Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Magniflex Italian memory foam mattress King-Queen (350-600 discount)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2021 4:52 pm
Nov 22, 2017
254 posts
317 upvotes
Montreal

[Costco] Magniflex Italian memory foam mattress King-Queen (350-600 discount)

Hey, guys!
I have Magniflex mattress since 2011 and I am totally happy with it, same as my wife.
We have a King size mattress and she never wakes up when I come into bed late, because foam mattress is very steady.
It's Italian high-quality brand made of best memory foam. 20 years warranty from manufacturer. And you have Costco warranty if you don't like it.
Highly recommend.
Description on manufacturer site: https://www.magniflex.com/international ... al-12.html
Materials: https://www.magniflex.com/international ... html#close
Have a good nights!
Last edited by mummonth on Jan 14th, 2021 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
30 replies
Nov 22, 2017
254 posts
317 upvotes
Montreal
CDRoot wrote: That's still pretty expensive. I got mine on amazon delivered for $5xx

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0771MDKCM/ref ... eAMrJ3EYam
Seriously?
Comparing apples to mangoes? Or GMC to Lexus? GMC will get you from point A to point B, but there are people who likes Lexus quality more than price of GMC. It's up to you.
Did you even try to google on quality of Magniflex? Do you have 20 years manufacturers warranty?
Last edited by MrDisco on Jan 17th, 2021 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Unnecessary
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
2719 posts
5380 upvotes
Winterpeg
Ya I gotta be honest. Foam beds were meant to be cheaper. Then all the pansies of the world bought them up and then drove up the price. It's just foam, not worth $2000!!
Telus EPP - $40 30GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk/Text - Incl. Apple Watch LTE
Public Mobile $34 50GB 5G Unlimited Talk/Text Canada/US
TextNow SIM X 2 Unlimited US CAN MEX Talk/Text in US FREE! 1 CAD 1 US.
Fongo $17.99 12 month texting
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4278 posts
5209 upvotes
Montreal, QC
CDRoot wrote: That's still pretty expensive. I got mine on amazon delivered for $5xx

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0771MDKCM/ref ... eAMrJ3EYam
I bought a twinXl LUCID mattress from amazon, for my son in 2015. The mattress lasted about 3 years. Yes it was cheap, but you get what you pay for in some cases. It was great for the first year, but then it got pretty soft quickly. After 3 years, when we replaced it, when you sat on it, you would literally hit the bottom and feel the platform underneath. Totally useless.

Not saying mattress cost is always proportional to quality and longevity, but the LUCID one, I was not too impressed. It was cheap and one of the few that had TwinXL available at the time, so that's why we had bought it. But then again, I have a Seally King size memory foam one that cost me close to $1800 and it is useless... 5 years later and it is sagging everywhere, and has close to zero support. But since there is no obvious depression when you are not lying in the bed, there is nothing a warranty will cover. Even though the foam has no more holding power. And worst part is, this was a replacement for a Stearns and Foster which failed after 4 years, and they gave me a full refund (which I put towards the Sealy). And least the Stearns and Foster was a traditional spring bed (~$1300 at the time), and the depressions were obvious and didn't have to argue much to get a refund.

Don't even know what to get next.

I don't mind spending $2K on a mattress, but would like to know that it could actually last 10 years at least without degrading in terms of comfort that much.
Thinking of something hybrid probably (for some additional support), but needs to be quality.
Last edited by Emporium on Jan 14th, 2021 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 22, 2017
254 posts
317 upvotes
Montreal
KenAdams wrote: Ya I gotta be honest. Foam beds were meant to be cheaper. Then all the pansies of the world bought them up and then drove up the price. It's just foam, not worth $2000!!
Not only foam beds. Many appliances are way overpriced in North America. Internet services are over priced. Cell phone services same thing. Certain building professionals hourly rate are sometimes crazy expensive. Dental implant are overpriced too. Same as many other things.
But I created this topic not for this discussion, I have Magniflex mattress which I find has outstanding quality and I share my experience with RFD guys, because I can safely recommend it to everyone.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21248 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
KenAdams wrote: Ya I gotta be honest. Foam beds were meant to be cheaper. Then all the pansies of the world bought them up and then drove up the price. It's just foam, not worth $2000!!
Sorry to break it to you, but standard beds are also super to cheap to make. You're basically getting ripped off no matter what mattress you go for.
https://freakonomics.com/podcast/mattress-store-bubble/
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Nov 21, 2001
856 posts
159 upvotes
Markham
mummonth wrote: It's Italian high-quality brand made of best latex memory foam. 20 years warranty from manufacturer. And you have Costco warranty if you don't like it.
Internal mattress layout:
Quilted cover in Outlast and natural viscose
1.3 cm (0.5 in.) quilting in Memoform (memory foam)
1.3 cm (0.5 in.) quilting in hypoallergenic fiber
5.1cm (2 in.) Memoform (memory foam)
17.8 cm (7 in.) Eliosoft (soft support foam)

Not latex. Latex seems to be pricey, this is a lot of money for 2" of actual foam and .5" of quilting..
Nov 22, 2017
254 posts
317 upvotes
Montreal
Emporium wrote:
I don't mind spending $2K on a mattress, but would like to know that it could actually last 10 years at least without degrading in terms of comfort that much.
Thinking of something hybrid probably (for some additional support), but needs to be quality.
I spent on my Magniflex 2k 10 years ago, It included 2 King pillows (180 original price of each) delivery and taxes. I got 30% discount and paid 2k.
We took good care of it, turning it around every year just so it will better keep it's shape. And I am kind of heavy guy, weighting 225-275lbs and after 10 years of usage Magniflex is still holding up great.
I would jump on this deal in a blink of an eye, but it looks like ours going to last at least another 5 years. But I am very tempted, same as my wife.
I suggest you try it, if anything goes wrong - it's Costco, hassle free returns.
Last edited by mummonth on Jan 14th, 2021 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4278 posts
5209 upvotes
Montreal, QC
mummonth wrote: I spent on my Magniflex 2k 10 years ago, It included 2 King pillows (180 original price of each) delivery and taxes. I got 30% discount and paid 2k.
We take care of it, turning it around every year just so it will better keep it's shape. And I am kind of heavy guy, weighting 225-275lbs and after 10 years of usage Magniflex is still holding up great.
I would jump on this deal in a blink of an eye, but it looks like ours going to last at least another 5 years. But I am very tempted, same as my wife.
I suggest you try it, if anything goes wrong - it's Costco, hassle free returns.
I'm seriously tempted. It's either this or the Tempur-Flex Hybrid that costco has also.
Sister has had a Tempur-pedic for the last 8 or 9 years and she swears by it. She claims it's as good as the day they got it.
Nov 22, 2017
254 posts
317 upvotes
Montreal
groo wrote: Internal mattress layout:

Not latex. Latex seems to be pricey, this is a lot of money for 2" of actual foam and .5" of quilting..
Mine mattress was made of Talalay latex and they used it many years after, now they seems to switch to new-generation materials Magnifoam and Memoform.
Knowing Magniflex priority is quality, I would guess they did it, because new materials works better than latex, but I am not an expert.
These have 20 years manufacturers warranty. Can you call any other from top of your head?
Changes are not always for bad, sometimes it's for good and I hope this is the case of Magniflex.
I like to buy mattress every 20 years, not every 3 years.
Here is more info from manufacturer:
https://www.magniflex.com/international ... html#close
http://themagniflexgallery.com/285-2/
Last edited by mummonth on Jan 14th, 2021 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 5, 2009
312 posts
147 upvotes
groo wrote: Internal mattress layout:

I agree. Also it doesn't specify the lbs density of the foam either
Nov 22, 2017
254 posts
317 upvotes
Montreal
Emporium wrote: I'm seriously tempted. It's either this or the Tempur-Flex Hybrid that costco has also.
Sister has had a Tempur-pedic for the last 8 or 9 years and she swears by it. She claims it's as good as the day they got it.
It's up to you man, but my preference would be Magniflex.
1) Magniflex top model is 600 cheaper (discount)
2) 20 yrs warranty vs 10 yrs
3) According to Consumer reports tempur pedic is a good brand with Rating around 66-73, while best have scores of 85.
4) Made in Italy.
You can always return Magniflex back to Costco and buy Tempur pedic and maybe it will be on discount at that time, who knows.
But I hope that you will love your Magniflex and in 10 years will recomment it to your sister ).
Last edited by mummonth on Jan 14th, 2021 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21248 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
I got a Brooklyn Bedding natural talalay latex king mattress about 6 years ago. We're still very happy with it. No sagging.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4278 posts
5209 upvotes
Montreal, QC
mummonth wrote: It's up to you man, but my preference would be Magniflex.
1) Magniflex top model is 600 cheaper (discount)
2) 20 yrs warranty vs 10 yrs
3) According to Consumer reports tempur pedic is a good brand with Rating around 66-73, while best have scores of 85.
4) Made in Italy.
You can always return Magniflex back to Costco and buy Tempur pedic and maybe it will be on discount at that time, who knows.
But I hope that you will love your Magniflex and in 10 years will recomment it to your sister ).
I hear you, but one thing that I like about the Tempur is the warranty. Yes it is only 10 years, but they are way ahead of the competition in terms of thier coverage. Unlike others where you have to have a visible 2" deflection, to even be considered, Tempur is only "visible indentation greater than three- fourths (0.75) of an inch". This is a huge difference, especially with units that have memory foam upper layers.

I think I will hold off a few months and wait till things are a little more normal. I just noticed that the furniture shop that I typically get a lot of my home furnishings from, carries the Magniflex mattresses also, so maybe I'll go try them out. Also they seem to carry DreamStar Mattresses, which is a Canadian Manufacturer in ON and they offer 15yrs. There is a local manufacturer which some friends have recommended, which build custom, and all have been super happy with them.
Jul 17, 2013
73 posts
126 upvotes
Calgary
I am Italian, I wouldn't say my people are really well known for our memory foam. I could be wrong though.
Nov 22, 2017
254 posts
317 upvotes
Montreal
Emporium wrote: I hear you, but one thing that I like about the Tempur is the warranty. Yes it is only 10 years, but they are way ahead of the competition in terms of thier coverage. Unlike others where you have to have a visible 2" deflection, to even be considered, Tempur is only "visible indentation greater than three- fourths (0.75) of an inch". This is a huge difference, especially with units that have memory foam upper layers.

I think I will hold off a few months and wait till things are a little more normal. I just noticed that the furniture shop that I typically get a lot of my home furnishings from, carries the Magniflex mattresses also, so maybe I'll go try them out. Also they seem to carry DreamStar Mattresses, which is a Canadian Manufacturer in ON and they offer 15yrs. There is a local manufacturer which some friends have recommended, which build custom, and all have been super happy with them.
Checked Magniflex warranty.
Not fully clear. They talk about dips of 15% of size of mattress and with 30cm it's 4,5cm. But later they write about +-2cm which is approx 0,75 inch.
https://www.magniflex.com/international/warranty.html
Good luck anyways!
Aug 19, 2011
379 posts
143 upvotes
Vancouver
Emporium wrote: I'm seriously tempted. It's either this or the Tempur-Flex Hybrid that costco has also.
I'm in the same boat right now. The Brick also has some interesting 50th anniversary sales bringing their Tempur-Pedic options into the Costco price range.
Nov 22, 2017
254 posts
317 upvotes
Montreal
SilkyY89100 wrote: Are these memory foam mattress firm or plush ?
From the description of the most expensive model on Costco site: Dual Core technology allows you to choose between a Soft and Medium Soft comfort.
I guess it's two-sided with one side being plush and another Medium.
Check others, they seems to make both types.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)