Automotive

Costco Marine/Deep Cycle Batteries in GTA?

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 1st, 2020 12:45 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
2362 posts
1294 upvotes

Costco Marine/Deep Cycle Batteries in GTA?

Hi, normally wouldn't do this but can't handle waiting in various Costco lineups for an answer...
Anyone see the Deep cycle/Marine batteries in any GTA Costco? Any tips appreciated, thanks.
19 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15724 posts
13469 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Yeah you pick up the phone and call the store :P
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
2362 posts
1294 upvotes
EP32k2 wrote: Yeah you pick up the phone and call the store :P
I tried, I don't have skus for them and the person on the phone seemed pretty clueless which batteries were marine/DC.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 26, 2007
5294 posts
2858 upvotes
Toronto
razrsharp wrote: I tried, I don't have skus for them and the person on the phone seemed pretty clueless which batteries were marine/DC.
Tell the part desk like part source to look for blue top batteries. I haven't seen such in Costco in past decade. Last time I saw one was optima bluetop in 2000 at Costco.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
2362 posts
1294 upvotes
peteryorkuca wrote: Tell the part desk like part source to look for blue top batteries. I haven't seen such in Costco in past decade. Last time I saw one was optima bluetop in 2000 at Costco.
I know I've seen the normal acid/deep cycle Kirkland batteries last year, but not so far this spring..
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 26, 2007
5294 posts
2858 upvotes
Toronto
razrsharp wrote: I know I've seen the normal acid/deep cycle Kirkland batteries last year, but not so far this spring..
There were few black agm batteries at bottom row priced around $250 but weren't marine labelled.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
2362 posts
1294 upvotes
peteryorkuca wrote: There were few black agm batteries at bottom row priced around $250 but weren't marine labelled.
Are those suitable for a trolling motor?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 26, 2007
5294 posts
2858 upvotes
Toronto
razrsharp wrote: Are those suitable for a trolling motor?
As long as they are completely sealed. I am sure most agm are but for safetly, I would buy a generic blue marine battery.

Edit - I take that back, my MB agm battery has 2 air holes on left and right side, just like regular lead acid car batteries.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 7, 2016
1625 posts
730 upvotes
Ontario
Don't buy an Optima, they are garbage batteries now. Had far more issues with those then any others I've tried in my life, or seen anyone else use.
·Ï¢årµ§·
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2015
1157 posts
1388 upvotes
Barrie, ON
razrsharp wrote: Are those suitable for a trolling motor?
Anything will work with a trolling motor, lead acid, AGM etc. I get my group 31 AGMs from TotalBattery. Been running my Terrova on them for the past 2 seasons. No complaints.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
2362 posts
1294 upvotes
mxthor3 wrote: Anything will work with a trolling motor, lead acid, AGM etc. I get my group 31 AGMs from TotalBattery. Been running my Terrova on them for the past 2 seasons. No complaints.
Yes but don’t you seriously hamper the life of of a regular lead acid battery that isn’t built for the deep cycle drain? I thought that was the whole point of those things..
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2015
1157 posts
1388 upvotes
Barrie, ON
razrsharp wrote: Yes but don’t you seriously hamper the life of of a regular lead acid battery that isn’t built for the deep cycle drain? I thought that was the whole point of those things..
Absolutely, battery definitely needs to be a deep cycle, lead acid or AGM is really up to you.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Aug 18, 2013
128 posts
338 upvotes
Next door
207200 is the Costco sku for a deep cycle RV battery.

Got 9 seasons out of the last pair in my Airstream. If campgrounds reopen I'll pick up 2 new ones.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
2362 posts
1294 upvotes
notunknown wrote: 207200 is the Costco sku for a deep cycle RV battery.

Got 9 seasons out of the last pair in my Airstream. If campgrounds reopen I'll pick up 2 new ones.
Is that a 12v or 6? Thanks in advance.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Aug 18, 2013
128 posts
338 upvotes
Next door
12v . London North store had 5 or 6 last week on the rack.
Newbie
Dec 22, 2017
10 posts
1 upvote
notunknown wrote: 207200 is the Costco sku for a deep cycle RV battery.

Got 9 seasons out of the last pair in my Airstream. If campgrounds reopen I'll pick up 2 new ones.
Good to know! I have the same for my boat, but I cant figure out what tech is it - lead acid or AGM?!
I am re powering my old boat, and wanting to move fuel and batteries to the bow of the ship (front) - where it gets a lot of rocking and hits on choppy seas, I am not sure lead acid can handle that?
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2015
1157 posts
1388 upvotes
Barrie, ON
Carmageddon1984 wrote: Good to know! I have the same for my boat, but I cant figure out what tech is it - lead acid or AGM?!
I am re powering my old boat, and wanting to move fuel and batteries to the bow of the ship (front) - where it gets a lot of rocking and hits on choppy seas, I am not sure lead acid can handle that?
Removable caps Lead, no removable caps, AGM. Lead acid have been used in boats for basically ever. No issues.
Newbie
Dec 22, 2017
10 posts
1 upvote
mxthor3 wrote: Removable caps Lead, no removable caps, AGM. Lead acid have been used in boats for basically ever. No issues.
Picture of attached it seems I have caps I never tried to open them.
So you saying lead acid is also fine in the bow? It front be disturbed to much?
IMG_20200701_112521.jpg
Deal Addict
May 17, 2012
2539 posts
1378 upvotes
ontario
I moved my tm batteries up front to better balance the boat. No issues for many seasons now. Capped lead acid deep cycle

As a side note, good idea to pop off the caps and top off with distilled water if low
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2015
1157 posts
1388 upvotes
Barrie, ON
Carmageddon1984 wrote: Picture of attached it seems I have caps I never tried to open them.
So you saying lead acid is also fine in the bow? It front be disturbed to much?
IMG_20200701_112521.jpg
Lead acid or AGM, take your pick. Either will do the job just fine.
esoxhntr wrote: I moved my tm batteries up front to better balance the boat. No issues for many seasons now. Capped lead acid deep cycle

As a side note, good idea to pop off the caps and top off with distilled water if low
I've got 2 years on my group 31 AGMs hooked to my Terrova, no issues so far.

Top