Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Costco: Men's Merino Blend Base Layer Long-sleeve Top - $25

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 27th, 2012 12:10 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 18, 2011
384 posts
170 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Costco: Men's Merino Blend Base Layer Long-sleeve Top - $25

Was just in Costco (Scarborough) yesterday and picked up a Men's Merino Blend Base Layer Long-sleeve Top for $25.

Pretty nice price for what you get. Looks and functionality are good. I wore it today as my only top layer for a walk (12C) and it did the trick (even though it's pretty thin material).

They had bottoms as well. Don't remember the exact price but I believe comparable (20-30).
19 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
1056 posts
370 upvotes
Yeah I have seen these at my local Costco for a while now. Seems like a pretty decent price for a merino blend.
Deal Guru
Jul 15, 2008
10545 posts
4142 upvotes
Toronto
is this a good price?
Sep 3, 2010
300 posts
150 upvotes
chinesedevil wrote: is this a good price?
I bought a bunch of the Merino wool bottoms from Costco USA last year. I remember they were much cheaper than comparable alternatives.
Jun 9, 2006
965 posts
425 upvotes
it has a collar and zipper at the top
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2008
1263 posts
267 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
intelmic wrote: it has a collar and zipper at the top
If you don't like shirts tight around your neck, this isn't for you. I bought it, tried it on, and the collar/neck bothered me, so I returned it.

Good price for what it is, just not comfortable for me.
Sep 23, 2009
268 posts
24 upvotes
DarkCanuck wrote: If you don't like shirts tight around your neck, this isn't for you. I bought it, tried it on, and the collar/neck bothered me, so I returned it.

Good price for what it is, just not comfortable for me.
Similar experience. Bought it, found the neck and stitching on the inside of the sleeves made me itchy/uncomfortable. It's set aside to be returned next time I make a costco run.

To be clear, this is not a quality issue, just something I find uncomfortable.
Jan 27, 2007
922 posts
335 upvotes
Calgary
picked both up a few weeks ago and it's very nice, used them on a cool morning riding a motorcycle, under my jacket/pants - kept me very warm, very happy and the issues noted in other posts did not bother me personally. I don't mind tight fit around my neck so......
Deal Addict
May 19, 2004
1816 posts
430 upvotes
Edmonton
I didn't see these at my local costco
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Is it the same Paradox brand that used to make the all syn/polyester base layer (made of recycled plastic bottles)?
If so, this "blend" only contains 25% wool last time I checked...far from real merino garments

Better off getting the women merino tops with much higher wool content, get a cut that's not too feminine and a size or two larger, more on the lightweight side vs midweight but I'll take wool over polyester anyday
Nov 27, 2004
279 posts
100 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I went and got one yesterday (thanks OP) and it's actually only 11% merino wool, 5% spandex and 84% polyester, so not exactly a great deal for $25. My wife just got a 100% merino wool short sleeve shirt for $55 from a specialty outdoor store, which seems like a good deal now (with 10X more merino wool) but at the time I was thinking $55 for a t-shirt is too much. Also noticed the base layer pants for $20, but didn't check the wool content. Thanks for the tip on the women's having more wool content, I'll check it out when I return mine later today anyways since I found the Medium size a bit too big for me (no size guide on the packaging).
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4481 posts
901 upvotes
Edmonton
And high % of wool is key IMHO. Have a number of types of shirts and the wool really works well even damp. Synthetic I really don't feel good about wet.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
May 3, 2011
144 posts
29 upvotes
Hamilton
We bought top and bottom for camping. These are a good deal and are of excellent quality. Very comfy around neck. If its too tight around the neck, unzip it! Wore it every night for a week in the desert and it still smelled pretty fresh after.

I may buy another top.
May 3, 2011
144 posts
29 upvotes
Hamilton
mr_joe wrote: I went and got one yesterday (thanks OP) and it's actually only 11% merino wool, 5% spandex and 84% polyester, so not exactly a great deal for $25. My wife just got a 100% merino wool short sleeve shirt for $55 from a specialty outdoor store, which seems like a good deal now (with 10X more merino wool) but at the time I was thinking $55 for a t-shirt is too much. Also noticed the base layer pants for $20, but didn't check the wool content. Thanks for the tip on the women's having more wool content, I'll check it out when I return mine later today anyways since I found the Medium size a bit too big for me (no size guide on the packaging).

Do you have a link for the 100% wool shirts for $55?
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
http://www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/MensCloth ... w-mens.jsp
$49 at MEC

Costco have/had long sleeved women crew 100% merino wool for $15-20
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/costco-m ... -a-938276/

Wool is anti-bacterial so it's resistant to odor, when I can camping/hiking, it doesn't smell even after wearing it for 2 days+ (sometimes I'll wash up but rewear it)
Jan 4, 2009
162 posts
5 upvotes
Costco also has the bottoms. Does anyone know if this would be good under dress pants in the winter?
Nov 27, 2004
279 posts
100 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Probably, I just have regular waffle knit thermal underwear for winter.

When I went to return my too large shirt, I checked the womens section but they only had the same Paradox 11% merino wool so I guess I'll have to wait and keep my eye out for those 100% ones.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)