Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Margaritaville Bahamas Concoction Maker - $99.97

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 6th, 2019 7:53 pm
Feb 13, 2019
200 posts
60 upvotes
George1616 wrote: I got mine at Treasure Hunt a few months ago for $70.00. Still $100.00 is a great deal!
What city is that in
Dec 14, 2006
867 posts
376 upvotes
It's on 32nd Ave NE, east of Deerfoot about 2 or 3 blocks.
I've never bought anything there. Prices are higher than Costco clearance.
Other stuff is mostly junk. They had sriracha Slim Jims that were dated Nov 2018.
It's not for RFDers. :)
Oilers16 wrote: What place is that?
Jan 19, 2017
778 posts
863 upvotes
Kitchener
kronos288 wrote: until some guy with a budget rental truck showed up and bought the whole pallet from Burlington.
There's a few stores around that simply buy clearance items at costco and sell em for minor mark up (ie, Morrows of Drumbo)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
8010 posts
8193 upvotes
All I can think of is the South Park episode where the kids spent the whole episode trying to return a machine like this.
Sep 23, 2010
47 posts
47 upvotes
Montr
DoorCrasher wrote: Same here... I know a warehouse in Laval that sells Costco's clearance items, or open / damaged box items...
Where in Laval?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
7863 posts
8826 upvotes
sarahdavid wrote: Where in Laval?
Never been there and don't recall the name... I'll try to find infos

Edit: I found this one, in Vaudreuil... https://simcdl.com/. Look at the items posted there, you eill recognize some Costco items there
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1939 posts
2958 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
Careful, you buy this, it might have you on the hook for paying off the entire US federal debt...

EDIT: Damn it lol @repatch you beat me to it!
Nov 13, 2003
434 posts
36 upvotes
Hey guys,

I don't know if anyone can help me with this, I love making slushies and I have a Blendtec blender, would this Margaritaville machine be better at making slushies? Anyone have any experience comparing the 2? Thanks for the help in advance.

JL
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
11175 posts
4537 upvotes
Someone had 10 of these loaded on to a cart in Oshawa
Apr 1, 2016
79 posts
56 upvotes
@JL23 - While I can't speak from experience about the Blendtec blender technology, the Margaritaville machine usually gets praise due to the smooth silkiness of the shaved ice it spits out. Normal blenders use blades to crush/chop ice, but these machines use an ice shaver to get it all snowy-like, and then a blender cup to combine the shaved ice with the flavouring of choice. Regular blenders can leave hard chunks of ice in your drink which is not everyone's desire.

I used to work for a commercial frozen concoction supplier, and I always eyed up these Margaritaville machines because they use a similar technology. Hoping I find one locally!

Hope that helps.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
2339 posts
953 upvotes
I've had one for over a year now, same model as this one. I've been happy with it, it makes restaurant quality drinks. The mixes available here suck though, I've had to get good ones from the states.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2007
13614 posts
4067 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
None in Nanaimo on August 6.
Global warming will be exceeded during the 21st century unless deep reductions in carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gas emissions occur (United Nations IPCC Report 2021)

Every disaster film starts with scientists being ignored
Nov 13, 2003
434 posts
36 upvotes
onceuponaderek wrote: @JL23 - While I can't speak from experience about the Blendtec blender technology, the Margaritaville machine usually gets praise due to the smooth silkiness of the shaved ice it spits out. Normal blenders use blades to crush/chop ice, but these machines use an ice shaver to get it all snowy-like, and then a blender cup to combine the shaved ice with the flavouring of choice. Regular blenders can leave hard chunks of ice in your drink which is not everyone's desire.

I used to work for a commercial frozen concoction supplier, and I always eyed up these Margaritaville machines because they use a similar technology. Hoping I find one locally!

Hope that helps.
Thanks so much for the detailed description, I really appreciate it!

JL
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
28881 posts
14416 upvotes
smacd wrote: It's far better than any blender (including professional bar blenders) that I've used.
It kind of makes sense since it does the same thing to ice as a food mill does to mashed potatoes: Hits each piece of ice exactly once instead of just whizzing it around and hoping that all of it hits the blade.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)