[Costco] Miele Complete C3 Edition $389.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2020 11:52 am
[OP]
Sep 19, 2015
61 posts
36 upvotes

[Costco] Miele Complete C3 Edition $389.99

Saw at Costco Waterloo. Seems these normally go for $600.
Images
  • B06D1741-E6F0-481F-9562-260B1FA2C448.jpeg
Last edited by TomRFD on Sep 5th, 2020 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
78 replies
Sep 24, 2018
106 posts
189 upvotes
This is lowest I've seen, lower than the Amazon price error over the summer. Great find.
Jan 29, 2020
244 posts
289 upvotes
Thanks, will make a great anniversary present for her.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
1886 posts
523 upvotes
Toronto
Cashforlife wrote: Thanks, will make a great anniversary present for her.
Nothing says I love you, more than a vacuum cleaner to clean the house! Smirking FaceGrinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Last edited by blindemboss on Sep 6th, 2020 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
1339 posts
1450 upvotes
I think this one lack a power head. Not good for thick carpet, but that is all I know so far. The price is reasonable. You can add a power head for like $200~ if the wand is compatible, but I'm not sure if it has a powered wand.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
1339 posts
1450 upvotes
Cashforlife wrote: Oh, I'm having second thoughts. I can't compete with that.
Just make sure to get her this along with the unit.

So she will be fully satisfied.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4604 posts
1939 upvotes
IMO, the most important thing for Miele's is the head attachment. The rest of the machine is generally the same outside of HEPA filter (allergy+pet) vs regular filter and whether the wand is powered or not (air suction vs air+electric).

There are 3 main heads
Please don't buy a Miele and use this, it almost defeats the purpose of having this machine and you may as well get an $80 Hoover or something. This head is terrible, imo. It's adjustable for hardwood and carpet, mediocre at both, and the most commonly found one on the cheapest Miele's. It doesn't push smoothly on carpet, unless you have low pile, and there's no agitator brush (no spinning brush inside) which would vibrate the carpet or more easily collect hairs and alike for a more thorough clean. You can get away with this if you have very little carpet or little hardwood, but generally you don't want to use it as a main head.

#2 is Parquet (hardwood)
This thing is soo smooth, you may as well be rubbing butter across your floors. It also swivels nicely whereas the other heads are more forward and back. If you have a lot of hardwood, grab one of these, it's also far less likely to scratch your floor like the adjustable one.

#3 Turbo or electric head (carpet + agitator brush)
Turbo is just air, but has a brush and it works great. If you want some extra power then you need the electric version and a Miele with that plug in the wand.
Unless you have minimal carpet in your house, you typically want one of these and you can get away using this on hardwood, although the ideal is the parquet.

Heads cost around +$80 or so that's why you may want to spend a bit extra on your Miele if it comes with the head(s) you want as it may be cheaper than buying separately.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2004
2738 posts
359 upvotes
Ontario GTA
Cucumference wrote: Just make sure to get her this along with the unit.

So she will be fully satisfied.
you can't connect an electric brush to a non-electric wand.
this C3 is all air driven.. great price and good for low to medium pile carpets though.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
1017 posts
736 upvotes
Airdrie
RFDBeliever wrote: So what head does the Costco one come with??
I believe it is the allteq one which is no good, so you would end up having to buy one or two heads.

When my mom got this from costco last year, I'm assuming it's still the same one. I ended up buying her the parquet ($80) and turbo ($120) heads for her birthday since she hated the allteq one it comes with.

Now she loves it.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
1339 posts
1450 upvotes
The_Madz wrote: you can't connect an electric brush to a non-electric wand.
this C3 is all air driven.. great price and good for low to medium pile carpets though.
I did specifies I don't know if this unit has a powered wand. It is hard to tell. Some hardfloor powerline model actually has powered wand even though they don't come with a powered brush head.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3643 posts
1951 upvotes
RFDBeliever wrote: So what head does the Costco one come with??
https://www.miele.ca/en/c/floorheads-an ... =SBD_285-3
Cucumference wrote: I did specifies I don't know if this unit has a powered wand. It is hard to tell. Some hardfloor powerline model actually has powered wand even though they don't come with a powered brush head.
I'm curious to know which model you are referring to because Miele told me directly that none of their models have the electric wand unless it also comes with an electric power head.