Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Marcy Combo Smith Cage Machine (pulley attachment) with Workout Bench and Weight Bar $999.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2021 7:09 pm
[OP]
Oct 25, 2005
241 posts
25 upvotes
Vancouver

[Costco] Marcy Combo Smith Cage Machine (pulley attachment) with Workout Bench and Weight Bar $999.99

This is currently available with only 10 units. Pretty good deal but may not be as heavy duty as some other cages. Also includes pully attachment which is a huge plus (and difficult to get at the moment) and a weight bar.
21 replies
[OP]
Oct 25, 2005
241 posts
25 upvotes
Vancouver
3 gone in 10 minutes. 7 left. I've been shopping around for awhile for a cage and the fact that there is the pulley attachment makes it a pretty good deal! Unless you can find the Fitness Reality w/ pulley attachment, then that might be a bit higher quality as it also has the overhead lat attachment.
[OP]
Oct 25, 2005
241 posts
25 upvotes
Vancouver
Dear lord... already OOS. Sorry folks. Hopefully they get more in soon.
Feb 20, 2006
311 posts
196 upvotes
sobe wrote: Dear lord... already OOS. Sorry folks. Hopefully they get more in soon.
There will be lots of exercise equipment post on FB market and Kijiji once pandemic is over.
Jan 27, 2011
435 posts
199 upvotes
hchai wrote: There will be lots of exercise equipment post on FB market and Kijiji once pandemic is over.
whenever that will be...

I won't be returning to the gym ever again. I have enough equipment now that I don't need to. Long-term investment.
Apr 17, 2015
510 posts
324 upvotes
Toronto, ON
OOS. Product not found.
Jun 27, 2020
57 posts
53 upvotes
Kingston
sobe wrote: 3 gone in 10 minutes. 7 left. I've been shopping around for awhile for a cage and the fact that there is the pulley attachment makes it a pretty good deal! Unless you can find the Fitness Reality w/ pulley attachment, then that might be a bit higher quality as it also has the overhead lat attachment.
Yes they go really quick when there's anything like that for less than 1k$. Wish I had some room. I miss the gym.

Quick question for you... how do you know there was 7 left ? I never seen how many items were left on their website, but that could be something good to know. Thanks
[OP]
Oct 25, 2005
241 posts
25 upvotes
Vancouver
patapouf wrote: Yes they go really quick when there's anything like that for less than 1k$. Wish I had some room. I miss the gym.

Quick question for you... how do you know there was 7 left ? I never seen how many items were left on their website, but that could be something good to know. Thanks
No worries. Just enter in a really high number like 200 and it will show you how much stock is available. Hope that helps!
Jun 27, 2020
57 posts
53 upvotes
Kingston
sobe wrote: No worries. Just enter in a really high number like 200 and it will show you how much stock is available. Hope that helps!
Thanks !! It does help!! More pressure for me to buy stuff faster :D
Dec 19, 2002
734 posts
109 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
PerformingAzura wrote: Not a fan of Smith machines.
Worse than that they're probably the most dangerous piece of exercise equipment you'll find. It's killed many people.
Apr 17, 2015
510 posts
324 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Also, as a side note, the hex bar costco sells is usable. And quick to arrive.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
1909 posts
2388 upvotes
GTA
WildPegasus wrote: Worse than that they're probably the most dangerous piece of exercise equipment you'll find. It's killed many people.
killed? Got a reference as now I’m curious as I never heard this before.
Have heard a lot of warnings that it can result in bad form, imbalances and potential injuries, due to its fixed path.

edit: found some references; seems to be if it or you slip, the weight will come right down on top of you as it cannot roll away off you
Sep 7, 2002
988 posts
468 upvotes
k9fire wrote: Good for working on calves, and as a leg press.
Agree. They're great for calf work if there's no dedicated machine. At home, I just use a barbell just above knees, then switch to standing barbell in the rack. Neither give me the feel of a dedicated machine, but can't be choosey in these times.
[OP]
Oct 25, 2005
241 posts
25 upvotes
Vancouver
karlb wrote: OP's version back in stock. 12 remaining. $999.99
https://www.costco.ca/marcy-combo-smith ... 84899.html

"Pro" version still in stock. 19 remaining. $1,599.99
https://www.costco.ca/marcy-pro-smith-c ... 18371.html
Beat me to it.

Here's a handy chart of the differences between the $999.99 and $1599.99 version. The $999.99 version also includes pulley attachments and a butterfly arm press which is a nice addition.

https://blog.marcypro.com/2019/10/15/wh ... different/
[OP]
Oct 25, 2005
241 posts
25 upvotes
Vancouver
Already OOS again. Confused Face I'm guessing they may replenish stock again since they have not removed the item from the site yet. I'll keep my eyes peeled.