Hot Deals

[Costco] Marcy Cage Home Gym System $599.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2020 5:24 pm
Feb 2, 2010
944 posts
768 upvotes
ranjy wrote: For this machine I would be shocked if it wasn't referring to the bar only and not the bench
In reading it more closely, I think the "User Weight capacity" is more for the dip station than the bar. I went to the website and all it says is user weight capacity of 300lbs, and it isn't specific about why. There is no mention anywhere on their site about total weight capacity on the bench (the cage shouldn't be a problem, and the Smith part and bar are both listed as 300lbs max, so they should be fine), but the bench is the only piece that will need to support both the user and weights, so unless it specifically states otherwise, I'd take the 300lb limit to apply to the bench too. They do have a bench that they list as 600lbs combined weight capacity between the user and bar, but it's not the same as the one that comes with this set. Might be worth a phone call to Mercy to confirm before purchasing.
Nov 1, 2017
839 posts
330 upvotes
Haven't received my machine yet, however Costco has given me a tracking number.

I'm going to be installing this in the basement (tile floor).

I can't think of any excerise you could do with this rack that involves drop weights. Is there really a need to buy protective mats?
Nov 1, 2017
839 posts
330 upvotes
moon_man33 wrote: Same... Looking for weights and bench.
There was a dude selling a full rack, 400lb in weights, a bar and a bench for 780 on Kijiji. Sold in 30minutes of posting.

I found some deals on small 1" plates (2.5/5/10) and mini bars, but all the Olympic stuff start at 150.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2682 posts
3624 upvotes
BC
PerformingAzura wrote: Haven't received my machine yet, however Costco has given me a tracking number.

I'm going to be installing this in the basement (tile floor).

I can't think of any excerise you could do with this rack that involves drop weights. Is there really a need to buy protective mats?
deadlifts, placing dumbbells down, Barbell rows off the ground, floor press, the list goes on. Accidents happen, weight could fall and chip the tiles. Tiles could also get slippery and be dangerous if you're squatting.

I'm not sure if the rack has rubber legs but hearing the scraping would get annoying.

At the minimum get those cheap gym mats that lock together and are 2' x 2' and 1/2in to 3/4in thick They're about $30-$40 for 24sqft and easy to install.
PerformingAzura wrote: There was a dude selling a full rack, 400lb in weights, a bar and a bench for 780 on Kijiji. Sold in 30minutes of posting.

I found some deals on small 1" plates (2.5/5/10) and mini bars, but all the Olympic stuff start at 150.
Jeez that's a great deal, the weights alone is worth $1.5-$2/lb depending on what type they are and who you ask. Probably could've gotten twice his asking, if not more, for the whole set.
Dec 1, 2009
759 posts
247 upvotes
Saint-Jean-Sur-Riche…
Was about to buy it but the safety catch and bar catch is a big turn off for me. It would be ok for bench press for a little while but for backsquats, I want the safety's to be able to handle more than 300 pounds.

Here are the specs on Marcy's website:

Maximum user weight to use Chin-up and Dip Handle: 300lb
Maximum weight on Sliding Weight Post: 220lb
Maximum weight on Weight Plate Rack: 410lb
Maximum weight on each Dumbbell-Kettlebell Tray: 265lb
Maximum weight on Safety Catch and Bar Catch: 300lb
Assembled Dimension: 56”L x 61”W x 85”H
Jul 29, 2016
218 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
Could someone please suggest where to buy Olympic plate for the smith machine? In GTA. Thanks.
Jul 29, 2016
218 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
Could someone please suggest where to buy Olympic plate for the smith machine? In GTA. Thanks.
Nov 7, 2018
976 posts
695 upvotes
28 let hurry. Going out of stock soonm.. Have mercy!
Nov 18, 2012
956 posts
551 upvotes
This is through UPS so unless your driver is a newbie, you'll probably not get it for a while. It's twice over the weight limit.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
1626 posts
660 upvotes
Also in for Best place to get 45s at the moment? Preferably shipped Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Jul 3, 2019
191 posts
138 upvotes
Richmond Hill
rkt1337 wrote: This is through UPS so unless your driver is a newbie, you'll probably not get it for a while. It's twice over the weight limit.
USPS delivered mine 4 days after ordering it.
Feb 13, 2012
46 posts
21 upvotes
BRAMPTON
I RFD wrote: Also in for Best place to get 45s at the moment? Preferably shipped Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
CAP iron plates have been popping up on Walmart and Amazon sporadically but they sell out quick. I picked up 45 and 55lbs bumbers this past wkd from Rogue but paid a premium for shipping.
Nov 7, 2018
976 posts
695 upvotes
Is it possible to return this to Costco after 4 months without a box?
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2682 posts
3624 upvotes
BC
Mrrfdxyz wrote: Is it possible to return this to Costco after 4 months without a box?
Probably possible but that sounds like a pain in the ass. Rather list it on local classifieds and take a slight loss but have them pick up

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)