Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] MacroLife Macro Greens Superfood 90 servings $46+tax with free shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2018 4:58 pm
[OP]
Dec 11, 2007
192 posts
41 upvotes

[Costco] MacroLife Macro Greens Superfood 90 servings $46+tax with free shipping

I read this offers the best value compared to the other super green powders.
38 replies
Jan 23, 2017
754 posts
599 upvotes
Calgary
aZian_ wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 12:15 pm
Can anyone comment?
Curious as well. I buy Amazing Grass Green Superfood but they changed the ingredients about a year ago.

May give this a shot instead..
Sep 11, 2017
35 posts
32 upvotes
I can. Keeping in mind that how it "performs" is subjective to the user, but I can offer my thoughts compared to other greens that I've tried. This is my go-to greens powder. Compared to other brands I've tried, it dissolves better, tastes good on its own and in smoothies, and provides the same benefits, from my experience. A regular 60 serving tub can run you $70 easy at some health food stores. This has 90 servings and normally costs $60. At regular price this is a deal. At this price it's a no brainer. I just bought a container and might have to buy another one at this price.

Buying online is your best bet. This used to be in stores, but for the last 6 months I haven't been able to find it; seems like it was replaced by another product by Macrolife, called "Reds." (You can't make this stuff up.) Reds is beet-based with fruit, compared to this product, which is green vegetable-based. Reds is also less servings per contained and, imo having bought a container, tastes worse than greens on its own.

If you're on the fence, go for it!
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
1270 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
I tried both this and Amazing Grass. I personally prefer the taste of Amazing Grass, but for this price, this is a steal.
Nov 18, 2014
69 posts
31 upvotes
Victoria, BC
This is really going to depend on your taste. I didn't have any issues with the taste. In fact I found it sweeter then I anticipated. Others in my family, were a bit more dramatic.... I wonder if you can cook with it?
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2011
1916 posts
1555 upvotes
Calgary
What is this for?
Rule No.1 here: Buy first, Think afterwards.
Jul 28, 2009
131 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
I'm skeptical of the reviews. I swear sometimes it's just a placebo effect knowing that you're ingesting all these "super foods" and then you attribute every great thing happening in your life to the powder. just my two cents.

I'll still try it though Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
7554 posts
975 upvotes
Toronto
I bought this by mistake thinking it was good bang for the buck as someone placed the last jar by another price tag saying $26.99 at Costco.
I took it home knowing if the reviews were bad or I could get it cheaper elsewhere I could return it.
There are good reviews online and the $45.99 price at Costco which I also paid, is a steal compared to other places so decided to keep it and try it.
I did not find it to be as effective as other greens powders I've used before.
Note it's not only greens powders but other stuff mixed in including vitamins which I believe are synthetic as my urine is bright yellow after taking it.
After I finish my current jar will revert back to Ergogenics whole greens powder and a separate vitamin pill etc.
It's quite convenient as it has so many different stuff all in one but the expensive ingredients like the spirulina and chlorella may be watered down by the cheaper filler stuff IMO.
Aug 27, 2009
606 posts
335 upvotes
So this is basically for people who don't want/can't eat fruit?

Is there any other advantage beyond convenience?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2653 posts
276 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
lleb13 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 5:50 pm
So this is basically for people who don't want/can't eat fruit?

Is there any other advantage beyond convenience?
You can't eat your daily requirement + convenient + 3.4 trillion global wellness industry = I'm better than you cause I take greens Winking Face
Apr 18, 2006
336 posts
28 upvotes
Is this for mixing in smoothies or something? How many servings in it?