Hot Deals

[Costco] Marcy Cage Home Gym System $599.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2020 12:58 pm
Jul 3, 2019
191 posts
137 upvotes
Richmond Hill
mike_dera wrote: Ok, I bought what was the original deal of the thread at Costco ; my order at Costco does ‘not’ even show the vendor’s product code but only Costco item code (Item #1254110 for $599 Marcy Cage Home Gym System ) however it does looks like yours as per your link
https://www.marcypro.com/marcy-cage-home-gym-mwm-7041.
I am now confused what exact model we bought :) since Costco does not have it in stock now and ´my orders’ at Costco account does not show vendor code but just the picture.
A1A7865D-A14B-4E8F-A650-4E66AE14BD46.png
Please enlighten. TIA.

2nd point. Your link takes to product MWM7041 which on Marcypro shows $499; does that mean Costco was expensive as I paid $599 lol if indeed is the same product unless USD
What are you confused about? 499 usd = 661 cad
There's also a serial number on the unit itself and on the instruction manual you received.
Dec 9, 2009
60 posts
12 upvotes
mike_dera wrote: Ok, thanks Ascophyllum. I bought what was the original deal of the thread at Costco ( as mentioned still back order) ; my order at Costco does ‘not’ even show the vendor’s product code but only Costco item code (Item #1254110 for $599 Marcy Cage Home Gym System ) however it does looks like yours as per your link
https://www.marcypro.com/marcy-cage-home-gym-mwm-7041.
I am now confused what exact model we bought :) since Costco does not have it in stock now and ´my orders’ at Costco account does not show vendor code but just the picture.
A1A7865D-A14B-4E8F-A650-4E66AE14BD46.png
Please enlighten. TIA.

May I know any good dumbells or website to keep an eye on. Also if the cage I bought (not received) is the same you had assembled (sorry i can not confirm the model since costco order does not show the Marcypro model#. Thx
Oct 20, 2019
76 posts
21 upvotes
randombuyer wrote: My opinion - don't go for the 4x6 gym mats or horse stall mats. Their strong odour comes from emanation of volatile organic compounds, and I'm not sure how harmful they are for human health.

Get these 20mm thick tiles and build the space you need. I got mine from Landmark Athletics ($13.50 per 20x20 in square). There's also similar ones for $9 each. Even though they are listed at 20mm, they are a bit more compressible and about 2mm thinner compared to the ones at Landmark Athletics.
https://www.landmarkathletics.com/lds-u ... -20mm.html
https://www.fitnessavenue.ca/product/TO ... rey-Spekle

Will make for a much more professional home gym in the long run.
if i air them out first is there still an issue?
the stall mats will save me over $200
Aug 8, 2008
406 posts
94 upvotes
Mississauga
jattmufc wrote: if i air them out first is there still an issue?
Yes, getting the tiles will cost you quite a bit. I spent $400 for my setup. I don't think you can ever air out the stall mats, it's just in the nature of the recycled rubber. Depends on whether you value the savings vs the odor/potential harm to health.
Mar 16, 2008
189 posts
8 upvotes
Mississauga
mike_dera wrote: Anyone received their equipment yet of order made Sept 22 via Costco. On manufacturer page, it says back order. Also, did anyone already assemble it yet; how long it took or estimated time for someone fairly comfortable with assembling. As per product manual:
https://www.marcypro.com/content/Produc ... -06-10.PDF
Page 26 shows detailed assembled parts - it sure looks Very very long assembly road and quite overwhelming. I wanted to post picture here from page 26, but check it out from page 8-26. Now I am rethinking perhaps I should just cancel it or can anyone advise or confirm that most cage equipments will all need that detailed assembly? TIA.
Finally got around to setting mine up. Boxes arrived in rough shape so I was concerned. However, nothing was missing or damaged. Took about 3.5 hours to set up with two people. I used two 3/4 inch rubber mats which are 4x6 feet on my garage floor to set the rack up on. Haven't had issues with smell. Got them from rymar rubber when they had a sale. I didn't like the scratches that would come up on the barbell since the hooks on the rack are metal. I purchased rubber barbell grips and put them where the bar would contact the hooks so there's some protection there. So far, very happy with the rack.
Aug 28, 2007
647 posts
318 upvotes
Thorold
Mine aired out in a week, smell wasn't that bad IMO. If you go to TSC you can see if they have any second grade mats, might have a crack in them or something but are usually half price (if they still offer those).
Sep 30, 2003
349 posts
104 upvotes
I washed mine with dish detergent and a large broom. I then let them cook outside in the summer sun for a few days, making sure each day I flipped the sides. I can't smell anything from my mats as they lay around in my garage and I work out. I think the heat really helped cook out a lot of the gasses and smells, not sure how effective it'll be now that it's October.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
1781 posts
442 upvotes
With looming gym closures and more restrictions I expect these to be in high demand shortly.
Sep 16, 2019
711 posts
796 upvotes
They close the gyms again and ill be building a gym in my studio... Then it would be a living room, bedroom, office and gym all in 1! Talk about efficiency...
Dec 9, 2009
60 posts
12 upvotes
Mine 2/2 box arrived Oct 16 after 4 weeks. Assembly was ok; just dont tighten everything until the instruction book (was in 2/2 box) says; looks good. Now, need some weights and bar - for semi beginner, any advice where I should be checking out (costco, walmart, +.. ?).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

mikeefresh