Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Michelin Stealth Hybrid Wiper Blades $6.99 in-store ($12.99 online)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2019 12:35 am
[OP]
Jul 25, 2018
784 posts
1235 upvotes
Milton, ON

[Costco] Michelin Stealth Hybrid Wiper Blades $6.99 in-store ($12.99 online)

Went to Costco today and noticed wiper blades were on sale. Sorry I don't have a picture, grabbed them from the Oakville location.
98 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
14305 posts
14977 upvotes
Oakville
Not a bad deal, but I don't find these to be that great. Good at this price though.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2009
4984 posts
2847 upvotes
M-Arkham
still stocked from last BF... or maybe buy new one and return my last year purchase
2x Zoomer $36 for 5GB , 800min Can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
Jul 15, 2012
129 posts
309 upvotes
Burnaby
Is this East, West or both?
Dec 15, 2006
846 posts
451 upvotes
Ottawa
If you had just put a set of these on and had 3 assorted pairs as backup, would you buy these? Asking for a friend.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
3538 posts
2322 upvotes
GTA
Repo600 wrote: Is this East, West or both?
East, West and rear available Grinning Face With Smiling EyesGrinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Jan 4, 2016
108 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Bought them 2 weeks ago, not on sale, sinxe i was already at costco. Not the best but for $7 i guess its okay.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2016
1297 posts
519 upvotes
BC
this or the rain-x from walmart? it is my first time changing my stock wipers...
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1056 posts
447 upvotes
Canada
virgonomic wrote: If you had just put a set of these on and had 3 assorted pairs as backup, would you buy these? Asking for a friend.
That's what I did last spring. They don't last longer than 2 winters for me, so cheap backups ready is nice.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1056 posts
447 upvotes
Canada
gundamwingZero wrote: this or the rain-x from walmart? it is my first time changing my stock wipers...
This one has the plastic cover over the metal frame (that's why they call it hybrid) so it's supposedly better in preventing the frame from freezing up with ice than the cheap (but still more expensive) RainX at Walmart.

They won't last long so better buy at least one extra pair for backup.
Aug 8, 2007
379 posts
241 upvotes
Two threads on this I see but this thread seems more popular. Get these or Bosch Icons from RockAuto if you are ordering other items from them to justify shipping costs? I also read best is to just replace the rubber edge and keep OEM metal to make perfect fit against windshield but too late for me as I threw my OEM metal out on first changeover.
[OP]
Jul 25, 2018
784 posts
1235 upvotes
Milton, ON
EYEAM2COOL4U wrote: Two threads on this I see but this thread seems more popular. Get these or Bosch Icons from RockAuto if you are ordering other items from them to justify shipping costs? I also read best is to just replace the rubber edge and keep OEM metal to make perfect fit against windshield but too late for me as I threw my OEM metal out on first changeover.
I personally would order from RA if you can get everything you need to ship from one location. It's when they have to ship from multiple places that shipping charges negate any savings.

That being said, these wipers are great for the price and you're probably going to Costco anyways - why not pick these up?
Sep 25, 2018
595 posts
1109 upvotes
I've gone through two pairs of them. They last about 8-10 months but it's probably better to replace them around the 6 months mark. They make a little bit squeaky noise when wind is very strong, otherwise they are perfect.

If they are noisy on a windless day, maybe you should wash your windshield. After I've done a proper car wash and waxing, they are silent.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)