Hot Deals

[Costco] Marcy Cage Home Gym System $599.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2020 5:24 pm
Sep 1, 2020
6 posts
7 upvotes
By far one of the best cage systems for the price. If youre under 300lbs then this cage is for you. Does not come with weights ofcourse but you can do 100+ exercises on this if you have the proper cable attachments and a barbell. Ive owned mine for 6 months now and use it all the time.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 8, 2007
5012 posts
1178 upvotes
Thanks OP. I've been opportunistically bulking up my home gym over the past couple of years (pre-COVID) and this looks like a good deal for a cage setup. Note the 300lbs weight limit for anyone interested in doing 3+ plate squats ...

https://www.marcypro.com/marcy-cage-home-gym-mwm-7041
Mark77 wrote:"All aspiring students should go into the financial services - engineering is, and always has been, a poor choice for our brightest minds ... and TodayHello is my Hero ..."
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
May 2, 2005
672 posts
125 upvotes
That bicep curl looks uncomfortable.
Mar 6, 2015
177 posts
216 upvotes
Just finished putting mine together. Obviously not gym level quality, but amazing value for the price and for a home gym setup.
Nov 1, 2017
836 posts
328 upvotes
Any deals on barbells, weights, mats and a bench?

Not looking for anything crazy. Just need to be able to handle 4 plates minimum (deadlift, not squat)
Dec 7, 2012
220 posts
411 upvotes
Thanks OP! I wouldn’t have seen this if you hadn’t posted.
Nov 8, 2015
370 posts
314 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Either I got really unlucky or Marcy have been cutting a lot of corners to meet the recent demand on these cages. I received both boxes but had a ton of missing and damaged pieces, which has made the cage utterly useless (and dangerous) until I hear back from Marcy/Costco on getting replacements.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2674 posts
3607 upvotes
BC
habuyeths wrote: Either I got really unlucky or Marcy have been cutting a lot of corners to meet the recent demand on these cages. I received both boxes but had a ton of missing and damaged pieces, which has made the cage utterly useless (and dangerous) until I hear back from Marcy/Costco on getting replacements.
I bought a weight tree/rack from them and a piece was missing holes to secure it together.

I messaged Marcy and they said they'll ship me the piece, but their CSR is really slow and seems sloppy
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
4888 posts
1333 upvotes
Toronto
habuyeths wrote: Either I got really unlucky or Marcy have been cutting a lot of corners to meet the recent demand on these cages. I received both boxes but had a ton of missing and damaged pieces, which has made the cage utterly useless (and dangerous) until I hear back from Marcy/Costco on getting replacements.
May be faster to just return it to Costco and order another one? Does take some time to line up on refund perhaps tho...
Nov 21, 2007
540 posts
61 upvotes
boyoflondon wrote: Yes. Weights are not included
Does anyone know if it has the option for the rectangular weight plates at the rear to use with the cables/pulleys?
Mar 16, 2008
189 posts
8 upvotes
Mississauga
PerformingAzura wrote: Any deals on barbells, weights, mats and a bench?

Not looking for anything crazy. Just need to be able to handle 4 plates minimum (deadlift, not squat)
Same... Looking for weights and bench.
Aug 5, 2020
36 posts
26 upvotes
Echoing what other people have been saying, Marcy has been an absolute nightmare to deal with. I ordered a Squat Rack from them through Costco and they shipped me two of the same boxes and I've been waiting over 2 months now for them to send me the right 2nd box. The Costco customer service was slow to start, but thankfully they have been really good since then and I at least got a discount. If at all possible try to deal only with Costco.
Feb 2, 2010
938 posts
763 upvotes
lmx116 wrote: Could someone please comment on this? Thanks.
https://www.costco.ca/marcy-combo-smith ... 84899.html
"User weight capacity: 136.1 kg (300 lb.)"
I'm not sure what that means, but if it means that the total weight the bench can support with the user and the weights they're using is 300lbs, then that's way too low IMO. I'm 225 so I'd be limited to 75lbs. An Olympic bar is 45lbs, so even for a 150lb person thats a max of 105 lbs in weights. I'm guessing the Smith machine doesn't really have a limit, but for bench press this is not heavy duty enough.
Aug 31, 2003
630 posts
84 upvotes
White Rock, BC
Tapout123 wrote: "User weight capacity: 136.1 kg (300 lb.)"
I'm not sure what that means, but if it means that the total weight the bench can support with the user and the weights they're using is 300lbs, then that's way too low IMO. I'm 225 so I'd be limited to 75lbs. An Olympic bar is 45lbs, so even for a 150lb person thats a max of 105 lbs in weights. I'm guessing the Smith machine doesn't really have a limit, but for bench press this is not heavy duty enough.
For this machine I would be shocked if it wasn't referring to the bar only and not the bench

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)