Costco Mattress Recommendation?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2021 10:51 pm
[OP]
Aug 2, 2017
110 posts
17 upvotes

Costco Mattress Recommendation?

Looking for a new mattress, and would like to buy from Costco. The only problem is I can't find any info on the models I'm considering as they seem exclusive to Costco, and reviews are lacking.

I'm a side sleeper, apparently plush is most recommended for side sleepers. I'm also open to adding a topper, for added comfort and to save the mattress some wear. I also tend to chill in bed a lot, watching TV, reading, work etc... So durability is important, another reason the topper is appealing.

These are the three I'm considering but open to others as well;

https://www.costco.ca/sealy-posturepedi ... 28649.html

https://www.costco.ca/sealy-posturepedi ... 33732.html

https://www.costco.ca/sealy-posturepedi ... 08445.html

Edit: Apparently the ones I linked aren't great. Now I'm looking for a spring mattress with minimal foam or gel on top, and adding a quality topper that I can replace as needed.
Last edited by Madmax29 on Feb 14th, 2021 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
15 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6246 posts
1921 upvotes
If you get the endy, casper etc from Costco do they still have the same sleep trial as if you were to order from manufacturers? Ie dont like it after a month they come and get it?
[OP]
Aug 2, 2017
110 posts
17 upvotes
I'm looking for a double. The one you linked isn't available in a double size unfortunately.
baz5 wrote: If you get the endy, casper etc from Costco do they still have the same sleep trial as if you were to order from manufacturers? Ie dont like it after a month they come and get it?
Yes, Costco will take back any mattress you order from them. Based on my heavy usage I don't think memory foam is the best for myself.

I think the best route is a spring mattress with minimal foam or gel, and a quality topper for comfort. At least that is the conclusion I've come to after doing some research.
[OP]
Aug 2, 2017
110 posts
17 upvotes
westcoastyvr wrote: I find this mattress super comfortable. I mostly sleep on my side but wake up on my back.
This mattress comes rolled up in a rectangular box and you need to carefully open the vacuum packed bag, roll it out and let it sit 24 hours before sleeping on it.

https://www.costco.ca/springwall-comfor ... 98320.html
Interesting, it says it has pocket coils. I thought only full foam mattresses could be compressed.

How long have you had it for, any sagging? Also, is it soft, med, firm?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6246 posts
1921 upvotes
Madmax29 wrote: I'm looking for a double. The one you linked isn't available in a double size unfortunately.

Yes, Costco will take back any mattress you order from them. Based on my heavy usage I don't think memory foam is the best for myself.

I think the best route is a spring mattress with minimal foam or gel, and a quality topper for comfort. At least that is the conclusion I've come to after doing some research.
Not COstco take back, I meant manufacturer take back, ie come to your house, not lug it into Costco.
[OP]
Aug 2, 2017
110 posts
17 upvotes
baz5 wrote: Not COstco take back, I meant manufacturer take back, ie come to your house, not lug it into Costco.
If you order online Costco will come to your home and pick it up.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
1022 posts
400 upvotes
GTA
Madmax29 wrote: Interesting, it says it has pocket coils. I thought only full foam mattresses could be compressed.

How long have you had it for, any sagging? Also, is it soft, med, firm?
Yeah, I was impressed it had pocket coils - that's why I bought itI No sagging here. Also, I wold say it's a med-firm.

Oh, and you cannot re-compress it. Once it's rolled out and set-up it's the same as any other coil mattress.
[OP]
Aug 2, 2017
110 posts
17 upvotes
westcoastyvr wrote: Yeah, I was impressed it had pocket coils - that's why I bought itI No sagging here. Also, I wold say it's a med-firm.

Oh, and you cannot re-compress it. Once it's rolled out and set-up it's the same as any other coil mattress.
I might give it a try, thanks man. I noticed it doesn't have a box spring option on Costco, have you got it on a box spring? Have you had it for long to determine durability?
Sep 8, 2006
243 posts
44 upvotes
Probably not available in a double but the Kirkland Signature by Stearns & Foster is excellent. I’ve had mine for 4 years and it’s still feels like it did on day 1.
Feb 1, 2009
274 posts
311 upvotes
Toronto
Just got one too last month but I have to say, it feels too firm to me. That’s probably because I’m 160lbs. My back hurts sometimes after sleeping but I blame my back rather than the mattress. Too lazy to try a plush one.
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
11700 posts
8169 upvotes
GTA, ON
Asriel wrote: Just got one too last month but I have to say, it feels too firm to me. That’s probably because I’m 160lbs. My back hurts sometimes after sleeping but I blame my back rather than the mattress. Too lazy to try a plush one.
Which mattress brand and model are you referring to?
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Feb 1, 2009
274 posts
311 upvotes
Toronto
chimaican wrote: Which mattress brand and model are you referring to?
The Kirkland one from costco
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
11700 posts
8169 upvotes
GTA, ON
Asriel wrote: The Kirkland one from costco
ok... I'm looking at that one. So we have one upvote and one downvote. Thinking Face
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Aug 19, 2019
41 posts
60 upvotes
We got the kirkland lake ridge in November 2020 and have never had better sleeps. The only issue is that my wife complained it was too firm for the first 2 weeks or so. Nothing but praise after she broke it in though.