Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Luminus Elite A19, A21, PAR20, PAR30, BR30, B11, GU10 LED lights significant savings - ON. only

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2017 7:39 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
4278 posts
3753 upvotes
cessnabmw wrote: Will the PAR20 bulbs fit in a screw type MR16?
Not in my fixtures, it looks like their diameter is different. Your best bet is to get yourself over to HD where they have either the phillips 3 pack or Ecosmart 3 packs for $22 or $12, which is not as good as the costco deal but better than I've seen in a while. If it's used in a pot, the length of a PAR16 is longer but seems to fit in most fixtures, as long as you don't need to tilt it much.

Else people have been talking about getting E26 to MR16 adapter but that adds significant length to the bulb, too.
Oct 5, 2008
755 posts
814 upvotes
GTA
plg_cp wrote:
Neither bulb should be used in a fully enclosed fixture, which is an important limitation I think most people may miss.
Count me among those who missed that. What is the problem with using them (4-pack) in an enclosed fixture?
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17117 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
hawkridge wrote:
RSXer wrote: OK these bulbs are driving me crazy. I originally purchased the 2 pack of PAR20. I was happy with them but then I saw the 3 pack so I returned the original 2 pack I purchased.

However the 3 pack of PAR20 has a magenta hue and a slight buzz vs the 2 pack is more natural colour and NO buzz. So I decided to buy back the 2 pack.

This is just my opinion hope it helps!
are you talking about costco? theres a 3 pack of luminus par20 now?
yes i posted this a week ago
3 pack of par 20s for $11.99... minus $8 coupon = $3.99
Mar 2, 2008
143 posts
10 upvotes
^
Checked at the Queensway location and they now have the 3 pack par20 for that price, which they didn't have just a few days ago. The bulb looks slightly different from the 2 pack version, however if it is the same quality, it is a very good deal. Will get around to seeing the differences in the next couple of days and post back.
Sep 16, 2003
170 posts
29 upvotes
razrsharp wrote:
cessnabmw wrote: Will the PAR20 bulbs fit in a screw type MR16?
Not in my fixtures, it looks like their diameter is different. Your best bet is to get yourself over to HD where they have either the phillips 3 pack or Ecosmart 3 packs for $22 or $12, which is not as good as the costco deal but better than I've seen in a while. If it's used in a pot, the length of a PAR16 is longer but seems to fit in most fixtures, as long as you don't need to tilt it much.

Else people have been talking about getting E26 to MR16 adapter but that adds significant length to the bulb, too.
You can also order the Par16 - 5w - 6 pack online for $34 ($5.67 each) : http://www.costco.ca/Luminus%C2%AE-PAR1 ... 06595.html
or the 6.5w for $38: http://www.costco.ca/Luminus%C2%AE-PAR1 ... 06591.html
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
4169 posts
6806 upvotes
Langley, BC
Went back to HD to buy more of the 4pack 60w for 9.97... guy told me that they recalled them all due to no French on the packaging...

:( 2 pack of the same bulb is 6.97
Feb 28, 2010
479 posts
165 upvotes
Finally got a hold of someone at Luminus who knows what they are talking about, the 4 pack gu10 bulbs have a cri of 92.8 and do dim down to 10%. They are contacting energystar to update the site. Also the lifetime is listed at 25,000 because it has not completed the 40,000 hour testing yet but it will shortly.

Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1459 posts
629 upvotes
Canada
hawkridge wrote: Finally got a hold of someone at Luminus who knows what they are talking about, the 4 pack gu10 bulbs have a cri of 92.8 and do dim down to 10%. They are contacting energystar to update the site. Also the lifetime is listed at 25,000 because it has not completed the 40,000 hour testing yet but it will shortly.

This is great! Newer is better in every way, even if just slightly. And cheaper to boot! Hope my local warehouses have them before the end of the year ;)
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2005
1425 posts
107 upvotes
Anyone converted their MR16 halogen pot lights to GU10 LED?
Is it just buying an adapter? or I need to remove the transformer too?
I watched videos on youtube that you need to remove the transformer from the pot lights.. however when I took my pot light apart, there is this big giant conduit thing that connects to the thick wire.. not sure if that's the transformer..
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1459 posts
629 upvotes
Canada
edvc520 wrote: Anyone converted their MR16 halogen pot lights to GU10 LED?
Is it just buying an adapter? or I need to remove the transformer too?
I watched videos on youtube that you need to remove the transformer from the pot lights.. however when I took my pot light apart, there is this big giant conduit thing that connects to the thick wire.. not sure if that's the transformer..
MR16 is just the reflector type of the bulb and GU10 is the connector. There are many MR16 bulbs from many brands with GU10 connector. An MR16 bulb can have many different connector types. You can just look for the LED MR16 type with the same connector as the halogen ones you have instead.

Jul 16, 2006
282 posts
63 upvotes
Can anyone confirm any a21s in stock around GTA locations?
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2002
1673 posts
1193 upvotes
ufa wrote: Can anyone confirm any a21s in stock around GTA locations?
None at Billy Bishop Way near Yorkdale.
Mar 2, 2008
143 posts
10 upvotes
Just posting my findings on the 2 pack vs 3 pack par20 bulbs.
- 2 pack bulb p/n is PLZ3033T2; 3 pack bulb p/n is PLZ3033T3
- 2 pack price is 13.99-5.00=$8.99 vs 3 pack price is 11.99-8.00=$3.99
- from the specs on the packaging, they appear identical
- from the specs on the energy star website they appear identical except their test data shows the 3 pack bulb can only dim down to 50% vs 10% on the 2 pack
- from my first hand comparison: they both dim to the same amount (~10%), color temperature is same, light output is also the same, no buzzing with either on my Leviton led rated dimmer
- see pics below for some slight physical differences...mainly on the reflector. I prefer the new 3 pack version's reflector as it makes the bulb look more like a traditional par20 vs a smaller light size.

For me, the 3 pack par20 is a no brainer with great savings!

Jan 19, 2013
767 posts
80 upvotes
Surrey
f1v12 wrote: Just posting my findings on the 2 pack vs 3 pack par20 bulbs.
- 2 pack bulb p/n is PLZ3033T2; 3 pack bulb p/n is PLZ3033T3
- 2 pack price is 13.99-5.00=$8.99 vs 3 pack price is 11.99-8.00=$3.99
- from the specs on the packaging, they appear identical
- from the specs on the energy star website they appear identical except their test data shows the 3 pack bulb can only dim down to 50% vs 10% on the 2 pack
- from my first hand comparison: they both dim to the same amount (~10%), color temperature is same, light output is also the same, no buzzing with either on my Leviton led rated dimmer
- see pics below for some slight physical differences...mainly on the reflector. I prefer the new 3 pack version's reflector as it makes the bulb look more like a traditional par20 vs a smaller light size.

For me, the 3 pack par20 is a no brainer with great savings!

I have the bigger flood lights and can confirm they only dim about 50% compared to the regular bulbs. It's kind of annoying, but something I can live with. I should also mention when it's on low Dim the light is constantly flickering.
Mar 2, 2008
143 posts
10 upvotes
tonysoprano wrote:
I have the bigger flood lights and can confirm they only dim about 50% compared to the regular bulbs. It's kind of annoying, but something I can live with. I should also mention when it's on low Dim the light is constantly flickering.
Maybe the dimmer being used is the culprit? From what I've read using an led rated dimmer is important to get the full dimming range, no buzzing, and no flickering. I'm using https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.deco ... uggest=pip with really good results. There was a way to set the minimum brightness level on the dimmer, which got both bulbs down to roughly 10% output with no issues.
Sep 24, 2003
170 posts
42 upvotes
1002drocca wrote: Par16's are available online.

Par16 - 5w - 6 pack online for $34 ($5.67 each) : http://www.costco.ca/Luminus%C2%AE-PAR1 ... 06595.html
or the 6.5w for $38: http://www.costco.ca/Luminus%C2%AE-PAR1 ... 06591.html
Thanks! The link doesn't work (truncated?) in your post but just go to costco.ca and search for Luminus PAR16 to find it.

Do you know if these are normal price/availibility? I guess there's no way to apply the "Ontario coupons" online?
Jan 19, 2013
767 posts
80 upvotes
Surrey
f1v12 wrote:
tonysoprano wrote:
Maybe the dimmer being used is the culprit? From what I've read using an led rated dimmer is important to get the full dimming range, no buzzing, and no flickering. I'm using https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.deco ... uggest=pip with really good results. There was a way to set the minimum brightness level on the dimmer, which got both bulbs down to roughly 10% output with no issues.
You could be right, I wouldn't know how to find out unless i switch the current dimmer out. It's worth a try, i can try in one of the weeks coming up.
Mar 1, 2003
111 posts
4 upvotes
vader_slri wrote:
Nor did Billy Bishop have any B11s, BTW.

I'm also looking for a dozen A21s; please let me know if you see any.

Thanks
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2004
1079 posts
327 upvotes
Quimby wrote:
vader_slri wrote:
Nor did Billy Bishop have any B11s, BTW.

I'm also looking for a dozen A21s; please let me know if you see any.

Thanks
None at Woodbine 7 location, as well as Colossus Woodbridge location... would like to get a few A21 as well if anyone spot them.