Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Microsoft 365 Family $99.99 (15-months subscription + 1-month with recurring billing turned on)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 17th, 2021 4:11 pm
[OP]
Jul 2, 2019
157 posts
270 upvotes
dadididit dadidadit

[Costco] Microsoft 365 Family $99.99 (15-months subscription + 1-month with recurring billing turned on)

Microsoft 365 Family
(formerly Office 365 Home)
One convenient subscription for up to 6 people. Includes premium productivity apps, up to 6 TB of cloud storage (1 TB per person), and advanced security for all your devices

https://www.costco.ca/microsoft-365-fam ... 57668.html

Features:
:: Share with your family – up to 6 people
:: 12-month subscription plus 3 free months for up to 6 people
:: Premium Office apps, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook (includes Access & Publisher, PC only)
:: 1 TB OneDrive cloud storage per person to back up files and photos
:: Works on Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android (iOS and Android require separate app installation)
:: Advanced security for email and files
:: When you purchase this item an electronic code will be emailed to you by Codes2Go normally within 2 business days after completing your purchase. Please ensure to provide the correct email address when placing your order
:: Limit 3 per member

* How to switch subscription plans ---
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/off ... 6kxzrmlc00

* Microsoft 365 Family: Overview, Requirements, FAQ ---
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/microso ... verviewtab

* no product key expiry --
purchased 3 subs last june 2020, installed 1 today (Feb.25.2021) with recurring billing enabled, expiry date is June.26.2022 (i.e. 16 months from installation date)

* 16 months = $6.25/mo.
Images
  • with Publisher-2.JPG
  • with Publisher-1.JPG
  • Additional Benefits and Services-1.JPG
  • Microsoft 365-2-2.jpg
85 replies
Aug 15, 2017
96 posts
128 upvotes
I really can't stand the SaaS model everything is moving to. Paying subscriptions for software that changes so slowly is super frustrating.

But with that said, I think the 365 package is a good one IF you're planning on using the cloud storage. A total of 6 TB for $8/mo.

I needed the storage and am currently splitting a promo rate of $76/year with some family members, and I think I'm getting a good value.
Apr 29, 2013
400 posts
588 upvotes
Candiac
For anyone that may not know, if you have a kid in school, they most likely have a 365 account and you can install it on up to 5 computers.
Dec 25, 2003
475 posts
403 upvotes
Saskatoon
Dropbox, google drive, and also microsoft offer free cloud service. I havent used MS Office in 10 years since it wasn't readily available for free anymore. I also cannot stand the SaaS (subscription as a servcie) model, it hurts to know what I paid for is ticking down every day. Why is anyone paying for this I do not understand?

Some free alternatives to MS Office:
- Google Docs
- Libre Office (if you often use office and not just for emails and the infrequent document here and there)
Oct 18, 2017
272 posts
441 upvotes
New Brunswick
realBIGmike wrote: Dropbox, google drive, and also microsoft offer free cloud service. I havent used MS Office in 10 years since it wasn't readily available for free anymore. I also cannot stand the SaaS (subscription as a servcie) model, it hurts to know what I paid for is ticking down every day. Why is anyone paying for this I do not understand?

- Google Docs
- Libre Office (if you often use office and not just for emails and the infrequent document here and there)
Cloud Storage.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2011
1275 posts
695 upvotes
Ajax
mrobillard wrote: For anyone that may not know, if you have a kid in school, they most likely have a 365 account and you can install it on up to 5 computers.
How would I go about accessing this for my daughter?
Dec 2, 2010
300 posts
341 upvotes
Terrace
Just an FYI - you can still get license keys for the full versions that don't expire like the O365 SaaS model.
Nov 12, 2017
37 posts
69 upvotes
Forristal wrote: I really can't stand the SaaS model everything is moving to. Paying subscriptions for software that changes so slowly is super frustrating.

But with that said, I think the 365 package is a good one IF you're planning on using the cloud storage. A total of 6 TB for $8/mo.

I needed the storage and am currently splitting a promo rate of $76/year with some family members, and I think I'm getting a good value.
At least in this case, they still offer the traditional model although you have to wait up to 3 years to get the new features. But I agree with you, and I hope they never move to a full SaaS model.
Aug 28, 2018
111 posts
50 upvotes
Can we buy it now but activate in a few months? Or does it activate as soon as they send you the code?

I already have this plan from Microsoft and it ends in July. You don’t get a refund if you cancel.

Edit: I spoke to Microsoft, if you add this plan to your account, then it extends your plan end date by 15 months. So you can buy it now. But is this a limited time deal or is it always available at Costco?
Last edited by nickthebrick on Feb 26th, 2021 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 13, 2016
112 posts
119 upvotes
New-Brunswick
Thanks for info Op isn’t this regular price at Costco thought? Sub only expire in October there is no hurry to buy this right ?
Apr 29, 2013
400 posts
588 upvotes
Candiac
covabwoy wrote: How would I go about accessing this for my daughter?
If your school is registered with Microsoft (most are), your daughter probably has a school email address. Type it here to see if she is eligible: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/educati ... cts/office
This would also be the same account she is using if they are using Microsoft Teams during the pandemic.
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2010
1024 posts
519 upvotes
Richmond Hill
realBIGmike wrote: Dropbox, google drive, and also microsoft offer free cloud service. I havent used MS Office in 10 years since it wasn't readily available for free anymore. I also cannot stand the SaaS (subscription as a servcie) model, it hurts to know what I paid for is ticking down every day. Why is anyone paying for this I do not understand?

- Google Docs
Here we go again with this thread...there is a reason for someone. Mine is:

1) the cloud storage

2) I am engrained with MS Office products -- unlike you I have been using Word / Excel / PowerPoint / Publisher for years with Excel and Word being used since the 90's. Google Docs and Libre Office are "compatible" to a certain point. Then when everyone else around me also relies on MS, sharing files with them --- many are not that tech savvy to use cloud --- becomes a huge problem unless you are also on MS Office.

3) Work compatibility -- MS Office is still pretty much the standard for most work places. It becomes a pain when you format something in Google Docs or Libre Office and then have to reformat it in MS Office when you open that back up at work.

Note that I don't like the SaaS model either. At least MS 365 is in the affordable range. How about Adobe? I would love to use Photoshop and Premier Pro...but that $$$$$ every year has pretty much stopped me from going there.
Penalty Box
Jul 6, 2018
612 posts
1063 upvotes
I remember when you could buy Office for $100. What a load horseshit. A subscription to Spotify, or Netflix makes sense. Not to damn office software!
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2010
1024 posts
519 upvotes
Richmond Hill
nickthebrick wrote: Can we buy it now but activate in a few months? Or does it activate as soon as they send you the code?

I already have this plan from Microsoft and it ends in July. You don’t get a refund if you cancel.
I bought these special deal pricing in the past and just slapped on the code to my account. It just extends it from your expiry date. You do not have to wait until you are in your expiry month. But I think there is a max that it can go to...3 or 5 years...I think..but one or two years in advance, no problem.
Oct 26, 2012
935 posts
1350 upvotes
poopooplatter wrote: I remember when you could buy Office for $100. What a load horseshit. A subscription to Spotify, or Netflix makes sense. Not to damn office software!
You can still buy Office with a one time fee if you're just interested in Office itself. O365 is more about the cloud storage with Office being the bonus. 6TB for $6.25 a month is a pretty good deal, then to sweeten the deal even more, you get Office free for the 16 months you have the cloud storage. Oh also, Office if you buy the one time fee you only get one license. Whereas this license allows for 6 people to use the Office sub. That's how you have to approach O365, it's not "just" office.
Oct 7, 2006
7 posts
6 upvotes
No, most schools in Ontario at least is all Google based. They actually own the majority market share in education sector.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
2554 posts
1584 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
I bought MS Office 2016 outright a few years ago. I continue to receive updates as and when. Do I get the 1 TB cloud storage or is it only for the SaaS model ?
Come visit Niagara On The Lake
Voted Prettiest, Friendliest & Most Haunted town in Canada
Support local small business
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
2554 posts
1584 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
Another question. Considering that Google Photos abruptly pulled the plug on the 115 Gb of storage and dropped it down to 15Gb, how does one automatically back up files to the MS Cloud 1TB storage with this subscription ? How does it work on mobile phones where the bulk of the pictures and video's are taken ?
Come visit Niagara On The Lake
Voted Prettiest, Friendliest & Most Haunted town in Canada
Support local small business