• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2019 6:21 pm
[OP]
Jun 9, 2009
327 posts
83 upvotes
Mississauga

[Costco] Luggage set 2 pcs Ricardo Beverly Hills Poly-carbonate $99.99

Costco South Mississauga has Luggage set 2 pcs Ricardo Beverly Hills Poly-carbonate $99.99. Good deal.
Images
  • Ricardo Beverly Hills 1.jpg
  • Ricardo Beverly Hills 2.jpg
  • Ricardo Beverly Hills 3.jpg
17 replies
Mar 25, 2009
805 posts
327 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone purchased and used this brand/model? How is the quality compared to brand name suitcases?
Aug 18, 2009
286 posts
124 upvotes
Barrie
Bought a Ricardo set from Costco last year...figured its Costco so if something breaks I can return it. Worked well for a few trips so far. Word of caution though on this set, if the airlines start to properly enforce their own size restrictions (which they should be doing considering the crap shoot boarding is nowadays) westjet has a 21" carry on size, unlike many other airlines that are 21.5".
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2012
1991 posts
315 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Tango013 wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 9:10 pm
Bought a Ricardo set from Costco last year...figured its Costco so if something breaks I can return it. Worked well for a few trips so far. Word of caution though on this set, if the airlines start to properly enforce their own size restrictions (which they should be doing considering the crap shoot boarding is nowadays) westjet has a 21" carry on size, unlike many other airlines that are 21.5".
I don't think they'll really fuss about an extra 0.5". I travel 3-4 times a month and have never had an issue.
Jan 31, 2014
57 posts
24 upvotes
Montréal
I purchased this brand from Bentley and it's of very high quality in my opinion. The tires are double, very smooth to roll,luggage is not heavy as it is polycarbonate. Zipper are also good good, I say it's better than via luggage. I bought 28inch for 100$ so this seems good deal. I am sure it will suffice for few or more years of airport handling.
May 19, 2015
7 posts
5 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
We've used this set on a bunch of flights, with no damage. The texture of the suitcases keeps them from getting scratched up (so far). The wheels have been great.
I'm really happy with the quality. We used the small suitcases to carry-on West Jet, and they easily fit the size requirements.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
2836 posts
413 upvotes
Vancouver
mcfrugal wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 9:00 pm
Has anyone purchased and used this brand/model? How is the quality compared to brand name suitcases?
My parents had a Ricardo Beverly Hills carry-on suitcase. Not this exact hard-shell model however. They had issues with retracting the handle. It would get stuck when fully extended and would not retract. As you can imagine, it caused issues on flights. The temp solution was to open up the case and access the handle from the inside of the suitcase to retract it. That was a pain.

On the plus side, their customer service was good and they had the suitcase repaired locally for free under warranty. But of course, if you buy from Costco, one can easily return it there.
Nov 19, 2016
229 posts
95 upvotes
I was at Costco during the week and saw these. A very quick inspection from the outside touching the shell didn't give me enough confidence to buy it. Seemed a bit flimsy to me. But I'm also used to the old style material luggage sets.

In any case the price is unbeatable
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2159 posts
484 upvotes
I have too many 21” luggage when ciao got on clearance...

I just need 29.5” bag.. if someone willing to sell then I will buy it
‎3 Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the one that Steve Jobs built.
R.I.P Steve jobs...!!
Apr 19, 2003
262 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
28" is biggest size for checked bag. hopefully you can use it in airports.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
2836 posts
413 upvotes
Vancouver
capjones wrote:
May 24th, 2019 1:51 am
Anyone seen this out West?
Saw this set in Richmond today. Still regular price however.
Oct 28, 2006
563 posts
271 upvotes
Alberta
AFG786 wrote:
May 23rd, 2019 1:01 am
I don't think they'll really fuss about an extra 0.5". I travel 3-4 times a month and have never had an issue.
In Canada Airlines haven't forced the sizes limit yet, but outside of NA if weight and size is not to the respective airline's size they won't allow that baggage onboard even if it's half an inch difference. Hence OPa warning
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
1776 posts
1034 upvotes
Laval, QC
Great price
Has anyone came across this deal at Montreal locations?
Oct 27, 2009
300 posts
158 upvotes
Hamilton
shinku wrote:
May 27th, 2019 1:59 am
In Canada Airlines haven't forced the sizes limit yet, but outside of NA if weight and size is not to the respective airline's size they won't allow that baggage onboard even if it's half an inch difference. Hence OPa warning
So what is the size international Airlines generally are okay with