Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Medsup K95 masks restocked ($7.99/20mask)

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2022 9:54 pm
Tags:
Sr. Member
Aug 9, 2007
666 posts
749 upvotes
Arashie wrote: Really wish I saw this sooner to head to the Burnaby Costco to grab a few. But very certain they'll be sold out by the time I get there in the morning.

Frustrating they restocked them on a Sunday.
Nothing at the Willingdon location this morning.
Member
Oct 25, 2017
247 posts
146 upvotes
I've been wearing these exclusively since the start of Covid. First batch had really uncomfortable ear straps but I was paying $20 for a box. Peak of the 2nd wave I think I paid up to $30 for one at Costco. $7.99 seems to be the normal price now, as I've seen that price for several months now. Thankfully, much softer straps now.

I did manage to find some black (Dermathermes brand) KN95s at the Costco business centre, for the same price. Much rather those than the Medsup but they're impossible to find.
Newbie
Jul 19, 2019
48 posts
28 upvotes
None in Mississauga Winston Churchill and Dundas location.
Sr. Member
Nov 6, 2013
514 posts
368 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I picked up a few of these at Brossard Costco today. I wouldn't say there were tons there, but plenty around 2pm.
Member
Jan 29, 2005
267 posts
190 upvotes
Chestermere, AB
For those in the Calgary area, there's an order of 800 incoming for February is what I was told from the front desk.

This was the Easthills location
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
43725 posts
7428 upvotes
GammaRayFort wrote: do NOT buy these if you wear glasses.

Nose clip is not metal, but plastic with wire instead, doesn't hold shape for long.
Thanks. Wallet safe.
Blanka
Newbie
Mar 7, 2011
68 posts
114 upvotes
Cosmopolitan Surrey
There was still a lot at Surrey BC this morning around 10AM.
Sr. Member
Sep 21, 2019
625 posts
439 upvotes
These are very very small. Is there like an adult version?
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
1880 posts
4138 upvotes
Kagaho wrote: These are very very small. Is there like an adult version?
I have a big head and I feel like they have the perfect fit.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2003
1258 posts
541 upvotes
Toronto
cursayer wrote: I have a big head and I feel like they have the perfect fit.

Ummm... gonna have to see how it goes for us peeps who can say "All the better to smell you with!" Little Red Riding chick....
Everyone has cool signatures with the stuffs they own listed... I'm in!!!
Koodo $40 6GB plan + Public Mobile $15 for 100 mins and 250MB Data X2 for the parents
Some Apple stuffs
Some Android stuffs
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
1632 posts
239 upvotes
Loomy wrote:
The main difference between the two is that the Honeywell N95 has headstraps and nose foam for a tighter fit with less leakage. The Medsup KN95 has earloops which are more convenient for some people. You'll also find that the more money you spend on a mask, the easier it is to breathe through. Either mask is a massive upgrade over a cloth mask that doesn't filter well, or a surgical mask that doesn't fit well and lets air in the sides.
I had a couple of N95's that I was using for woodworking pre-covid. They are way more comfortable than these earloops things we've been using. They are for manufacturing and construction workers who might be working in hot humid weather and working hard. It's perplexing why these earloop masks are pretty much the only thing you can buy considering how uncomfortable they are. I'm sure a good portion of the population would put the mask on their neck and then fix up their hair and keep it on all day, knowing it's just far more comfortable than the earloop masks.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
2215 posts
1059 upvotes
None at Willingdon Costco on Friday and none today too. The first batch of these masks Costco carried a the start of the pandemic didn't fit me well either. But the more recent batches do. I still have my glasses fogging up with them up though. It's frustrating that the design or specs can change at any time without the consumer knowing.

I also found the more expensive NOSH rated N95 masks from 3M or Honeywell straps break very easily especially if you're not accustomed to the non earloop design.

Incidentally, first responders typically have a "kit" which includes a "smoke" test the fit because for the most part, most people aren't wearing properly fitted PPE. However, most recently, I've been seeing few first responders such as ambulance paramedics wear anything but a standard "blue" mask, whilst I see fire department paramedics actually wear a respirator.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
2215 posts
1059 upvotes
CameraBill wrote: I had a couple of N95's that I was using for woodworking pre-covid. They are way more comfortable than these earloops things we've been using. They are for manufacturing and construction workers who might be working in hot humid weather and working hard. It's perplexing why these earloop masks are pretty much the only thing you can buy considering how uncomfortable they are. I'm sure a good portion of the population would put the mask on their neck and then fix up their hair and keep it on all day, knowing it's just far more comfortable than the earloop masks.
Bear in mind, these masks have an expiry date.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
2215 posts
1059 upvotes
psyh wrote: These are great, bought them in store and cheap enough to double mask
Many people have breathing issues when trying to double mask these.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
1048 posts
326 upvotes
sheyenne wrote: None at Willingdon Costco on Friday and none today too. The first batch of these masks Costco carried a the start of the pandemic didn't fit me well either. But the more recent batches do. I still have my glasses fogging up with them up though. It's frustrating that the design or specs can change at any time without the consumer knowing.

I also found the more expensive NOSH rated N95 masks from 3M or Honeywell straps break very easily especially if you're not accustomed to the non earloop design.

Incidentally, first responders typically have a "kit" which includes a "smoke" test the fit because for the most part, most people aren't wearing properly fitted PPE. However, most recently, I've been seeing few first responders such as ambulance paramedics wear anything but a standard "blue" mask, whilst I see fire department paramedics actually wear a respirator.

I bought a box of Honeywell tonight and yup , as I tried one I broke the bottom strap.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)