• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2021 1:59 pm
[OP]
Sep 30, 2010
75 posts
285 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Costco] Michelin Cargo Mat (Universal Trim to Fit) - $19.99

Picked one up today at Costco Etobicoke, seemed solid and a good price for it.

Regular Price $29.99, $10.00 off until February 21st

**EDIT
According to the box, it's 53" x 36" for anyone who wants to know

Here's a video of an installation on a SUV.
Images
  • cargo mat.jpg
Last edited by aznflava on Feb 18th, 2021 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
68 replies
Aug 21, 2019
701 posts
525 upvotes
Markham
Do they do price adjustment? If so do we need the original receipt?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3968 posts
2448 upvotes
Does it have that imported rubber smell?
Sep 30, 2007
26 posts
23 upvotes
Markham
My understanding is Costco will do price adjustments within a 30 day window. I think you do need to have the original receipt for the adjustment.
May 10, 2020
127 posts
148 upvotes
jkdc wrote: My understanding is Costco will do price adjustments within a 30 day window. I think you do need to have the original receipt for the adjustment.
Plus whichever costco you go to they need to have that item in stock
May 10, 2020
127 posts
148 upvotes
SizzleChest wrote: Does it have that imported rubber smell?
For 20$ you want it to come with car freshner as well ?
Apr 1, 2009
149 posts
64 upvotes
Stallion86 wrote: Do they do price adjustment? If so do we need the original receipt?
You do not need a receipt. They can find the information with your card. Just try to have an approximate date or they will have to look for it and it has to be within 30 days.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3968 posts
2448 upvotes
noobsrus wrote: For 20$ you want it to come with car freshner as well ?
No. I simply want one that doesn't smell and for any associated wise-cracks to be free of basic spelling mistakes.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2008
1285 posts
537 upvotes
SizzleChest wrote: No. I simply want one that doesn't smell and for any associated wise-cracks to be free of basic spelling mistakes.
I'll take a deep sniff for you if I see it in-store. I'm also interested in getting a pair for my car.
Feb 3, 2019
279 posts
273 upvotes
hmm would 1 pack be enough to use as front mats for both sides?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3968 posts
2448 upvotes
ditachan wrote: I'll take a deep sniff for you if I see it in-store. I'm also interested in getting a pair for my car.
Thank you for the nose news, but a pair? It's for your trunk, not your floor mats. I suppose you could attempt to cut them into floor mats, but one would probably be enough.

I bought a pair of Michelin floor mats years ago from C Tire that had very strong smell. A few weeks later, I found the near identical pair at Costco that had no smell whatsoever so I returned the ones to CT. The ones from Costco were made in the USA. The ones from CT were made in China.
Last edited by SizzleChest on Feb 18th, 2021 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2136 posts
371 upvotes
Canada
This is an Excellent price for a cargo mat! Having the logo of your car's manufacturer on the mat easily adds an extra $100 so get one of these!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
7221 posts
3465 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
jkdc wrote: My understanding is Costco will do price adjustments within a 30 day window. I think you do need to have the original receipt for the adjustment.
noobsrus wrote: Plus whichever costco you go to they need to have that item in stock
Receipt or not depends on the cashier. YMMV. Also in stock or not is the same. I had price adjusted a blanked without receipt and not being in stock. But YMMV.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Sep 25, 2018
655 posts
1199 upvotes
moulamou wrote: If you want mats for the front and back, get this. $30 shipped to your house. Most likely made of the exact same material.

https://www.costco.ca/michelin-universa ... 91641.html
Don't get those... Their quality has gone way down. I have a pair from a couple years ago and they are okay - material is moderately thick and sturdy. The new ones in store are so thin and flimsy, I feel I could tear it apart with my hands.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
2268 posts
962 upvotes
Edmonton
SizzleChest wrote: No. I simply want one that doesn't smell and for any associated wise-cracks to be free of basic spelling mistakes.
If it's constructed from rubber, not 100% plastic, you will have an odour. The rubber one will have a longer service life and be easier to work with, but that's the trade off.
Rubber, in my humble opinion, would be the better choice.

Spelling satisfactory?
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten....
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3968 posts
2448 upvotes
walleye*guy wrote: If it's constructed from rubber, not 100% plastic, you will have an odour. The rubber one will have a longer service life and be easier to work with, but that's the trade off.
Rubber, in my humble opinion, would be the better choice.

Spelling satisfactory?
Approved spelling, but if you read my comment in post #11, both items were made of rubber. One smelled and the other one didn't.
[OP]
Sep 30, 2010
75 posts
285 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SizzleChest wrote: Does it have that imported rubber smell?
Haven't installed it yet but it's in the cargo, so I don't really care if there is?
Apr 4, 2007
193 posts
127 upvotes
yvr
Has anyone seen this out west? I see the floor mats all the time - and they're on the regular sale cycle - but have never come across the trunk liner.