Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Microsoft Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 in stock - $209 (Sold out)

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2021 9:32 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
9916 posts
4658 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Microsoft Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 in stock - $209 (Sold out)

https://www.costco.ca/xbox-one-elite-se ... 03376.html

the hot deal here is that it's actually in-stock... i just bought one and i dont even have an xbox, got it for pc gaming and maybe using on ps4/ps5 and other consoles using adapter

know that this is a niche product, it's not a "hot deal" either but im posting it here for vis for those that were looking for stock

edit: OOS
Last edited by ManCaveGamer on Apr 25th, 2021 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
33 replies
Deal Addict
May 14, 2008
2798 posts
970 upvotes
Didn't know this was hard to find. A couple of months ago, I was considering pulling the trigger on one from Amazon Warehouse Deals for a few weeks, but ultimately decided it was still too expensive. But it was in stock that whole time.
Sep 26, 2016
153 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
Microsoft's got pretty awful QC for their Xbox Elite controllers, I wouldn't recommend buying one.
They claim it's only effecting a small portion of users, but that doesn't seem to be the case. 🤷‍♂️
Come eat some chemicals with me 🎶🧪
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2003
5300 posts
418 upvotes
Issue was with the first version of the Elite. I have the Elite 2 and it has been very solid. I'm using it to play on the Xbox Series X, PC and PS5.
This space for rent.
Apr 23, 2020
69 posts
49 upvotes
GunnerX wrote: Issue was with the first version of the Elite. I have the Elite 2 and it has been very solid. I'm using it to play on the Xbox Series X, PC and PS5.
Wait what on PS5? How does that work and why?

With the other systems though, I would love to do that but found re-pairing the controller every time was annoying. Is there a workaround you use? Plug it in
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3799 posts
2791 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
Ya, even on sale it's too rich for my blood.
A couple friends have had these, (or at least the first version) and mentioned that; i): they weren't really worth it, as far as features and ii): they failed (stick drift) sooner than expected.

Also, considering this is a premium product, one would think Microsoft would honour a one year warranty instead of 90 days like a regular controller. 90 days doesn't instil much confidence in me.
Sep 26, 2016
153 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
MrFrugal1 wrote: Ya, even on sale it's too rich for my blood.
A couple friends have had these, (or at least the first version) and mentioned that; i): they weren't really worth it, as far as features and ii): they failed (stick drift) sooner than expected.

Also, considering this is a premium product, one would think Microsoft would honour a one year warranty instead of 90 days like a regular controller. 90 days doesn't instil much confidence in me.
They've retroactively extended the warranty to a year.
Come eat some chemicals with me 🎶🧪
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2003
5300 posts
418 upvotes
logitvx wrote: Wait what on PS5? How does that work and why?

With the other systems though, I would love to do that but found re-pairing the controller every time was annoying. Is there a workaround you use? Plug it in
I'm using a Brook Xone SE adapter to play with ps4/ps5. As of now, like all other third party controllers, it only recognizes it as a PS4 controller so it won't work with PS5 games. Hopefully they can release an update to make it work with PS5 games soon. However, as of now, most of the games I play on the PS5 are P4 games.

For PC, I use a USB cable to remove Bluetooth lag. It makes it a lot better. I do have to pair it again on the Xbox Series X but that's just a few seconds so it doesn't bother me.
This space for rent.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3799 posts
2791 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
Interesting. Guess they haven't learned. You'd think some of that $10 million they initially spent developing this thing would have been on assuring QC.

As an aside, I went through six standard controllers in two years when the first Xbox One came out. I actually complained on the Microsoft /Xbox forum, and a guy from Microsoft called me. He said they wanted to collect my last two controllers for analysis, and ship me two replacements. I was actually shocked that they did this.
Nov 28, 2013
134 posts
369 upvotes
Toronto
Can confirm some serious QC issues with the controllers. My series 1 has been retired after about 2 years of use due to control stick drift issues. My series 2 is now suffering from a sticky button issue. I love the feel of these controllers, but they are not worth the price due to the QC issues.
Sep 2, 2017
427 posts
495 upvotes
Edmonton
GunnerX wrote: I'm using a Brook Xone SE adapter to play with ps4/ps5. As of now, like all other third party controllers, it only recognizes it as a PS4 controller so it won't work with PS5 games. Hopefully they can release an update to make it work with PS5 games soon. However, as of now, most of the games I play on the PS5 are P4 games.

For PC, I use a USB cable to remove Bluetooth lag. It makes it a lot better. I do have to pair it again on the Xbox Series X but that's just a few seconds so it doesn't bother me.
Wow, I did not know something like that existed.. I may have to get one of those later for when I pick up a PS5.
Apr 23, 2020
69 posts
49 upvotes
GunnerX wrote:
I'm using a Brook Xone SE adapter to play with ps4/ps5. As of now, like all other third party controllers, it only recognizes it as a PS4 controller so it won't work with PS5 games. Hopefully they can release an update to make it work with PS5 games soon. However, as of now, most of the games I play on the PS5 are P4 games.

That’s neat, thanks for sharing! Maybe I’ll do that. I hesitate to use the Elite for PC because I was thinking plugging in cable would mess up the pairing with the Xbox. Seems I should give it a shot!
Oct 12, 2011
484 posts
336 upvotes
CARP
I was loving my Series 1, except I couldn't use the paddles as they kept pressing accidentally.

I was planning to eventually get the Series 2 but I love the stock Series X/S controller.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2003
5300 posts
418 upvotes
WontonNoodle wrote: for that price get a SCUF
Ugh. Would never get a SCUF ever again. Have the SCUF Vantage 2 for the PS4 and talk about drifting. The paddle also broke and couldn't find any replacement as it seems they silently discontinued the model. Good thing I was able to print one out with my 3D printer.

I also have the Astro C40 and that has a lot of issues with drifting also. I don't use those two controllers anymore. I only use the Elite 2 now.
This space for rent.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
2637 posts
791 upvotes
This still only have a 90 days warranty lol?