[Costco] Louisiana Grills LG900 - Pellet Smoker ["SMOKING" HOT] - $599.97

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2019 3:27 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2081 posts
626 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
mrmark wrote: A pellet grill can easily replace a gas for day to day, yes it does take a bit of maintenance (clean out the grill every few weeks to once/month, depending on use). Not difficult, and less (but not impossible) flare ups.
We don't have a gas grill any more, and use our Traeger or Rectec pretty much exclusively, definitely more often than the charcoal grills.

Other than searing steaks, or cooking pizzas, there isn't anything we won't do on our pellet grills
If it works for you, that's great. I'm by no means saying this thing is useless, I actually really want one to complement my weber kettle and kamado for when I'm too lazy to fuss. However 90% of what I cook requires some degree of searing, so I don't see how this would replace a gas or charcoal grill for an average user.
Aug 25, 2011
51 posts
33 upvotes
Gaetz Brook, NS
Just picked one up at the Dartmouth Crossing location in Nova Scotia, there were 4 more left as of 2pm this afternoon. If you look at the Louisiana Grills website, this is a super bargain.

Thanks OP!Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Dec 14, 2006
785 posts
299 upvotes
Regular price at Calgary Beacon.
Side note...Traeger roadshow is on now. They had a model that I've never seen.
Interesting strategy for Costco to support both brands. Maybe trying to make a point to Traeger account rep.
Nov 26, 2017
21 posts
5 upvotes
Just picked one up in Moncton, NB. There were 2 left after mine plus the display model.
My wife was pissed when I came home with a Pitt Boss when it was on clearance last summer. Now she won't eat anything cooked off a propane bbq anymore and sent me to Costco to buy this one so we could bring the Pit Boss to our camp. LOL
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2004
1645 posts
659 upvotes
Still $799 in Edmonton.

I'd snap one up at $599.
:arrowu: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowl: :arrow: :arrowl: :arrow: B A
Nov 26, 2009
172 posts
73 upvotes
Calgary
I would happily grab one too if they come down in Calgary. Then I'll sell my LG700.
Dec 14, 2006
785 posts
299 upvotes
I wonder if it's automated based on rate of sale or some other metrics, or manager discretion. Anyone know?
jayace wrote: I would happily grab one too if they come down in Calgary. Then I'll sell my LG700.
Aug 27, 2007
209 posts
71 upvotes
Anyone seen one in the GTA? Haven't seen any at the Scarborough or East Markham locations
Jul 27, 2018
10 posts
1 upvote
They have the Louisiana grill at the Laird location in Mississauga at the regular price.
May 24, 2017
58 posts
43 upvotes
Edmonton, ab
Cmon Edmonton Costco's, drop the price!
Feb 25, 2007
242 posts
85 upvotes
Anyone see stock at this price in Ottawa?
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2009
1930 posts
434 upvotes
Calgary
Would love to see this clearance reach Western Canada....
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2004
1089 posts
345 upvotes
Was at my local Costco today and they finally lowered their price to $599 on this. Got a quick and easy $224 back on my purchase from a little over 2 months ago.
Nov 12, 2013
91 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto
Richfields wrote: Nice find OP. I'll buy one of these eventually.

The running cost on these grills is quite high due to pellet costs and I suppose I'm having a mental block when I see how cheap pellets are in the states (totally different environment, I know).
If your stocking up pellets when it's on sale, it's pretty similar cost to charcoal.

I typically use 7-8 bags(17.6lb) of maple leaf lump year round on my smokers. Cost usually around $120-$150/yr
I tried to exclusively use my Pit Boss 700FB smoker for the past year. I used about 5 bags (40lb pit boss brand pellets) . Cost about $150
I found Walmart typically always had the lowest price.
- Competition Blend (40lb)- $24.98 - $29.98
- Hickory - Roll back usually $29.98.
- Apple - Lowest I seen was 29.98. (I don't see the price dropping often for apple; Normally $49)

During summer use Stocktrack .ca. and see which stores are clearing out their stock. Most of the clearance prices were between $10-$20 last summer.

The only time I felt the pellet was getting expensive was during winter cooks. I never used a thermal blanket on my cooker and it felt like I was using 3-4lbs /hr maintaining heat.
Nov 12, 2013
91 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto
iddqd85 wrote: If it works for you, that's great. I'm by no means saying this thing is useless, I actually really want one to complement my weber kettle and kamado for when I'm too lazy to fuss. However 90% of what I cook requires some degree of searing, so I don't see how this would replace a gas or charcoal grill for an average user.
If you want to complement your weber, maybe look into this. https://www.spidergrills.com/ It's a weber pellet adapter. I'm extremely tempted to buy this when released, Just can't justify the cost with the wife. Might be one of those buy now, ask for forgiveness later.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)