Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Miele Complete C3 Canister Vacuum (Tayberry Red) - $499.99 ($200 off)

• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2021 6:37 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
22733 posts
175865 upvotes
GTA

[Costco] Miele Complete C3 Canister Vacuum (Tayberry Red) - $499.99 ($200 off)

The Miele Complete C3 Canister Vacuum (Tayberry Red) is on sale for $499.99 ($200 off). Though it's on sale at Costco, it's a promo by Miele so you can also get it directly from Miele or any Miele authorized dealer. Costco page says 6 years total warranty, not sure if that's a typo or is it actually 1 year standard warranty + the 5 year extended warranty (thought it was 5 years total even with this promo). Either way, awesome vac (I have the Cat & Dog version) and it's built like a tank.

https://www.costco.ca/miele-complete-c3 ... 66578.html

https://www.miele.ca/en/c/vacuum-cleane ... omo-vacuum

Edit: Don't forget that Miele has a promo on for the vacuum bags where you get a free HEPA filter (good time to stock up)
21 replies
Jul 22, 2009
376 posts
369 upvotes
Toronto
Their carpet and pet model for Costco exclusive is more worth it. The parquet twister as a stand-alone is $75, but the turbo brush head for this model is a more expensive head, plus you get extra bags and filters in this pack. At $459 it’s definitely the better buy.
Aug 2, 2011
128 posts
64 upvotes
Vancouver
This is the one to get if you have no carpet.

If you have low pile carpet, get the blue in-store-only version for $390 and buy a separate parquet twister head online - the blue one comes with the air driven carpet cleaner head.

If you have high pile carpet or a lot of carpet, get the white excellence model - it has a powered carpet head.
Jul 29, 2016
280 posts
147 upvotes
Toronto
I own a Miele for 10 years, to be honest I don't think their design is good.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
1032 posts
352 upvotes
Oakville
lmx116 wrote: I own a Miele for 10 years, to be honest I don't think their design is good.
10 years.

I had a Dyson that broke in less than a year. It’s the marketing gimmicks that make this to appear like a great product.

Miele are well made easy to use smartly designed machines of quality.
Nov 20, 2017
4 posts
29 upvotes
Have a used one in perfect condition for sale if someone is interested. DM me.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
4808 posts
2811 upvotes
lmx116 wrote: I own a Miele for 10 years, to be honest I don't think their design is good.
If you're looking for something to hang on your wall and show off, then yeah there's better looking vacuums.

If you're looking for something that works extremely well, there's few, if any, vacuums better. The fact you've had yours for 10 years says something.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
11155 posts
2195 upvotes
Almost bought the $397 CX1 from Costco last year but told myself not to buy another corded vacuum. My Panasonic made Kenmore is still running strong after I forgot how many years, but I rarely use it anymore only because cordless is so convenience. Hopefully Miele will build better cordless to compete with Dyson. I had a Dyson V6 and Shark Rocket Pet Pro , the Dyson is around 5 years old and still running surprisingly good but we only use it for spot cleaning because it lacks a HEPA filter and small dust bin. Settle with the Shark while waiting for V15. The Shark is outstanding to resist hair tangling on the brush, dust bin is very easy to clean too, suction is not as good as Dyson though.
hvc wrote: If you're looking for something to hang on your wall and show off, then yeah there's better looking vacuums.

If you're looking for something that works extremely well, there's few, if any, vacuums better. The fact you've had yours for 10 years says something.
Masks can reduce spread of COVID-19 by 83.3% and keep economy open, wear one even after you are fully vaccinated.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
20750 posts
6566 upvotes
Looks like my old Kenmore that still works fine but I can't get a replacement hose for anymore after Sears went under.
Jun 10, 2020
578 posts
555 upvotes
Whatever happened to Electrolux? They were over $1000 but they were an investment that lasted forever.. We were using one from the 70's well into the 90's and early aughts (00's) when I grew up with mom.. Those things were a tank. Bagged, ran well and worked forever.
I'd even hazard much better than Miele.

But, given what we have these days (cheap Chinese crap, and Dyson-Plastic-Allergen-Spreading-Hype), I'll stick with Miele.. At least their motors are German..

This was ours, the Canadian model AP-100, only in a darker-brown. Not sure what happened to it. Still probably runs to this day... Looks like their newer stuff is cheaper-looking plastic.....

https://www.vacuumland.org/cgi-bin/TD/TD-VIEWTHREAD.cgi?1828
Oct 9, 2017
37 posts
8 upvotes
LezOLee wrote: Their carpet and pet model for Costco exclusive is more worth it. The parquet twister as a stand-alone is $75, but the turbo brush head for this model is a more expensive head, plus you get extra bags and filters in this pack. At $459 it’s definitely the better buy.
The Carpet and Pet model seems to be the same as the one in OP? Aside from the power carpet head?
Hard to find the difference in the “Limited Edition”. Is the head the ONLY difference? What’s special about the parquet twister?

Thanks.
Jul 22, 2009
376 posts
369 upvotes
Toronto
KevinM11 wrote: The Carpet and Pet model seems to be the same as the one in OP? Aside from the power carpet head?
Hard to find the difference in the “Limited Edition”. Is the head the ONLY difference? What’s special about the parquet twister?

Thanks.
Pet and carpet has the more expensive turbo head (driven by air) instead of the parquet twister, and it has extra bags and filters, all for $40 less. The turbo brush has an msrp that’s $55 more than the parquet twister. The turbo head is better for low pile carpet, whereas the parquet twister is amazing for tiles and hardwood floors. If you can pick up the parquet twister and sell the all-teq head, you have a setup that can cover carpets and flooring more effectively.
Apr 8, 2011
343 posts
735 upvotes
Calgary
After seeing the Miele C1 on sale here a few weeks ago, and needing a vacuum, I researched the heck out of these things and ended up buying the C3 Powerplus. I wanted something that would last for years, and not regret having maybe a few extra features in that time. Well, it's like owning a Maserati compared to the rusty Chevy Cobalt Dyson POS we had before.

Suction is incredibly powerful, and in some cases too much. Fortunately it has several suction settings, so it can be turned down when needed. It's taking a bit of time getting used to, going back to a canister style vac, but as far as design being no good, I'm not sure how it could be much better. Removing and installing bags and filters is simple and fast. You can literally swing these things around by the hose and not worry about damage to it and the crush proof hose. The long cord wraps up with a flick of the foot, in fact everything but changing bags or filter, is designed so that it can all be done by foot or hand. No bending over. The design is fantastic as far as I'm concerned.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
3004 posts
1275 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Went with a cheap MooSoo for now but still thinking about pulling the trigger on this. Reviews are good overall but people tend to be split about whether they like the convenience of cordless stick vs. the performance of this unit.
Feb 5, 2012
414 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
badbeerbreath wrote: After seeing the Miele C1 on sale here a few weeks ago, and needing a vacuum, I researched the heck out of these things and ended up buying the C3 Powerplus. I wanted something that would last for years, and not regret having maybe a few extra features in that time. Well, it's like owning a Maserati compared to the rusty Chevy Cobalt Dyson POS we had before.

Suction is incredibly powerful, and in some cases too much. Fortunately it has several suction settings, so it can be turned down when needed. It's taking a bit of time getting used to, going back to a canister style vac, but as far as design being no good, I'm not sure how it could be much better. Removing and installing bags and filters is simple and fast. You can literally swing these things around by the hose and not worry about damage to it and the crush proof hose. The long cord wraps up with a flick of the foot, in fact everything but changing bags or filter, is designed so that it can all be done by foot or hand. No bending over. The design is fantastic as far as I'm concerned.
I bought a miele c3 powerplus too. It's incredible but collecting dust as I bought it for a house but ended up living in a condo which it's an overkill for. DM me if anyone is interested. Has 6 years warranty left.
Jun 10, 2020
578 posts
555 upvotes
badbeerbreath wrote: After seeing the Miele C1 on sale here a few weeks ago, and needing a vacuum, I researched the heck out of these things and ended up buying the C3 Powerplus. I wanted something that would last for years, and not regret having maybe a few extra features in that time. Well, it's like owning a Maserati compared to the rusty Chevy Cobalt Dyson POS we had before.

I think a lot of these comments are more a reflection of how far quality has declined in 40 years on everything, and a reflection of how over-rated and hyped (marketed) Dyson is (and THAT is what you're paying for). Dyson is overpriced crap, period.

People getting the idea that bagless is the way to go to clean your house when all the dust and mites and everything are microscopic and airborne -- also a marketting scam/crap.

Again, I'd reference the Electrolux I linked to before. Not sure how old many of you are (millennials,/zennials) but that stuff was built like a tank and built to last, even better than these Miele's (and I bought a Miele). Many are still running today.

What could be better in the Mieles? Less plastic, more metal. Built-in Accessory cover on the C3 Excellence (Lotus White) feels like cheap crap that will break (not a matter of if, but when). Too much plastic in the housing -- Bag insertion and the cover uses plastic everywhere including the hinges and seal.

Electrolux -- Metal cylinder and body. Inserting bags -- Metal hinges. More robust seal. METAL attachment of hose to canister. Hose -- Tougher and wrapped in an almost fabric (tough courdura/polyester-type weave). Metal on the hose attach point. Powerhead -- waay more robust and all METAL (except for the wooden spinner).
Also made at a factory in Canada (when we actually made stuff here, ) not most parts made in China, then motor in Germany.

There's tonnes of room for improvement, but manufacturers want you to keep buying nowadays.. Nothing made to last too long. Planned obsolescence.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
2125 posts
1358 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
God I hate walls of whining text.

If you type "Electrolux Vacuums" into a search engine, you can still buy them.

So goddamned buy one.
Jul 17, 2018
249 posts
129 upvotes
The fact that you have owned a Miele for 10 years is what makes it good.
Jul 17, 2018
249 posts
129 upvotes
Keep in mind that this one isn't "powered" so it isn't as simple as attaching a powered head to it to vacuum carpets. The C3 is also pretty big so make sure you have the space to store it. One thing I like about the C3 is that it allows you to store the included tools (e.g. crevice tool) inside the Vac rather than attached to the hose.
May 26, 2014
223 posts
268 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
DasHip wrote: I think a lot of these comments are more a reflection of how far quality has declined in 40 years on everything, and a reflection of how over-rated and hyped (marketed) Dyson is (and THAT is what you're paying for). Dyson is overpriced crap, period.
It's no secret that stuff these days is made to lesser standards. Companies are fully incentivized financially to make the cheapest crap, in the cheapest place with the cheapest labour, and sell it for the highest price. It's capitalism. If your profits aren't always growing then nobody will invest and your company tanks. Once a certain level of profit growth through marketing and good consumer reviews, the only area for profit growth is to cut costs. Move manufacturing somewhere cheaper, design parts that fail so people have to buy new ones. Way she goes.

That's not the fault of millenials. If you want a vacuum built 40 years ago, then go buy a used one.