Microsoft 365 Family 15-month Subscription, $99.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 17th, 2022 5:45 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3603 posts
4715 upvotes
Oakville
FatSheep wrote: I had office 365 for two years mainly for the OneDrive.

Then invested $1000 for 20TB personal NAS with synology. Best decision.

If only want to have 6TB personal NAS with a entry level synology, you can get that with $300-$400.

This costs $19/15 month (or $15/year) after splitting it with people, and they update and secure their server. No electricity cost or maintenance of a NAS.

It will take 15 years to break even if you do it yourself, assuming 1 TB NAS setup costs $300 to setup.
-ZdpZ... ;)
May 16, 2010
452 posts
294 upvotes
Vancouver
I am month to month now with 365. can I add this to my account and not pay for 15 months?
Aug 30, 2007
775 posts
1460 upvotes
Calgary
xman111 wrote: I am month to month now with 365. can I add this to my account and not pay for 15 months?
I don’t see why not. I added another 15 months to my active M365 account.
Jun 18, 2013
441 posts
477 upvotes
Toronto
zdpz wrote:

This costs $19/15 month (or $15/year) after splitting it with people, and they update and secure their server. No electricity cost or maintenance of a NAS.

It will take 15 years to break even if you do it yourself, assuming 1 TB NAS setup costs $300 to setup.
When I got office 365, I am paying for all my family members, and not charging them. Of course, if you do it with friends or others, you can split the cost.

Also with NAS you get other things, e.g. docker, plex, torrent machine, and eventually you need to download your data. Are you planning to use OneDrive forever?

With personal setup, you get your hardware with you, so you could sell them at the end of the day, with OneDrive it is pure cost.

But I mean, it is definitely a good deal for office 365, Microsoft is really good at this, personally I got hooked up to Xbox ecosystem from PlayStation. Microsoft knows how to do business.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
4534 posts
2078 upvotes
Parry Sound
hank hill wrote: 6 TB OneDrive is selling feature for me too.

Now if I install same account on five computers, those would be limited to the one TB correct?

I ask, because it seems like it might be kind of a pain in the ass if I have to use 6 different accounts to take advantage of the full 6TB.
Yes, 1TB per account.

With Google you can have a pool of data to share between accounts but with Microsoft you have to split it 1TB each.
This message has not been approved by The Office of The Mayor of Toronto.
Jan 20, 2003
207 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto
xman111 wrote: I am month to month now with 365. can I add this to my account and not pay for 15 months?
Yes. Once you redeem the code, it will show the expiry date of your current plan.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2579 posts
992 upvotes
MayorOfToronto wrote: Yes, 1TB per account.

With Google you can have a pool of data to share between accounts but with Microsoft you have to split it 1TB each.
If I need 1tb of space, and wanted to go through google, I'd have to pay google $140/year, would get 2TB because they don't have 1tb option, and I wouldn't get microsoft office.

Personally I'd rather get the o365 family package. It's good value if you can split the cost with others.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
4534 posts
2078 upvotes
Parry Sound
spiralspirit wrote: If I need 1tb of space, and wanted to go through google, I'd have to pay google $140/year, would get 2TB because they don't have 1tb option, and I wouldn't get microsoft office.

Personally I'd rather get the o365 family package. It's good value if you can split the cost with others.
Agreed. You simply cannot beat the value of 365.
This message has not been approved by The Office of The Mayor of Toronto.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
3911 posts
3832 upvotes
Muskoka
hank hill wrote: 6 TB OneDrive is selling feature for me too.

Now if I install same account on five computers, those would be limited to the one TB correct?

I ask, because it seems like it might be kind of a pain in the ass if I have to use 6 different accounts to take advantage of the full 6TB.
You do need separate accounts each getting 1TB. But with OneDrive I’m pretty sure you can ‘share’ or make public your TB with others. So you could access all 6TB from one account but they would look like different network folders. You can set limits on who has access, what folders they have access to and read/write privileges. You can also access this from FileManager - or whatever it’s called now.
Public Mobile
Oct 3, 2006
213 posts
33 upvotes
How does it work? Do you get a product key from Costco? I'm on free trial, so should be able to use this.
Dec 16, 2009
335 posts
116 upvotes
Hamilton
spots01 wrote: You do need separate accounts each getting 1TB. But with OneDrive I’m pretty sure you can ‘share’ or make public your TB with others. So you could access all 6TB from one account but they would look like different network folders. You can set limits on who has access, what folders they have access to and read/write privileges. You can also access this from FileManager - or whatever it’s called now.
That certainly makes it far more manageable if that's the case, basically sounds like same share features as Google drive.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2008
1042 posts
1116 upvotes
Montreal
Does anyone know when this deal expires?

I have a $350 coupon which I have to use in one shot ... right now I can't find anything else to pair this deal with

thanks
Dec 3, 2018
487 posts
456 upvotes
I have family subscription and I can add 2 more IDs, let me know if anyone is interested. We can share the cost.
Dec 27, 2017
256 posts
194 upvotes
I have a $25 off $100 coupon, can anyone suggest filler item?
May 7, 2005
84 posts
35 upvotes
I am eligible for the home use program through work. CAD $76.30 / year for Microsoft 365 Family subscription.

Rakuten.ca offers $6.5 Cash Back on Office 365 (Yearly Subscription)

I signed up for the Home Use Program and then started a shopping trip from Rakuten.ca and pasted in home use program link from my email hoping the rebate will apply. If it doesn't that's fine but totally worth a shot.

EDIT: 3 days later, the cashback is processed without issue.
Last edited by z3row0rm on Jan 27th, 2022 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2017
2001 posts
851 upvotes
If anyone is looking for this. We have 2 spots remaining in our group buy. If interested PM me. It works out to be $19 a person.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
3661 posts
1944 upvotes
Ontario
FatSheep wrote: I had office 365 for two years mainly for the OneDrive.

Then invested $1000 for 20TB personal NAS with synology. Best decision.

If only want to have 6TB personal NAS with a entry level synology, you can get that with $300-$400.
I use cloud storage because some pictures/documents can't be replaced should tragedy befall one's home. I used to have an external HD kept in a fireproof safe. Microsoft is unlikely to lose my files.
Kaboom! Kaboom! KABOOM!
May 22, 2007
107 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
Every time I see a deal for O365 I always see so many downvotes because people seem to think an office subscription isn't worth it but if you look at the online storage component alone it is one of the cheapest you'll find anywhere.

You get 6 accounts with 1tb storage each for $100/15moths. Assuming you split with 6 people where else can you get 1tb of online storage for $1.06/month?
Sep 13, 2020
10 posts
25 upvotes
New Toronto, ON
From this article, you should be able to stack up to a max of 5 years. Hope this answers your question.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/what-happens-if-i-add-another-microsoft-365-for-home-subscription-to-my-account-e53bde8b-ff38-414c-b2c3-63173a0668e0