Microsoft 365 Family 15-month Subscription, $99.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 6th, 2022 5:17 pm
86 replies
Dec 8, 2010
117 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
Aarghhh i paid $109 for 12 months online on Jan 8, 2022.

1. Anyone think i can be refunded that amount if I chose to go with this instead?

2. At the very least if i get this 15 month subscription, can i stack it on top of my current subscription so it doesnt renew for another 12 months at $109?
Jun 25, 2006
277 posts
193 upvotes
Calgary
Seeing all the downvotes, I'm curious what the best deal is nowadays? I know and use alternatives like Google Docs or Libre, but sometimes it's still convenient to have Office. TIA
Oct 3, 2018
136 posts
198 upvotes
lifewithbunty wrote: Aarghhh i paid $109 for 12 months online on Jan 8, 2022.

1. Anyone think i can be refunded that amount if I chose to go with this instead?

2. At the very least if i get this 15 month subscription, can i stack it on top of my current subscription so it doesnt renew for another 12 months at $109?
Did you sign up for the online membership auto-renewal a couple months ago? You would have the $25 coupon for any online purchase $100 or over, making your price cheaper than this.
Last edited by rfd222222 on Jan 21st, 2022 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2017
1183 posts
843 upvotes
QuinteWest
lifewithbunty wrote: Aarghhh i paid $109 for 12 months online on Jan 8, 2022.

Yes, you should be able to stack. And from what i have seen in previous posts, you can stack up to 4 years worth. Please note i have note tried it myself.
Aug 19, 2019
259 posts
381 upvotes
I know Office 365 provides lot of apps. If you dont use them and only need this for basic word/excel/powerpoint i strongly recommend the free open source app - LibreOffice.
Have been using it for a few years and does ll the basic stuff i need for my personal use. I have all other apps from my work just in case i need them (i never needed them lol).

I do agree 1 TB cloud storage is pretty incredible and its 1 TB to all the 6 family members.
Dec 13, 2019
35 posts
47 upvotes
AoiSora7 wrote: Seeing all the downvotes, I'm curious what the best deal is nowadays? I know and use alternatives like Google Docs or Libre, but sometimes it's still convenient to have Office. TIA
Considering this includes storage I think it's one of the better deals around. I also prefer having a full version of the software rather than only cloud based stuff (missing too many features)
Dec 13, 2019
35 posts
47 upvotes
Paulie1RFD wrote: Yes, you should be able to stack. And from what i have seen in previous posts, you can stack up to 4 years worth. Please note i have note tried it myself.
---

I have stacked this before (I did three years I believe)
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
3902 posts
3815 upvotes
Muskoka
Also, each licence is allowed to install onto 5 separate devices (PCs, Macs, Surface). Those 5 devices use the same credentials and you only get the single OneDrive TB account.

We have the family plan amongst our family. My wife and I share her user credentials. The rest still have their own. i still can use my own email with Outlook
Public Mobile
Nov 15, 2020
3 posts
2 upvotes
I bought this same Microsoft 365 Family subscription from Costco about a year ago and it’s set to expire March 25. If I buy it again from Costco, any idea if I can activate it March 24 and use that to renew for another 15 months? Thanks …
Mar 6, 2018
6 posts
8 upvotes
Thumbs up from me. This is a good deal although I think it's an ongoing price from Costco. I have the 365 family as well and like it for the 6TB of storage, 1TB per user up to 6 users. I have different accounts set up for myself, 1 of them specifically to sync all of my personal pics and vids from my android devices. Wife uses one identity for work, as do I. Another for personal use. All users have access to the full suite of micro$oft apps. All around, well suited for us and I haven't seen a lower (legit) price anywhere as of yet. I'm done with the likes of Wh0keys etc. Got burned too many times over the years. To each his own ;)
Deal Addict
May 24, 2017
1183 posts
843 upvotes
QuinteWest
mindmeeting wrote: I bought this same Microsoft 365 Family subscription from Costco about a year ago and it’s set to expire March 25. If I buy it again from Costco, any idea if I can activate it March 24 and use that to renew for another 15 months? Thanks …
You should be able able to buy it now and it will stack onto your existing subscription. Effectively starts when your current one ends and then runs for 15 months. I have not done this myself, but i have read this from past deals.
Oct 8, 2008
22 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
mindmeeting wrote: I bought this same Microsoft 365 Family subscription from Costco about a year ago and it’s set to expire March 25. If I buy it again from Costco, any idea if I can activate it March 24 and use that to renew for another 15 months? Thanks …
You can buy now and enter codes right away. it'll just add to your sub. I bought two a couple weeks ago with a few months left on my sub. Entered both codes and now my next renewal date is December 2024.
Nov 15, 2020
3 posts
2 upvotes
Jayfan34 wrote: You can buy now and enter codes right away. it'll just add to your sub. I bought two a couple weeks ago with a few months left on my sub. Entered both codes and now my next renewal date is December 2024.
Excellent – thank you.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
4520 posts
2065 upvotes
Parry Sound
AoiSora7 wrote: Seeing all the downvotes, I'm curious what the best deal is nowadays? I know and use alternatives like Google Docs or Libre, but sometimes it's still convenient to have Office. TIA
Do people actually pay a subscription for office software?

The only reason I pay is for OneDrive cloud storage.
This message has not been approved by The Office of The Mayor of Toronto.
Dec 13, 2019
35 posts
47 upvotes
MayorOfToronto wrote:
Do people actually pay a subscription for office software?

The only reason I pay is for OneDrive cloud storage.
I consider the SW a bonus. At 6.66 for 6x1 TB/mth this is a pretty solid deal even just for Onedrive.

Id love to see what the downvotes suggest as a better alternative.
Aug 7, 2012
138 posts
268 upvotes
Just use your work's office 365 account - they allow 5 installs per license. Been using mine for over a year now, no problems.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
4520 posts
2065 upvotes
Parry Sound
jmrandall27 wrote: Id love to see what the downvotes suggest as a better alternative.
Yeah, seriously.

365/OneDrive is by far the cheapest compared to Google One, Apple iCloud, Sync, Dropbox, Amazon, and a bunch of others.

It's also using Microsoft's Azure as the backend, meaning it's probably more secure than any of the above.

Now in terms of privacy... Microsoft is probably one of the worst lol especially when it comes to the US government.
This message has not been approved by The Office of The Mayor of Toronto.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2015
2746 posts
1654 upvotes
brianfoo wrote: Just use your work's office 365 account - they allow 5 installs per license. Been using mine for over a year now, no problems.
work office account works but that means uploading all your peronsal files
Aug 7, 2012
138 posts
268 upvotes
Androidmarshmellow wrote: work office account works but that means uploading all your peronsal files
yep, but I don't use OneDrive for storage. For photos and video I bought a pixel 1 and it has unlimited backup at original quality for Google Photos.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)