Costco membership cancellation

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 13th, 2020 9:30 pm
Dec 6, 2013
965 posts
486 upvotes
lalaland

Costco membership cancellation

Hi I am sorry if this is the wrong place.

I drove pass Costco couple times last week but there was always a long line at the entrance. Is there anyway I can cancel the membership without going into the store? It doesn't look like they would do cancellation over the phone.
:cool:
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
8541 posts
2655 upvotes
Toronto
xfftwf wrote: Hi I am sorry if this is the wrong place.

I drove pass Costco couple times last week but there was always a long line at the entrance. Is there anyway I can cancel the membership without going into the store? It doesn't look like they would do cancellation over the phone.
Cancellation, you used the refund entrance.
Nov 29, 2019
281 posts
1109 upvotes
not sure about canceling over the phone.. but you don't need to line up outside for returns/ membership.. there maybe a small line up inside the warehouse but just the usual you see everyday.
When there is a huge line up outside to enter, go directly to the EXIT and maybe someone will try to stop you, just say you are here for the membership and they will guide you from there. Note that once your return/ membership business is done, you must go outside to stay in the line in order to shop again. Some people try take advantage of this by going into the store after they return stuff :(
Nov 26, 2015
389 posts
207 upvotes
I am curious. I used to have a membership and I didn't "cancel" it. I just didn't renew it which I used to just pay it on the checkout counter when it is expired. Is it renewed automatically now?
Deal Guru
Feb 4, 2015
10328 posts
6693 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Nooo... Disclosure: Own COST shares.

As @starsoda posted you can probably enter from exit if only going to membership desk and not shopping
2022/3: BOC raised 10 times and MCAP raised its prime next day.
2017,2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime next day each time.
2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited to drop its prime to include all 3 drops.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
2926 posts
1499 upvotes
ryan10075 wrote: I am curious. I used to have a membership and I didn't "cancel" it. I just didn't renew it which I used to just pay it on the checkout counter when it is expired. Is it renewed automatically now?
No it does not automatically renew. I renewed mine previously when paying at the cash since it had expired.
Dec 6, 2013
965 posts
486 upvotes
lalaland
starsoda wrote: not sure about canceling over the phone.. but you don't need to line up outside for returns/ membership.. there maybe a small line up inside the warehouse but just the usual you see everyday.
When there is a huge line up outside to enter, go directly to the EXIT and maybe someone will try to stop you, just say you are here for the membership and they will guide you from there. Note that once your return/ membership business is done, you must go outside to stay in the line in order to shop again. Some people try take advantage of this by going into the store after they return stuff :(
Oh that's good to know, thank you!
:cool:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)