• Last Updated:
  • Oct 27th, 2021 5:09 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2002
1108 posts
173 upvotes

[Costco] Men's Paradox down jacket - $39.99 with free shipping

Costco.ca has the men's Paradox down jackets on sale for $39.99 with free shipping. Saw the jackets for this price in the warehouse a few weeks ago, but this is with free shipping, and has some additional colours (green, blue) they didn't have in store. Reviews are good, and winter is almost here!
57 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2017
1311 posts
1311 upvotes
BUY MORE AND SAVE ON CLOTHING AND FOOTWEAR
Purchase multiple participating clothing and footwear items on the same order and receive additional savings.
Buy 4 - 5 items, save 20%
Buy 6 items or more, save 30%
Online only at Costco.ca. Valid for orders placed 10/25/21 to 10/31/21. While quantities last

auto stack
Last edited by Omakase on Oct 25th, 2021 11:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jan 21, 2008
249 posts
297 upvotes
great price though I wanted one with a hood because Toronto weather
Jun 18, 2016
686 posts
2016 upvotes
I don’t see any RDS certificates. You should only buy RDS (responsible down standards)
Nov 5, 2018
24 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
Amazing jacket. Very light weight but very warm.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2002
1037 posts
380 upvotes
I got this one...
https://www.costco.ca/toboggan-men's-ja ... 75859.html

Haven't had much opportunity to wear it yet but a few comments:
- It fits large... so if you prefer a more tapered fit, size one size down. I normally wear large but it's really loose - wondering if I should get a medium instead.
- It seems warm.. hasn't really been cold in GTA but I was sweating in sub 10 degree weather with a light sweater under (could have been because of my covid fat though Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes).
- It uses 3M Thinsulate featherless insulation so no worries on responsible down standards (RDS).
- Retail price direct from Toboggan is $150 so it's more than half the price on Costco ($60). https://toboggancanada.com/collections/ ... leo-jacket
Last edited by Bincent on Oct 25th, 2021 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jul 11, 2007
504 posts
120 upvotes
GTA
thanks OP, order 1 down version.
the Primaloft one has a few review indicate the insulation are comming through the shall after few month of use. it also have no medium size. thanks OP, i order the down version and will use it as add insulation to my usual outer jacket. I found some of my insulated jacket are easy to wear out, and its a waste of good insulation when i had to toss them out. so now i buy med/light insulated jacket and add layer when it's colder outside than the jacket rating, this way I dont waste good insulation on the thick heavy insulated jacket.
Nov 21, 2018
385 posts
551 upvotes
Mission, BC
This squishes down really small, great for just shoving in your pack while hiking. Minimal feather loss. Has held up really well for the past year, since I bought during last year's sale posted on RFD Face With Tears Of Joy
Oct 3, 2006
156 posts
572 upvotes
Oakville
I got mine a few years back, lightweight and packable. I recommend light grey colour, stains never show:P

Great to wear when shovelling snow, light and offer great mobility. You will get warm after a few mins of exercise. I feel stupid wearing the giant and heavy goose parka, makes me sweating before even lifting the shovel.
Sep 29, 2020
40 posts
95 upvotes
Edmonton
Anyone know the Down to Feather ratio in this jacket? Typically found on the inside tag. I know, I see that it's only $40; however, I'm just curious! And Yes, Buy Responsible Down if at all possible!
Apr 7, 2020
497 posts
1435 upvotes
You could spot that blue jacket a mile away
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21684 posts
26224 upvotes
The Paradox is that these look decent but fall apart and tear pretty easily. The exterior of this jacket is toilet paper.

I guess that's not so much a Paradox as it is questionable quality.

Food for thought, gents.
May 27, 2008
494 posts
421 upvotes
Omakase wrote: BUY MORE AND SAVE ON CLOTHING AND FOOTWEAR
Purchase multiple participating clothing and footwear items on the same order and receive additional savings.
Buy 3 - 5 items, save 20%
Buy 6 items or more, save 30%
Online only at Costco.ca. Valid for orders placed 10/25/21 to 10/31/21. While quantities last

auto stack
For the 20% it's 4-5 items not 3-5...