts
714 upvotes
Ottawa
robskot wrote: I'll play Devil's Advocate.
Pellet grills bite. They are way over priced to begin with...even at this price. I feel for those that have bought a Traeger or Grilla.
- Can't keep heat...whether it's just too cold, or especially if there is any wind. Lots say use a blanket or "jacket", but those only work so so and get gross messy quick!
- fewer wood choices because you are limited to pellets
- pellets are just manufactured sawdust and burn way quicker than chips or just a big chunk or wood
This goes for all goes for Brandley's too and their little puck system.

Also, don't pretend these are to replace a BBQ. Smokers are meant for low and slow.

If you don't want to deal with a traditional coal smoker, like a Backwoods Chubby, etc...then just get a cabinet that uses wood chips. Way cheaper, can use any wood you feel like, in most cases can smoke way more food at one time.

I have used a simple masterbuilt from Cabela's for prime rib at -18 and it didn't bat an eye. So good.

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/105669/m ... ric-smoker …. this goes on sale regularly for $200. The only complaints about it that if the electronics get wet they die...simple fix is don't leave it in the rain!

I just hate seeing people so much money on these pellet gimmicks.
My pellet grill keeps the heat fine, light years better than the Bradley I had previously.

You can get pretty much any wood you want in pellet form, although they do cost more than chunks/chips.

Pellets burn quicker than chunk, news at 11!

I will agree that these are not meant to replace a gas grill, but calling these things gimmicks is wrong. They are meant to be easier to run than charcoal.

People pay for convenience, and if someone wants to smoke, this costs more but are way more convenient than the alternatives IMO.
Mar 2, 2011
390 posts
196 upvotes
West
Ok guys, I called and it's $800 in Calgary and should be that price for all locations in Calgary.

It's likely a sale they have in the NB region.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2008
5787 posts
714 upvotes
Ottawa
lil_dreams wrote: Ok guys, I called and it's $800 in Calgary and should be that price for all locations in Calgary.

It's likely a sale they have in the NB region.
It's not a sale, it's on clearance (any price ending with .97). This price has been seen in both Quebec and Ontario as well.
Mar 2, 2011
390 posts
196 upvotes
West
TripleHelix wrote: It's not a sale, it's on clearance (any price ending with .97). This price has been seen in both Quebec and Ontario as well.
Hmm.. so are you saying you gotta go in-store to really know the price? Or is over the phone reliable enough?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2146 posts
654 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Gutty96 wrote: We bbq a min 4 days a week year round, up to 7 days in the summer.

Can a pellet grill actually replace gas for the day to day stuff, like sausages, chicken breasts, pork chops, etc?
No it can't, its a smoker not a grill. Kamado style bbq beats this and a gas grill by a long shot, although takes some time to learn.
I bbq almost every day and have been using a pitboss komado and a weber kettle for about 5 years now. I gave away my $1k perfect condition napoleon gas grill because because I simply haven't turned it on in 2 years. The cost of charcoal is obviously much higher then propane, but you can't compare the flavor. Also pit boss is very efficient once you get the hang of it.

Edit* just read your wife friendly comment, and no charcoal grills aren't wife friendly :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)