Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Miele Compact C2 Hard Floor Canister Vacuum - $299.00

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 28th, 2019 1:25 pm
Newbie
Feb 2, 2017
36 posts
39 upvotes
I have a 15 year old miele Solaris that still works like the day I bought it. My sister couldn't believe that I paid $600 for a vacuum. In the same 15 years she has bought about 5 vacuums at a min $200 each....all broke down. The older models that were made in Germany were excellent quality. While I can't speak to the longevity of the new models, I will get another miele when mine eventually dies. I think the c3 complete is a great deal under $400.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 23, 2005
20821 posts
147485 upvotes
GTA
-=phelan=- wrote: Out of curiosity aren't these readily available at meile unbox events and warehouse sales? I never looked into them at the warehouse sales I've been at in the past as I didn't have any need for a vac but does anyone recall prices?
From a pic posted in the last sale:

Image

Really good pricing IMO...
Sr. Member
Oct 25, 2010
560 posts
228 upvotes
Wow that’s crazy good pricing
Member
Nov 12, 2009
464 posts
458 upvotes
How's the suction on this vacuum compared to Rainbow vacuum or Sirena?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
31196 posts
5422 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
allmywatches wrote: The older models that were made in Germany were excellent quality. While I can't speak to the longevity of the new models, I will get another miele when mine eventually dies. I think the c3 complete is a great deal under $400.
Only the C1 is made in China, the C2 and C3 are still made in Germany. The C1 uses the same motor as the C2 and C3. Which brings to question, where is the motor made?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2889 posts
1248 upvotes
Gee wrote: Only the C1 is made in China, the C2 and C3 are still made in Germany. The C1 uses the same motor as the C2 and C3. Which brings to question, where is the motor made?
Pretty sure I recall reading that the motor is made in Germany, but then sent to China for assembly on the C1.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
31196 posts
5422 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
SizzleChest wrote: Pretty sure I recall reading that the motor is made in Germany, but then sent to China for assembly on the C1.
That's reassuring. I guess it is just a matter of time before they farm out all the assembly to China
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 21, 2005
1458 posts
173 upvotes
Lévis
Have an older version of it. Good medium size vacuum. A bit small for a house. I recommand getting a bigger model except if your house is very small. Slpcially since bags are not very big and cost ~ 5$/each. Not great for carpet all over but very good for mixed floors.
Pourquoi pas?
Penalty Box
User avatar
May 15, 2016
5052 posts
1727 upvotes
Does anyone know if the Miele Bayless vacuums are equally well reviewed?

Top