Hot Deals

[Costco] Marcy Home Gym with 150LB Weights $399

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 9th, 2021 3:07 pm
Feb 27, 2004
251 posts
197 upvotes
MarshmelloCat wrote: looks great, but just wanna know how long will it last?
i have a similar one before, buts only last 1 year and half
What do you mean it only “lasts” 1.5 yr? What happened to it? Did the metal break?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
1862 posts
2321 upvotes
GTA
Gtabuddy wrote: What do you mean it only “lasts” 1.5 yr? What happened to it? Did the metal break?
I suspect the pulleys on these will be the first to break/wear out. With some searching, you should be able to find replacement pulleys that will work, ideally metal with bushings that can be greased and replaced when worn.
Cables would likely be next to wear. Again, can be replaced.
Anything padded is also likely to break over time. Duct tape is the ghetto fix. Recovering them is the real fix, and should be an easy job for any upholstery shop.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2011
2067 posts
216 upvotes
Ottawa
Jordanferras wrote: 1 person minding their own business & getting ahead in life, while the others tend to blame and point fingers (probably moving backwards in other areas in life due to this mentality) & aren't minding their own business. That's the main difference I see. I'd rather be the first guy

bowflex uses rods while this actually uses weights. I own this and it's a better deal than the bowflex available at Costco IMHO.
150lb more than enough for me and I squat 3 plates, DL 4 plates on free weights on my top sets. I bought this to complement my power rack mainly for the cable system. Lat pulls, seated rows, bicep/tricep curls, leg curls (front and reverse), chest flies, chest press mainly what I use it for. The exercises are kind of limited but pretty good for $400
I totally agree. On Facebook I see some of these posts of people listing very high prices for Dumbbells, etc that were bought on Costco. Those people shitting on the seller forget that its a listing price and not actual price that they may sell for. If someone buys it in Costco for $500 and lists it for $800 and they don't get a buyer they eventually reduce price etc. The one shitting on the seller is usually the one who can't wait in line 1 hour ahead of time, put in the effort to lift the boxes and then haul the big items away and then they expect the seller to sell at same price as store. People always have options

1) Buy from re-seller for higher price
2) Wait for Costco to restock item and make sure you are waiting in line before Open
3) Buy from another store (for a higher price) than Costco and most likely a higher price than reseller
4) Forget about the item
Jul 24, 2013
3 posts
They were at the Medicine Hat Costco 2 weeks ago but I bought the echelon bike then. Now looking for this to add to the home gym and the Medicine Hat costco was sold out today. Has anyone seen them in recent days in Calgary or Lethbridge?
Jan 5, 2021
3 posts
1 upvote
Back in stock at brampton biscayne location last checked at 0900 am, 10 left. Good luck!
Feb 7, 2014
26 posts
10 upvotes
karlb wrote: I suspect the pulleys on these will be the first to break/wear out. With some searching, you should be able to find replacement pulleys that will work, ideally metal with bushings that can be greased and replaced when worn.
Cables would likely be next to wear. Again, can be replaced.
Anything padded is also likely to break over time. Duct tape is the ghetto fix. Recovering them is the real fix, and should be an easy job for any upholstery shop.
Pure speculation/ hot take.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
1844 posts
1379 upvotes
Anyone grab me one next time they see it and I’ll pay $50 bounty.
Jun 28, 2013
207 posts
261 upvotes
Damn i cant believe i didnt buy it when i had the chance. Anyone see at billy bishop? Thx
Dec 17, 2014
4 posts
1 upvote
Chatham, ON
There is a few in stock in Windsor. Anyone grab an extra for me. I’ll give 100 fee. Please pm. I can’t fit it in car.
Jul 24, 2013
3 posts
bigfoot08 wrote: Keep your receipts. This item usually goes down to $199. Had mine price adjusted In Heartland after 3 months (had to go back regularly to check). Pls note that the warehouse has to have a stock in the floor before you ask price adjustment.
Does costco do price adjustments that long after the fact? I thought the policy was 30 days. I just bought this gym for $389 yesterday and the echelon bike for $1339 a few weeks back. I figured I'd watch for price drops for 30 days, not months.
Jan 28, 2013
37 posts
26 upvotes
Mississauga
btech805 wrote: Does costco do price adjustments that long after the fact? I thought the policy was 30 days. I just bought this gym for $389 yesterday and the echelon bike for $1339 a few weeks back. I figured I'd watch for price drops for 30 days, not months.
As long as you see that the item is available in the warehouse when the price drops, then yes you can ask for price adjustment
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1847 posts
1658 upvotes
fg12345 wrote: There is a few in stock in Windsor. Anyone grab an extra for me. I’ll give 100 fee. Please pm. I can’t fit it in car.
rent a truck?
Deal Addict
May 13, 2011
1234 posts
667 upvotes
Ajax
bigfoot08 wrote: As long as you see that the item is available in the warehouse when the price drops, then yes you can ask for price adjustment
That’s not 100% correct. Price adjustments can only be requested within 14 days of purchase (approx 4-6 days for consumable goods) if item is on the floor and in stock. Beyond the 14 days you have to repurchase the item and return it with your old receipt that confirms you purchased it at the higher price. Some employees may be lenient and not strictly enforce this policy; however this is Costco’s price adjustment policy. I used to work at Costco and have several friends that still work there that have confirmed this as correct.
Aug 13, 2017
29 posts
30 upvotes
FooNdaR wrote: Pickering
Do you know how many they had? Thinking about checking Pickering and Oshawa tmrw.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
1844 posts
1379 upvotes
Xoroxorox wrote: Do you know how many they had? Thinking about checking Pickering and Oshawa tmrw.
????