Hot Deals

[Costco] Marcy Cage Home Gym System $599.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2020 12:58 pm
Jul 3, 2019
191 posts
137 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Mrrfdxyz wrote: Haha you only live once . Do something shameful.
But honestly it shouldn't be that bad since the cage isn't that big when taken apart.
Nov 7, 2018
964 posts
693 upvotes
Infiverse wrote: But honestly it shouldn't be that bad since the cage isn't that big when taken apart.
Yeah its just long. Just gonna tie them
Nov 1, 2017
831 posts
324 upvotes
This is why I always keep the box.

But honestly, no weight and no bars. I'm probably not building this for a while.
Sep 12, 2006
240 posts
177 upvotes
London
So I ended up getting the Smith combo machine and it arrived in 3 heavy boxes.
For the people who have received and assembled their rigs, did you place it right on the flooring or on mats.
I have these coloured foam mats, would they work?
Images
  • PXL_20200925_141245688.jpg
  • PXL_20200925_141304325.jpg
Jul 3, 2019
191 posts
137 upvotes
Richmond Hill
montyhall wrote: So I ended up getting the Smith combo machine and it arrived in 3 heavy boxes.
For the people who have received and assembled their rigs, did you place it right on the flooring or on mats.
I have these coloured foam mats, would they work?
The foam mats would be better than nothing
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
3718 posts
680 upvotes
Newbury, ON
montyhall wrote: Do you know what's ideal?
something with quality virgin (to reduce the smell) rubber, foam deforms alot.
Apr 11, 2010
78 posts
39 upvotes
Montreal
vasthorizon wrote: You'll need a couple or so of these.
https://www.costco.ca/fitfloor-4-ft.-x- ... 85313.html
Exactly this! I put something similar down in my basement (also purchased from Costco but this one looks like it's from a different manufacturer) with laminate floors underneath, and after about 3 years of daily use with a cage and another multi-use machine on it, they've been great!

The foam mats, although decent, don't provide for a very steady surface.

They'll save your floor for sure!
Sep 12, 2006
240 posts
177 upvotes
London
Infiverse wrote: High density rubber. Preferably rubber horse stall mat, but personally i just used foam mats since I never drop weights on the ground and i hated how the rubber mats have a nauseating smell..
https://www.tscstores.com/4-X-6-X-34-RU ... 14214.aspx
https://systemequine.com/for-your-barn/ ... final-sale
How have the foams mats held up? I don't (intentionally) drop weights. I have so many foam mats when I padded the kids play room. I'm hoping to reuse them.
Jul 3, 2019
191 posts
137 upvotes
Richmond Hill
montyhall wrote: How have the foams mats held up? I don't (intentionally) drop weights. I have so many foam mats when I padded the kids play room. I'm hoping to reuse them.
I've only had it for a month, but it seems to be fine. Anything heavy >100 pounds on it will leave a permanent mark in the foam, same with objects with sharp corners.
I paid roughly $100 for 10x10 foot which seems well worth it.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2584 posts
3522 upvotes
BC
montyhall wrote: How have the foams mats held up? I don't (intentionally) drop weights. I have so many foam mats when I padded the kids play room. I'm hoping to reuse them.
I went from foam puzzle mats to stall mats, I like them a lot better. No rubber smell either after leaving them outside for a while.

It really comes down to what type of exercises you will be doing. Your floors look pretty nice so at the minimum use the kid mats.

The foam mats I had were a little slippery and didn't feel as secure, but way cheaper than getting stall mats.
Sep 12, 2006
240 posts
177 upvotes
London
Infiverse wrote: I've only had it for a month, but it seems to be fine. Anything heavy >100 pounds on it will leave a permanent mark in the foam, same with objects with sharp corners.
I paid roughly $100 for 10x10 foot which seems well worth it.
$100 for a 10'x10' is a pretty good deal. Where did you get it?

So out of the 1000 pieces in this beast turns out I had one that decaying on me.
It's a piece from the pec dec. Hoping I can keep building without it.
Anyone request for new parts?
What's the lead time on getting it?
Images
  • PXL_20200925_234644823.jpg
  • PXL_20200925_234654839.jpg
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2584 posts
3522 upvotes
BC
montyhall wrote: $100 for a 10'x10' is a pretty good deal. Where did you get it?

So out of the 1000 pieces in this beast turns out I had one that decaying on me.
It's a piece from the pec dec. Hoping I can keep building without it.
Anyone request for new parts?
What's the lead time on getting it?
Marcy has pretty low quality control on their products and their email support sucks. I ordered an olympic weight tree from them and one of the base pieces was missing holes where it shouldve been drilled. I couldn’t assemble it so its currently dead weight.

Emailed them a few weeks ago, apparently its shipped but still waiting for the piece. Their communication is very sloppy and unprofessional - spelling mistakes, no greetings/salutations, various fonts and text sizes. Seems like its just a person responding on their phone.

I’m still within amazon return period so I’m going to return if I dont get the piece next week.