Hot Deals

[Costco] Miele Coffee machines from $1199.00 to $1999.00

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 13th, 2021 7:51 am
[OP]
Member
Feb 28, 2011
442 posts
783 upvotes
ottawa

[Costco] Miele Coffee machines from $1199.00 to $1999.00

Costco is running sale on Miele superautomatic coffee machines starting from $1199.99

https://www.costco.ca/CatalogSearch?key ... ePrice+asc

CM5300 $300 off for $1199.00
https://www.costco.ca/miele-cm5300-free ... 53876.html

CM6150 $400 off for $1599.00
https://www.costco.ca/miele-cm6150-free ... 31613.html

CM6350 $500 off for $1999.00
https://www.costco.ca/miele-cm6350-free ... 31592.html

Expensive? Yes but, excellent machines, coffee quality is better than any other super automatic machines on canadian market (may be slightly behind Jura for espresso but, wins hands down with milk drinks and serviceability).
I own CM6150 model, used to own various superautomatics Saeco and Gaggia. Have friends with Jura D6, ENA7 and E8. Did quite few comparisons.
I also admit that quality from semi automatic machines is better as I owned excellent Lelit Ana. But, it’s different audience and convenience.
Last edited by gena_mak on Jun 11th, 2021 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
Looking for more options? Check out RFD Reviews' roundup of the best coffee makers!
44 replies
Sr. Member
Mar 10, 2012
759 posts
1332 upvotes
PEACHLAND
Bought the 6150 for $1,439 the last time these were on and could not be happier with it.

If you drink a lot of coffee and can swing it I would really recommend getting at least the 6150 for the bigger water tank. This thing uses a lot of water to rinse every time it turns on and off so having a smaller tank would not be ideal for big coffee drinkers.

EDIT: I lied, I could be happier Face With Tears Of Joy. I do have a couple small gripes mostly relating to the water tank itself. The design of the lid/handle on the tank sucks. The lid on the water tank doesn't stay closed completely sometimes so I think I'm going to add a small magnet to it. The lifting handle is also the lid of the tank, but you really need to make sure it is secure before lifting, as it could result in disaster if It isn't attached to the tank properly.

Pretty minor gripes all things considered. I would buy again in a heartbeat.
[OP]
Member
Feb 28, 2011
442 posts
783 upvotes
ottawa
2003fxdl wrote: Bought the 6150 for $1,439 the last time these were on and could not be happier with it.

If you drink a lot of coffee and can swing it I would really recommend getting at least the 6150 for the bigger water tank. This thing uses a lot of water to rinse every time it turns on and off so having a smaller tank would not be ideal for big coffee drinkers.

EDIT: I lied, I could be happier Face With Tears Of Joy. I do have a couple small gripes mostly relating to the water tank itself. The design of the lid/handle on the tank sucks. The lid on the water tank doesn't stay closed completely sometimes so I think I'm going to add a small magnet to it. The lifting handle is also the lid of the tank, but you really need to make sure it is secure before lifting, as it could result in disaster if It isn't attached to the tank properly.

Pretty minor gripes all things considered. I would buy again in a heartbeat.
I added a small sticky magnet. It really doesn’t have to be a magnet, just something that has few grams of weight in it. Nothing is ideal, too bad Nivona machines are not available on canadian market. They have 900 series machines that share the same internals as Miele but, far better software interface and programable options, some models even have double grinder.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2072 posts
4542 upvotes
Markham
Hawk25 wrote: FYI Home Depot hasn't adjusted their price to match yet, so there's a PM +10% discount possible

CM5300: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/miele- ... 1001538248
CM6150: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/miele- ... 1001538471
CM 6350: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/miele- ... 1001538249
Do you know if HD allows price match to Costco? A lot of places seem to exclude membership websites.
Member
Apr 1, 2009
294 posts
101 upvotes
GTA
2003fxdl wrote: Bought the 6150 for $1,439 the last time these were on and could not be happier with it.

If you drink a lot of coffee and can swing it I would really recommend getting at least the 6150 for the bigger water tank. This thing uses a lot of water to rinse every time it turns on and off so having a smaller tank would not be ideal for big coffee drinkers.

EDIT: I lied, I could be happier Face With Tears Of Joy. I do have a couple small gripes mostly relating to the water tank itself. The design of the lid/handle on the tank sucks. The lid on the water tank doesn't stay closed completely sometimes so I think I'm going to add a small magnet to it. The lifting handle is also the lid of the tank, but you really need to make sure it is secure before lifting, as it could result in disaster if It isn't attached to the tank properly.

Pretty minor gripes all things considered. I would buy again in a heartbeat.
I have very similar experience with the CM6150. I would add lighted buttons to the wish list. (I saw a comment somewhere that the LEDs are there, but are not enabled in the software. Unfortunately I don’t know how to enable them, if this is true).

I switched from a Nespresso machine (I was happy with it, but the coffee got too expensive) and the price difference paid the Miele for ~10 months.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 24, 2009
1683 posts
1217 upvotes
AB
Is 6350 worth the $400 premium over 6150?
[OP]
Member
Feb 28, 2011
442 posts
783 upvotes
ottawa
.fess wrote: Is 6350 worth the $400 premium over 6150?
Depends…
Do you like cafe americano? It has hot water spout.
Do you want lighted buttons and coffee spout light?
Do you need a milk carafe?
Looks little more premium with silver front panel.
Last edited by gena_mak on Jun 11th, 2021 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jr. Member
Nov 17, 2016
193 posts
140 upvotes
Do these make significantly better coffee than Nespresso capsules if you are just interested in black coffee/espresso?
[OP]
Member
Feb 28, 2011
442 posts
783 upvotes
ottawa
StevePos wrote: Do these make significantly better coffee than Nespresso capsules if you are just interested in black coffee/espresso?
Depends on beans you select and adjustments you make. Potentially, if you did your homework you get better coffee. It’s like asking if rice cooker is better than another rice cooker with more features. It depends on rice, ingredients, cooking style and more advanced rice cooker will help if you know what you do.
Nespresso or, any other capsule coffee are most expensive when you consider how much you pay per given weight of coffee. Especially nespresso.
Last edited by gena_mak on Jun 11th, 2021 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member
Mar 13, 2017
335 posts
306 upvotes
This is so tempting. Is it common for these types of machines to have 1 year warranty only?
[OP]
Member
Feb 28, 2011
442 posts
783 upvotes
ottawa
Jimmydeals wrote: This is so tempting. Is it common for these types of machines to have 1 year warranty only?
Unfortunately, yes. I use credit card with extending warranty when I buy these types of things.
I think only Jura has two years warranty.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 22, 2012
4138 posts
3626 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Jimmydeals wrote: This is so tempting. Is it common for these types of machines to have 1 year warranty only?
That's why it's great to buy from Costco. Satisfaction guarantee!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6269 posts
654 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone upgraded from the Breville Barista Express Espresso Maker BES870BSXL​? Worth it?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2011
1551 posts
1399 upvotes
Pallet Town
Dave510 wrote: Do you know if HD allows price match to Costco? A lot of places seem to exclude membership websites.
I've done it a few times over the years with no issues (some major appliances + smaller purchases), but I imagine it's YMMV on the rep you get
[OP]
Member
Feb 28, 2011
442 posts
783 upvotes
ottawa
greg123 wrote: Anyone upgraded from the Breville Barista Express Espresso Maker BES870BSXL​? Worth it?
Two different machines with different purpose. If you don’t mind time and effort making good espresso then, upgrade from your breville would be something like Lelit Anita.
If you want convenience with reasonably good espresso and black coffee and great milk drinks then, superautomatic machine is you bet and, Miele is a best choice. IMHO
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1515 posts
428 upvotes
Toronto
Phillips released the 5500 series.
Member
Aug 12, 2003
471 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
gena_mak wrote: Costco is running sale on Miele superautomatic coffee machines starting from $1199.99

https://www.costco.ca/CatalogSearch?key ... ePrice+asc

CM5300 $300 off for $1199.00
https://www.costco.ca/miele-cm5300-free ... 53876.html

CM6150 $400 off for $1599.00
https://www.costco.ca/miele-cm6150-free ... 31613.html

CM6350 $500 off for $1999.00
https://www.costco.ca/miele-cm6350-free ... 31592.html

Expensive? Yes but, excellent machines, coffee quality is better than any other super automatic machines on canadian market (may be slightly behind Jura for espresso but, wins hands down with milk drinks and serviceability).
I own CM6150 model, used to own various superautomatics Saeco and Gaggia. Have friends with Jura D6, ENA7 and E8. Did quite few comparisons.
I also admit that quality from semi automatic machines is better as I owned excellent Lelit Ana. But, it’s different audience and convenience.
Is this better than a basic Jura? Looking at moving from Nespresso. Don’t need milk functions, prefer to use Aeroccino.
[OP]
Member
Feb 28, 2011
442 posts
783 upvotes
ottawa
GoogleFish wrote: Is this better than a basic Jura? Looking at moving from Nespresso. Don’t need milk functions, prefer to use Aeroccino.
Friend of mine bought newest Jura E8 with Pulse Extraction Process (PEP). It makes better black coffee, I tried few things with it, the extraction is excellent from Costa Rican beans. However, I could not make good cappuccino. But, you will pay more for such machine.

Previous Jura models without PEP, I would say, not much better. I tried D6 and ENA7.
Also, Jura requires service, you can not just take brew group out and rinse it. You have to use tablets for regular cleaning similar to Miele and, at least once a year send it for service. I know many say it’s not necessary and coffee quality does not suffer and the machine is clean… IMHO automatic cleaning can not replace good detailed cleaning.

Top