• Mar 6th, 2017 8:13 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
2076 posts
1143 upvotes
Kamloops, BC

[Costco] Marcy Stack Home Gym $249.97

Model number MWM1001 seems to be a costco exclusive model.
Images
  • ePYyypD.jpg
  • LqYOWoI.jpg
29 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2601 posts
2084 upvotes
Prince George
It was $199.97 here in Prince George a couple of days ago. The Total Gym was also on clearance for $149.97.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6392 posts
2032 upvotes
Damn, not bad, wish I had the room.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3205 posts
1692 upvotes
West Coast
I wanted to buy one this week (after finally making room for it) but they were gone. They had about a dozen of them left at the Langford location late last week but when I went in yesterday they said they shipped out the remaining units. Hell of a buy imo
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6392 posts
2032 upvotes
Richfields wrote: I wanted to buy one this week (after finally making room for it) but they were gone. They had about a dozen of them left at the Langford location late last week but when I went in yesterday they said they shipped out the remaining units. Hell of a buy imo
Just wait a year and get one off kijijij :D
Jun 23, 2016
341 posts
529 upvotes
Sudbury, ON
Add this to the list of RFD items that I'd cop immediately if I only had the space...once I purchase a house this site will be the death of my wallet!

Good find OP.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2006
1504 posts
695 upvotes
baz5 wrote: Just wait a year and get one off kijijij :D
The thing is many people buy this equipment and don't use it and later throw it out or resale it. There intention was good to get fit. Honestly, if you want to get fit just start with running and basic body weight exercise. If you can keep it up for a month or two than buy this kind of fancy equipment.
Mar 11, 2002
852 posts
261 upvotes
I bought this at $299, and went back to get my price adjustment to $199. This thing isn't too big, the build quality is decent enough for home use. However taking this apart later if I ever had to move or sell it would be a royal pain in the rear as the weight stack installation was on like step 3 of 30, so some 60% of the frame would have to come apart to take the weights out. The weight stack initially required some lubrication as it was sticking and due to the confusing instructions I wrecked the elastic holding the weight pin, I called the support number and had a new weight pin in hand (shipped from the US) inside of 10 days at no charge even though I broke the elastic due to assembly error.

I could see some of the foam roller bits wearing down over time as they don't seem as tough as those found at a commercial gym, and some of the fit/finish pieces were not 100% perfect but nothing that affects the use of the machine.
Feb 1, 2002
53 posts
5 upvotes
Scored the last one as a gift from the Still Creek, Burnaby location. SMOKIN' HOT $129.97 handwritten mark down from $199
Nov 26, 2007
201 posts
5 upvotes
Bought this over a month ago when it was $299. Too bad that I lost the receipt and it's over 30 days so I can't do price adjustment, but even $299 is still a good buy to me.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2006
1333 posts
387 upvotes
got this at 247$ last week put it together last weekend. Very satisfied for the price.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3413 posts
3791 upvotes
vieboi wrote: Bought this over a month ago when it was $299. Too bad that I lost the receipt and it's over 30 days so I can't do price adjustment, but even $299 is still a good buy to me.
With costco you dont need a receipt, they can pull it from you purchase history.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1729 posts
856 upvotes
Laval
PriceHunter wrote: With costco you dont need a receipt, they can pull it from you purchase history.
Very YMMV
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
9866 posts
3168 upvotes
PriceHunter wrote: With costco you dont need a receipt, they can pull it from you purchase history.
For price adjustment they have always needed a receipt. (in my experience at 3 different locations.)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5093 posts
1791 upvotes
Ottawa
[bought it a years ago for $100, but rarely use
May 11, 2007
989 posts
731 upvotes
Kitchener
how tall is it?Looking to get in the basement with just over 7 feet of ceiling height.
Jun 20, 2011
47 posts
42 upvotes
Victoria
If you are going to buy something like this, I could really see the value of buying one of these over something on Kijiji. Having to disassemble and reassemble something with out instructions. Was it correctly assembled in the first place? Is it complete and undamaged?

I will, however, put out an argument not to buy at all. Last year I started looking at things like this, as I was planning on adding some weights to my pathetic exercise regime. I have the room for one of these etc. Fate intervened with discounted membership to the local rec center, and I started down that road. I was still planning to buy something like this though. I am an office working middle aged guy, but within 6 months of semi-regular gym use I was pushing weights well beyond machines like this. These things only go to 150lbs, and though that sounds like a lot, it isn't. When you start you will be pushing very small weights, but if you keep at it your body adapts and you will find that you are incrementally adding weight.

It costs me about $350/ year for a rec center membership. For that price I get real equipment, and I don't have to deal with things like this in my rec room. You will either be selling it on kijiji as new, or you will be selling on kijiji as you have moved on.
May 9, 2010
398 posts
149 upvotes
Ottawa
For those in Ottawa area considering one of these, none of the Costco's in the region have any left. Gloucester had the demo model but it's broken so it was sold to their liquidator.