• Last Updated:
  • Apr 28th, 2019 1:25 pm
[OP]
May 13, 2012
1 posts
7 upvotes
Ottawa, Ontario, Can…

[Costco] Miele Compact C2 Hard Floor Canister Vacuum - $299.00

You won't find even your most basic Miele vacuum at a better price!

1) Yes, it's definitely considered entry level.

2) You only receive 1 very basic universal attachment.

3) I can only assume this is an "error" and will be removed prior to April 25th.

Happy Hunting!
Images
  • C2 Hard Floor.jpg
Last edited by Szelzki on Apr 24th, 2019 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
38 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
1561 posts
510 upvotes
Montreal
Not a price error at all, 389$ for this plus the turbo head attachment at Costco is a pretty normal price.

Right now even best buy has the C3 Limited Edition for 349.99$

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/mi ... 81127.aspx
(EDIT Costco has it too, get it from Costco: https://www.costco.ca/Miele-Complete-C3 ... 05077.html)

C2 vs C3 from what I can tell:
- slightly smaller for the C2
- The 50$ ish price difference
- tools stored inside the vacuum for the C3
- one touch cord winder for the C3 versus pressing the whole way for the C2 (EDIT: apparently C2 has this as well?)
- C2 dial vs C3 button (easier to change) for suction settings
- bigger bag in C3
- neither have the optional HEPA filter (all C3 series have one except the limited edition one which is the one at Best Buy)

both are really lackluster in attachments
Last edited by n-ster on Apr 23rd, 2019 11:44 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10776 posts
972 upvotes
Saw it in store as well. Forgot the price, but I noticed it was cheap. Probably a bit cheaper in store than online.

I wish I lined up to get a free one last year. Was this the same model?
Mar 2, 2011
199 posts
53 upvotes
West
So it's this a good buy? I know nothing about vacuums...

Or is the $350 one at best buy better?

Please and thanks for your help.
Jul 4, 2015
245 posts
110 upvotes
Edmonton
lil_dreams wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 5:24 pm

I have the C2. It works fine. Good suction and is pretty quiet. Not having to empty the bins and have dust fly everywhere is amazing.
Oct 12, 2008
825 posts
1376 upvotes
Markham
n-ster wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 5:10 pm
Not a price error at all, 389$ for this plus the turbo head attachment at Costco is a pretty normal price.

Right now even best buy has the C3 Limited Edition for 349.99$

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/mi ... 81127.aspx

C2 vs C3 from what I can tell:
- slightly smaller for the C2
- The 50$ ish price difference
- tools stored inside the vacuum for the C3
- one touch cord winder for the C3 versus pressing the whole way for the C2
- C2 dial vs C3 button (easier to change) for suction settings
- bigger bag in C3
- neither have the optional HEPA filter (all C3 series have one except the limited edition one which is the one at Best Buy)

both are really lackluster in attachments
The C2 winds with one touch as well. I bought 3 of them during Miele store opening at Yorkdale, they were $199 each.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
30434 posts
4995 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
lil_dreams wrote:
Get the C3 Limited Edition from Costco for $389
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
7544 posts
1325 upvotes
This is like the BMW of vacuums. You wont regret it. Should last you 10+ years if not more.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
2789 posts
817 upvotes
EPcjay wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 7:07 pm
This is like the BMW of vacuums. You wont regret it. Should last you 10+ years if not more.
I know what you're trying to say and it's totally true, but what a terrible analogy
NO BMW will last even 6 years without a major failure and costly repair!!
Maybe Lexus would be a better example, lol
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4123 posts
1100 upvotes
I have a Miele and I love it, but the most important thing when it comes to a Miele is the heads (imo). It looks like this one has a universal head which can do both carpet and hardwood floor, but isn't particularly great at either. Fairly certain this doesn't have an agitator brush within that head meaning there's no spinning brush that rubs and vibrates the carpet to help pull out those particularly stuck hairs or dirt out of your carpet and instead you're relying entirely on suction. This isn't as big of a deal on hardwood floors and the universal is passable, although the ideal for hardwood is probably a parquet head which glides much more smoothly. The carpet head attachment with a brush is about +$70 separately so you may as well just buy Miele with it already included.

PERSONALLY, I wouldn't spend +$300 for just a universal head as I think you'll be disappointed compared to other vacuums in that price range and I might even suggest that popular portable Shark one that has a big thread on here.
:arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd:
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2570 posts
898 upvotes
Dave510 wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 6:19 pm
The C2 winds with one touch as well.
...and to add, the cord is supposed to fully extended out of the housing when in use to help with cooling the motor. Might only be important for the C2 since it is a smaller vacuum but check the user's manual to be sure.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
15526 posts
5785 upvotes
lil_dreams wrote:

With the Miele you will end up having to purchase bags. Once the bag fills up you throw it out and buy a new bag. Where as if you go with a dyson or other bagless you do not have to buy bags but when you empty the canister dust can escape.

Some like bags and some like bagless, but you should be aware that with bags there is an ongoing cost.
Oct 25, 2010
440 posts
161 upvotes
If anyone has a Miele i have half carpet half hardwood or tile. I was really torn on whether i needed a powerhead (like the cats and dogs c2 even though i don’t have shedding pets) or if the one OP posted plus me buying the turbo brush in addition would be fine on the carpets. Any advice would be appreciated
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
11914 posts
2380 upvotes
RFD
EPcjay wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 7:07 pm
SomeOtherDude wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 9:01 pm
I know what you're trying to say and it's totally true, but what a terrible analogy
NO BMW will last even 6 years without a major failure and costly repair!!
Maybe Lexus would be a better example, lol
I guess it'll work great for a few years and then have electrical problems. At that point just get rid of it and get a new one because of the high maintenance costs.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2005
6804 posts
308 upvotes
Ottawa
Ryes wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 10:42 pm
If anyone has a Miele i have half carpet half hardwood or tile. I was really torn on whether i needed a powerhead (like the cats and dogs c2 even though i don’t have shedding pets) or if the one OP posted plus me buying the turbo brush in addition would be fine on the carpets. Any advice would be appreciated
I have the the C2 Electro+ and I love it. I love it more than Dyson, and Hoover vacuums I’ve had since the suction to me is amazing. There is no nasty smell that even Dyson gives. I had originally wanted the C3 Cat and Dog but I couldn’t justify the extra cost for hepa filter, better attachment holder, buttons vs dial etc. It was minor upgrades to me. We have a mixture of carpet, high pile rugs, tiles, and hardwood. The powerhead that it comes with is great for the carpet and rug when we want a good clean. Rest of time for touchups we use our Roomba. We use the parquet the most since its so versatile and great on hardwood/tile/basic rugs. The parquet is super soft too! I suggest you be a bit patient and wait for their 10 year warranty promo and get it then. Hopefully you can stack a sale and the 10 year warranty like I did.