Marcy Pro Stack Home Gym (150lb) $479.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2021 9:18 pm
[OP]
Oct 28, 2019
94 posts
100 upvotes

[Costco] Marcy Pro Stack Home Gym (150lb) $479.99

Before anyone says this is not "hot", consider that this item, directly from the manufacturer, is USD 600. The cheapest Canadian price is $1,099 that I can find. And free shipping. This is an insane deal for this product.

This is the first time this has stocked since June, and it has no standard restock pattern.

https://www.costco.ca/marcy-68-kg-(150- ... 78813.html

Edit: Expect that this will be sold out by end of day. Last two drops only lasted about three hours each. I commonly see them being re-sold on kijiji for $800+
Last edited by TomRFD on Aug 30th, 2021 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: price was missing from the title
35 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2645 posts
1246 upvotes
GTA
Only 20 available

Buy now think later
Buy before hoarders make it ooos
‎3 Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the one that Steve Jobs built.
R.I.P Steve jobs...!!
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2551 posts
1020 upvotes
Richmond, ON
Is this unit any good?

Lots of bad reviews on this product.

16 available at the moment.
if you don't ask, the answer is always NO!
[OP]
Oct 28, 2019
94 posts
100 upvotes
cazzo1980 wrote: Is this unit any good?

Lots of bad reviews on this product.

16 available at the moment.
I'm showing 4.5 stars over 209 reviews on overstock canada.
5 stars over 145 on the Marcy website
4.2 over 300 on Amazon US
Jan 4, 2015
36 posts
12 upvotes
I bought one last time it was at this price 2 months ago. Still in the packaging in my garage in Mississauga. If someone wants it they can have it for $550. Will have to come pick it up yourselves and EMT me the money before taking possession (is that the safest way for me to receive payment?)
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2008
1408 posts
777 upvotes
DoubleCrossDown wrote: I bought one last time it was at this price 2 months ago. Still in the packaging in my garage in Mississauga. If someone wants it they can have it for $550. Will have to come pick it up yourselves and EMT me the money before taking possession (is that the safest way for me to receive payment?)
Charging more w/o shipping?
[OP]
Oct 28, 2019
94 posts
100 upvotes
ditachan wrote: Charging more w/o shipping?
Price incl. tax is $545. So not really "more". But the no free shipping thing is a bummer, cause this thing is nearly 270lbs in its box.
Sep 7, 2003
936 posts
408 upvotes
Thanks OP, ordered.

Just a heads up I believe local warehouses will be carrying this item in October/November at under $400.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2008
1408 posts
777 upvotes
SuburbanSpider wrote: Price incl. tax is $545. So not really "more". But the no free shipping thing is a bummer, cause this thing is nearly 270lbs in its box.
Yeah it's heavy and it'll take time and gas for the round trip + more work so I wasn't sure if I was missing something that makes it more than what Costco is offering.
[OP]
Oct 28, 2019
94 posts
100 upvotes
vistokid wrote: Thanks OP, ordered.

Just a heads up I believe local warehouses will be carrying this item in October/November at under $400.
I'd been checking pretty regularly for this. Last I saw was last December, and the price was $399. The issue is moving it - I believe the box is about 6-7 feet long, and weighs nearly 300lbs. You need a truck or a trailer to move this thing easily. and at least two people. I'll gladly pay $80 more to have someone deliver it to my door step!
ditachan wrote: Yeah it's heavy and it'll take time and gas for the round trip + more work so I wasn't sure if I was missing something that makes it more than what Costco is offering.
I think it's just because it's in short supply. An option for someone once these sell out in an hour or so.
Sep 7, 2003
936 posts
408 upvotes
SuburbanSpider wrote: I'd been checking pretty regularly for this. Last I saw was last December, and the price was $399. The issue is moving it - I believe the box is about 6-7 feet long, and weighs nearly 300lbs. You need a truck or a trailer to move this thing easily. and at least two people. I'll gladly pay $80 more to have someone deliver it to my door step!
Agreed. My only question would be if this is lasts years version or this years version? I'm not sure how to figure that out. Does .ca get items in stock before the warehouse or vice versa?

Also, I believe the new warehouse price is $380.
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
11258 posts
4632 upvotes
ditachan wrote: Yeah it's heavy and it'll take time and gas for the round trip + more work so I wasn't sure if I was missing something that makes it more than what Costco is offering.
Someone who is buying from you is saving you that plus they themselves are spending the time and gas to buy it of you rather than getting it delivered for free.
[OP]
Oct 28, 2019
94 posts
100 upvotes
vistokid wrote: Agreed. My only question would be if this is lasts years version or this years version? I'm not sure how to figure that out. Does .ca get items in stock before the warehouse or vice versa?

Also, I believe the new warehouse price is $380.
Good point. Well, I guess we shall see! If its the same as the online model, you can be sneaky, buy it, immediately return it as the online purchase...
Jul 3, 2019
312 posts
324 upvotes
Richmond Hill
SuburbanSpider wrote: I'd been checking pretty regularly for this. Last I saw was last December, and the price was $399. The issue is moving it - I believe the box is about 6-7 feet long, and weighs nearly 300lbs. You need a truck or a trailer to move this thing easily. and at least two people. I'll gladly pay $80 more to have someone deliver it to my door step!

I think it's just because it's in short supply. An option for someone once these sell out in an hour or so.
You can always buy in store and return it with your online reciept.
May 28, 2018
190 posts
53 upvotes
ON
Been looking on what to buy with $200 Costco voucher from buying Samsung TV. I think this is it. Looks like pretty good home gym equipment. Here is the end user review

Arrived today. Missing 1 box. Model MWM-1005
Images
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
Last edited by needmoremoola on Aug 31st, 2021 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Oct 28, 2019
94 posts
100 upvotes
Infiverse wrote: You can always buy in store and return it with your online reciept.
That's my plan if its the same model as online.
Jul 22, 2009
398 posts
296 upvotes
Toronto
I was going to buy some adjustable dumbbells to start working out at home and then saw this.

About the same price....and I do have a $200 voucher from the recent spend $1000 event.

Any suggestions?
Its nice to be important, but more important to be nice.
Aug 23, 2016
195 posts
358 upvotes
Thanks OP, bought one! I’ll resell this one for $600 when it’s oos online :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)