Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Manor House Floor Registers 4"x10" (3 Pack) Brushed Nickel Finish - $12.99 (In-store) Reg $17.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 23rd, 2022 6:45 pm
[OP]
Jul 26, 2020
7 posts
14 upvotes
Mississauga

[Costco] Manor House Floor Registers 4"x10" (3 Pack) Brushed Nickel Finish - $12.99 (In-store) Reg $17.99

Bought this at Costco Dixie today. Only applicable In-Store

Features:
Brushed nickel finish
Plated steel register top
3-pack
Floor register with extra-large top
Easy air flow control
Easy to install
High impact plastic, adjustable damper box

For more details :
Costco.ca online >> 4 pack selling for $29.99
Link for 4 pack online - https://www.costco.ca/manor-house-brush ... 66626.html
Images
  • imageService.jpeg
  • 20220122_131329.jpg
Last edited by rjake123 on Jan 22nd, 2022 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
25 replies
Jun 12, 2018
573 posts
593 upvotes
Ontario
Bought these years ago online. Holding up well.
Jul 13, 2020
156 posts
512 upvotes
Yup bought 4 packs last month for 11.99 at Costco store.
Needed 2more. Got these yesterday but it's a dollar more than last month.
Still worth it.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
15134 posts
12511 upvotes
GTA, ON
I wonder if they've improved the strength of these. I had bought some from Costco 10yrs ago and within a couple of years a lot of the dampers broke. The cheap little plastic handle that operates the damper snapped. They still look good but I have to use a chopstick to manually operate the plastic slats.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Oct 16, 2021
31 posts
47 upvotes
I’m not a fan of these. The top plate is metal, but the everything below is cheap plastic. After having a number of them breaking and jamming, I replaced them with all metal Accord registers that I got on for 50% off.

Really don’t recommend, they don’t last.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2008
1769 posts
670 upvotes
Clayphish wrote: I’m not a fan of these. The top plate is metal, but the everything below is cheap plastic. After having a number of them breaking and jamming, I replaced them with all metal Accord registers that I got on for 50% off.

Really don’t recommend, they don’t last.
Agreed. Purchased enough to change out the whole house and over time, we had to replace them due to the plastic snapping/breaking.
After some research, purchased the all metal ones from Lowes and no issues since.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2006
1897 posts
300 upvotes
Toronto
Genblue wrote: Agreed. Purchased enough to change out the whole house and over time, we had to replace them due to the plastic snapping/breaking.
After some research, purchased the all metal ones from Lowes and no issues since.
Link ?
Apr 10, 2006
667 posts
526 upvotes
The plastic adjustment tabs broke off on most of mine. But since I rarely have any need to open or close the vents, they're still fine after 8 years. If I need to close/open the vent, I just lift the whole thing out and move the slats from the bottom.
Nov 21, 2011
87 posts
187 upvotes
I bought these 2 years ago and I also noticed how the dampers and tabs are cheap plastic. These are fine if you plan to set it and forget it, but if you have to adjust them often for any reason the tabs will give out early on you.
Jun 12, 2018
573 posts
593 upvotes
Ontario
Not sure what you guys are doing to break the plastic dampers so much. No problems here for a few years but I don't adjust them much. Works fine whenever I do though. If you have access you should adjust the dampers in the ductwork instead. These are $12.99 for 3 so don't expect the world
Penalty Box
Dec 16, 2020
165 posts
208 upvotes
Only the silver or bronze too?
xtreme to the maximum
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2014
1693 posts
1433 upvotes
I have these in my place (from previous owners). A few of them are stiff when I try to pry it open. Maybe I should get a pack to replace the ones that are not working.
May 21, 2008
260 posts
45 upvotes
They get broken from vacuuming/mopping the floor, or chairs/furniture gently touching. They really aren't designed for even small scuffles. The plastic is such a joke. I would never buy them again.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2008
1769 posts
670 upvotes
stevo88 wrote: Not sure what you guys are doing to break the plastic dampers so much. No problems here for a few years but I don't adjust them much. Works fine whenever I do though. If you have access you should adjust the dampers in the ductwork instead. These are $12.99 for 3 so don't expect the world
I found a few problems:
1) Carpet - The ones on the carpet bent and the plastic tabs eventually broke off as the metal bent.
2) Side impact - The metal top sits off the ground, so in my kitchen, when a chair hits the vent from the side, the tabs eventually snap.

It doesn't help that my Mattamy home doesn't have much given in the vent space, so the plastic base is held tight.

The metal bottom ones don't shear from side impact and give extra support to the metal tops.

As someone mentioned, you get what you pay for... the metal ones are $18-$20 but don't need to be changed until you no longer like the colour/style.
Jan 24, 2007
893 posts
323 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
If you have an issue with the plastic part breaking as the metal plate on top slightly bend when stepping on it or for similar reason, try to replace them with the cast iron plate ones, those are very sturdy and I have them in an old house(uneven floors) and has held up strong.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
15134 posts
12511 upvotes
GTA, ON
stevo88 wrote: Not sure what you guys are doing to break the plastic dampers so much. No problems here for a few years but I don't adjust them much. Works fine whenever I do though. If you have access you should adjust the dampers in the ductwork instead. These are $12.99 for 3 so don't expect the world
I adjust the main ones twice a year for heating/cooling season.
Close a few main floor ones in the summer to force colder AC air to the upstairs, and then open them again in the winter to better distribute furnace heat.

The plastic tabs do suck. At least the ones I got 10yrs ago. From the sounds of it, nothing has changed. They break very easily as the plastic is not very hardy.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)