• Last Updated:
  • Aug 10th, 2020 4:34 pm
75 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2003
1849 posts
735 upvotes
Ottawa
In the market for a home gym setup but a quick google search shows Walmart was selling this for $325 USD (currently OOS). That works out to about $443 CAD currently. Granted we always end up paying more for living in Canada but seems like the price could be lower.
Aug 2, 2007
83 posts
9 upvotes
Yeah. I'm looking for a home gym setup in my garage. Slowly getting pieces bit by bit.
Pretty sure the prices will come down in a few months.
The questions is buy now or save a little money in a few months after gaining 10-15 lbs lol

I'm more concerned about the quality of this gym
Apr 19, 2019
85 posts
79 upvotes
skyboy1688 wrote: Yeah. I'm looking for a home gym setup in my garage. Slowly getting pieces bit by bit.
Pretty sure the prices will come down in a few months.
The questions is buy now or save a little money in a few months after gaining 10-15 lbs lol

I'm more concerned about the quality of this gym
I’m having the same dilemma. I think prices will come down, and I’ve got good enough equipment for now, and definitely looking at quality first. This cage does look pretty decent though. So I might consider it.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2016
1731 posts
1770 upvotes
The thing I'm concerned about the most is it looks like it will be cramped inside, especially if you do squats or bench. Look at how close those vertical support bars are. They're about as wide as that guy in the picture. Would have been great if they doubled that space.
Jul 20, 2020
9 posts
2 upvotes
I just got one! Ty OP been out of stock for a while and would've missed it again this time. Last time I waited and by the time I did my research it was out of stock (same evening..)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2018
2559 posts
1847 upvotes
Hindenburg1 wrote: The thing I'm concerned about the most is it looks like it will be cramped inside, especially if you do squats or bench. Look at how close those vertical support bars are. They're about as wide as that guy in the picture. Would have been great if they doubled that space.
Same thing different brand.
Look how he bench and squat. It seems perfect.
Aug 2, 2007
83 posts
9 upvotes
hm.. I think I'm going to look for something else.
The whole thing seems to be shaking when doing dips.
I think it'll be fine if you don't do dips.
Pretty sure more and more products will be getting stock soooooooon!
Dec 22, 2008
784 posts
265 upvotes
London
Not a bad deal! Just careful, if you lift heavy go for something better as this doesn't hold a lot of weight for heavy squatters. These are the specs:

Maximum Weight Capacities and Assembled Dimensions
Maximum user weight to use Chin-up and Dip Handle: 300lb
Maximum weight on Sliding Weight Post: 220lb
Maximum weight on Weight Plate Rack: 410lb
Maximum weight on each Dumbbell-Kettlebell Tray: 265lb
Maximum weight on Safety Catch and Bar Catch: 300lb
Assembled Dimension: 56”L x 61”W x 85”H

https://www.marcypro.com/marcy-cage-home-gym-mwm-7041
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2018
2559 posts
1847 upvotes
skyboy1688 wrote: hm.. I think I'm going to look for something else.
The whole thing seems to be shaking when doing dips.
I think it'll be fine if you don't do dips.
Pretty sure more and more products will be getting stock soooooooon!
It's hard to find something similar at same price range with dips and pulley
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
1904 posts
1537 upvotes
Looks good, but was it me or did dip station seem a little wobbly?
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2016
1731 posts
1770 upvotes
Mrrfdxyz wrote: Same thing different brand.
Look how he bench and squat. It seems perfect.
That looks better but still the ones in the gym are much wider. Maybe that's just me, I prefer more space.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2018
2559 posts
1847 upvotes
Hindenburg1 wrote: That looks better but still the ones in the gym are much wider. Maybe that's just me, I prefer more space.
True. Perfect enough for smaller 10x10 feet room though. Will get better $1000 ones when I got my own home
May 11, 2017
91 posts
76 upvotes
I bought one and can confirm the dips do make the rack shake. I am 5"11 and 185lbs. However, if you put a plate (45lb) at the one end of the plate rack it is fine. You are correct that if you don't do dips everything else is fine about the rack. It is probably a better price point at under $500, but you will be waiting awhile to get one at this rate.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2018
2559 posts
1847 upvotes
dsouzaaa wrote: I bought one and can confirm the dips do make the rack shake. I am 5"11 and 185lbs. However, if you put a plate (45lb) at the one end of the plate rack it is fine. You are correct that if you don't do dips everything else is fine about the rack. It is probably a better price point at under $500, but you will be waiting awhile to get one at this rate.
Yeah this is good enough. This rack is only 150 lbs so can expect to not rattle. Other racks are like 250 lbs
Penalty Box
Aug 19, 2015
7396 posts
7623 upvotes
Downtown Canada
WilliamL51270 wrote: Was close to pulling the trigger on this but ended up emailing Barrie location and they had this in stock for curbside pickup:

https://www.fitnessavenue.ca/amstaff-tp ... attachment

Better fit for my basement overall.
Yep, looks better
Telus $30/25GB X 4 lines Non shareable
$0 200 USA LD min/month X 4 lines
$0 Visual Voicemail X 4 lines
Fringe Minority
Apr 17, 2015
756 posts
606 upvotes
Toronto, ON
"Product not found!