Hot Deals

[Costco] Marcy Cage Home Gym System $599.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2020 12:58 pm
Jul 3, 2019
191 posts
137 upvotes
Richmond Hill
montyhall wrote: $100 for a 10'x10' is a pretty good deal. Where did you get it?

So out of the 1000 pieces in this beast turns out I had one that decaying on me.
It's a piece from the pec dec. Hoping I can keep building without it.
Anyone request for new parts?
What's the lead time on getting it?
My foam mats were from canadian tire. They were on sale, 4 pieces for $20.
Nov 8, 2015
370 posts
314 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
montyhall wrote: $100 for a 10'x10' is a pretty good deal. Where did you get it?

So out of the 1000 pieces in this beast turns out I had one that decaying on me.
It's a piece from the pec dec. Hoping I can keep building without it.
Anyone request for new parts?
What's the lead time on getting it?
I sent an email with a list of all the missing/ damaged pieces, address, and receipt to info@marcypro.com. got a stock reply that the pieces have been ordered and will ship soon. Initial ETA: 1 WEEK. shipping from the US though so UPS kept pushing the delivery date and it actually arrived 2 weeks later. After waiting 2 weeks, opened the box to find they didn't bother ordering some of the more important pieces. Now I have to wait 2 weeks again. Hopefully this time they get it right.
Mar 21, 2006
24 posts
8 upvotes
Any idea when the 599 cage is coming back in stock?
Dec 9, 2009
60 posts
12 upvotes
Anyone received their equipment yet of order made Sept 22 via Costco. On manufacturer page, it says back order. Also, did anyone already assemble it yet; how long it took or estimated time for someone fairly comfortable with assembling. As per product manual:
https://www.marcypro.com/content/Produc ... -06-10.PDF
Page 26 shows detailed assembled parts - it sure looks Very very long assembly road and quite overwhelming. I wanted to post picture here from page 26, but check it out from page 8-26. Now I am rethinking perhaps I should just cancel it or can anyone advise or confirm that most cage equipments will all need that detailed assembly? TIA.
Aug 5, 2020
26 posts
13 upvotes
habuyeths wrote: I sent an email with a list of all the missing/ damaged pieces, address, and receipt to info@marcypro.com. got a stock reply that the pieces have been ordered and will ship soon. Initial ETA: 1 WEEK. shipping from the US though so UPS kept pushing the delivery date and it actually arrived 2 weeks later. After waiting 2 weeks, opened the box to find they didn't bother ordering some of the more important pieces. Now I have to wait 2 weeks again. Hopefully this time they get it right.
They sent me a wrong box and it's been a 3 month ordeal trying to get them to send a replacement. I've been constantly trying to contact them, same with Costco. Like you said, canned responses on 99% of the emails. I've NEVER had a worse experience with online shopping. Normally I'd have just returned it to Costco and been done with it, but it's the exact model I wanted (and is now retired) and I'm doing renos right now so I wouldn't be able to set it up/use it right now anyways.
Aug 8, 2008
406 posts
94 upvotes
Mississauga
My opinion - don't go for the 4x6 gym mats or horse stall mats. Their strong odour comes from emanation of volatile organic compounds, and I'm not sure how harmful they are for human health.

Get these 20mm thick tiles and build the space you need. I got mine from Landmark Athletics ($13.50 per 20x20 in square). There's also similar ones for $9 each. Even though they are listed at 20mm, they are a bit more compressible and about 2mm thinner compared to the ones at Landmark Athletics.
https://www.landmarkathletics.com/lds-u ... -20mm.html
https://www.fitnessavenue.ca/product/TO ... rey-Spekle

Will make for a much more professional home gym in the long run.
Jan 13, 2017
27 posts
17 upvotes
Hey Mike,

I would consider myself pretty "handy" with DIY projects and very detail oriented...I spent about 4 evenings, 2hrs per evening, putting this together...it was really not that bad at all, instructions were good and a few things in the parts diagrams are partially assembled.

So i'd say the better part of a day to assemble it, if you did it all in one stretch.

PS that PG 26 you mention is not the parts diagram for the $599 cage discussed here...its for the $999 smith machine.
Dec 9, 2009
60 posts
12 upvotes
Ascophyllum wrote: Hey Mike,

I would consider myself pretty "handy" with DIY projects and very detail oriented...I spent about 4 evenings, 2hrs per evening, putting this together...it was really not that bad at all, instructions were good and a few things in the parts diagrams are partially assembled.

So i'd say the better part of a day to assemble it, if you did it all in one stretch.

PS that PG 26 you mention is not the parts diagram for the $599 cage discussed here...its for the $999 smith machine.
Thanks Ascophyllum; is there a link for manual for a cage? I wonder if I should buy complete gym rather than gathering cage bench weights as I am just beginner .
Jul 29, 2016
211 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto
mike_dera wrote: Thanks Ascophyllum; is there a link for manual for a cage? I wonder if I should buy complete gym rather than gathering cage bench weights as I am just beginner .
I am a beginner as well, or last time I went to gym was 30 years ago ... lol ... I bought the $999 set with everything I need. I am very satisfied with my purchase.
Sep 1, 2020
3 posts
7 upvotes
Check the attached image for what it looks like when assembled in a home.
Images
  • 8A0F7014-603C-45EB-9F73-81EEE27A5BDC.jpeg
  • 6A232EDC-5359-4E75-ADE5-4F8D9A074E8D.jpeg
Dec 9, 2009
60 posts
12 upvotes
Ascophyllum wrote: Here ya go https://www.marcypro.com/content/Produc ... sembly.pdf

I think this cage, a few plates, a set of adjustable dumbbells, and a decent bench is a pretty good starter setup.
Ok, thanks Ascophyllum. I bought what was the original deal of the thread at Costco ( as mentioned still back order) ; my order at Costco does ‘not’ even show the vendor’s product code but only Costco item code (Item #1254110 for $599 Marcy Cage Home Gym System ) however it does looks like yours as per your link
https://www.marcypro.com/marcy-cage-home-gym-mwm-7041.
I am now confused what exact model we bought :) since Costco does not have it in stock now and ´my orders’ at Costco account does not show vendor code but just the picture.
A1A7865D-A14B-4E8F-A650-4E66AE14BD46.png
Please enlighten. TIA.
Last edited by mike_dera on Oct 6th, 2020 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.