Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Miele Complete C3 Edition $389.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2020 11:52 am
Jun 26, 2007
910 posts
648 upvotes
The_Madz wrote: unless the vacuum already comes with a powerhead there is no way the wand and hose is electric.
the vacuum may have the connector for the hose with electrical connections but the hose and wand as a part is more expensive than buying a model with it already.
At one point, about 3-4 years ago all the C3 models had electric hoses, prices dropped after they removed this feature from the lower-end configurations.
Mar 21, 2020
4 posts
6 upvotes
The_Madz wrote: the costco ones has an STB-305 turbo brush.. so all in all you are better off with the costco one and buying a SBB-300 parquet twister if you want a vacuum that is good for some carpet as well as hardfloor.
if you only have hardfloors and a low pile area rug then the C3 limited edition in that tayberry colour is a good deal.
Where does it say the costco one comes with the turbo brush?
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2004
1143 posts
97 upvotes
GTA
RiCHC3 wrote: IMO, the most important thing for Miele's is the head attachment. The rest of the machine is generally the same outside of HEPA filter (allergy+pet) vs regular filter and whether the wand is powered or not (air suction vs air+electric).

There are 3 main heads
Please don't buy a Miele and use this, it almost defeats the purpose of having this machine and you may as well get an $80 Hoover or something. This head is terrible, imo. It's adjustable for hardwood and carpet, mediocre at both, and the most commonly found one on the cheapest Miele's. It doesn't push smoothly on carpet, unless you have low pile, and there's no agitator brush (no spinning brush inside) which would vibrate the carpet or more easily collect hairs and alike for a more thorough clean. You can get away with this if you have very little carpet or little hardwood, but generally you don't want to use it as a main head.

#2 is Parquet (hardwood)
This thing is soo smooth, you may as well be rubbing butter across your floors. It also swivels nicely whereas the other heads are more forward and back. If you have a lot of hardwood, grab one of these, it's also far less likely to scratch your floor like the adjustable one.

#3 Turbo or electric head (carpet + agitator brush)
Turbo is just air, but has a brush and it works great. If you want some extra power then you need the electric version and a Miele with that plug in the wand.
Unless you have minimal carpet in your house, you typically want one of these and you can get away using this on hardwood, although the ideal is the parquet.

Heads cost around +$80 or so that's why you may want to spend a bit extra on your Miele if it comes with the head(s) you want as it may be cheaper than buying separately.

Do the #2/#3 head need a power cord? or can they just plug into the vac?
I have #1 and have been using it for the past 4 years without any issues, vacs just fine on hardwood, but on carpet it's a bit difficult, i would have to turn down the power.

And is amazon the cheapest for these heads?

Edit: only RFD can get me excited in spec'ing out my home Vac. ....
Jul 3, 2019
158 posts
210 upvotes
OracerO wrote: Do the #2/#3 head need a power cord? or can they just plug into the vac?
I have #1 and have been using it for the past 4 years without any issues, vacs just fine on hardwood, but on carpet it's a bit difficult, i would have to turn down the power.

Miele.ca had a promotion on the attachment heads a few months back (20% off), not sure if they have this promo often. The attachment head promo was at the same time as the C3 PowerLine for $399 and dust bag free HEPA filter promo.
Jan 22, 2017
311 posts
203 upvotes
GTA
Has anyone seen this at a GTA location? Dont see this deal online. Otherwise will have to wait until Tuesday to call Costco customer service.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
32637 posts
6391 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
papermate2 wrote: Has anyone seen this at a GTA location? Dont see this deal online. Otherwise will have to wait until Tuesday to call Costco customer service.
It is regular price. Available at any Costco warehouse
Apr 22, 2019
32 posts
36 upvotes
This is regular price at Costco. On sale price is $329.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4604 posts
1939 upvotes
OracerO wrote: Do the #2/#3 head need a power cord? or can they just plug into the vac?

The suction on a Miele is great so sometimes you have to turn down the power on carpet regardless of the head you're using.

#2 doesn't need a plug or anything you just pop it on.

#3 has 2 different models, Turbo (Air based - no plug) and Electric or sometimes called Electro (which would need a plug).

For deals,
SuperVacs for anyone that wants to support local business, I called them up in the past and got my whole Miele setup from them at a great price. Basically bought the cheapest Miele+turbo head and without negotiating they still tossed in free bags and a parquet, wouldn't have known how great the parquet was otherwise. Good guys.
edit* Bed Bath and Beyond coupon doesn't work on Miele, ty for clarifying.
Miele sometimes sends out promo deals if you're subscribed to their newsletter, but unreliable to wait for these.

(Parquet) This is a pretty good deal on Amazon if you're okay with warehouse (2 left) one at $44 the other at $57. Retail price seems to be the highest on Amazon otherwise.
https://www.amazon.ca/Miele-SBB-400-3-S ... B001BN8Z2K

Turbo or electric head can be tougher to find.
Last edited by RiCHC3 on Sep 6th, 2020 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 12, 2016
623 posts
265 upvotes
Mississauga
RiCHC3 wrote: (Parquet) This is a pretty good deal on Amazon if you're okay with warehouse (2 left) one at $44 the other at $57. Retail price seems to be the highest on Amazon otherwise.

Thanks for this link. Took a chance on the used one from Amazon Warehouse deal. $44 for the extra large parquet attachment, let's see how "used" it is lol
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4604 posts
1939 upvotes
LauD14 wrote: Thanks for this link. Took a chance on the used one from Amazon Warehouse deal. $44 for the extra large parquet attachment, let's see how "used" it is lol
Worst case, easy returns.
A lot of the time the warehouse deals revolve just around the packaging being damaged. I've grabbed a couple MAJOR COSMETIC DAMAGE items and it's usually just a ding in the packaging and item inside is like perfect condition.
Mar 21, 2020
4 posts
6 upvotes
RiCHC3 wrote: The suction on a Miele is great so sometimes you have to turn down the power on carpet regardless of the head you're using.

#2 doesn't need a plug or anything you just pop it on.

#3 has 2 different models, Turbo (Air based - no plug) and Electric or sometimes called Electro (which would need a plug).

For deals,
SuperVacs for anyone that wants to support local business, I called them up in the past and got my whole Miele setup from them at a great price. Basically bought the cheapest Miele+turbo head and without negotiating they still tossed in free bags and a parquet, wouldn't have known how great the parquet was otherwise. Good guys.
Bed Bath and Beyond w/20% coupon they send out periodically.
Miele sometimes sends out promo deals if you're subscribed to their newsletter, but unreliable to wait for these.

(Parquet) This is a pretty good deal on Amazon if you're okay with warehouse (2 left) one at $44 the other at $57. Retail price seems to be the highest on Amazon otherwise.

The 20% coupon doesn't work at BBB for Miele products.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2004
1143 posts
97 upvotes
GTA
asfafewt2w432 wrote: The 20% coupon doesn't work at BBB for Miele products.
I've used the 20% coupon for Miele filter refills and it has worked.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2004
2738 posts
359 upvotes
Ontario GTA
Cucumference wrote: I did specifies I don't know if this unit has a powered wand. It is hard to tell. Some hardfloor powerline model actually has powered wand even though they don't come with a powered brush head.
no,, they dont.. not a single unit has an electric wand / hose without coming with a powerhead, please specify model?
Deal Addict
May 18, 2004
2738 posts
359 upvotes
Ontario GTA
Flunk wrote: At one point, about 3-4 years ago all the C3 models had electric hoses, prices dropped after they removed this feature from the lower-end configurations.
not true,
the vacuum price has always depended on the floorheads that they come with.
they have had limited edition models for a long time now and they typically used european models for it which do not use power heads, in fact, i was surprised to find out that even in UK they don't have a single model with an electric powerhead.

buy Miele vacuums based on two parameters,

series (e.g. c1, c2, c3) and the heads they come with.

As a very basic guide.

Classic C1 - been around for a long time, used to be called S2. their "basic" vacuum.
Manufactured: Germany
operating Radius : 9M
Bag size : 4L GN bags
Cord rewind: Traditional push and hold
Motor: standard 1200W
WEight: Not sure but the lightest of them all

Compact C1: Not available anymore on the Miele website but Bestbuy has a Compact C1 Hardfloor plus model. older style model, used to be called S4 when it was made in Germany. good small model.
Manufactured: Assembled in China from German and Chinese components, supposedly the plastic chassis is chinese and motor made in Germany
Bag size : 3.5L FJM bags
WEight: Not sure but although physically smaller than the classic C1 it weighs more.

Compact C2 - Compact model, used to be made in Germany, now assembled in China. was the replacement for the Compact C1 (old s4) and used to be called S6 back in the days. has the capability of using electric hoses and wands
Manufactured: Assembled in China from German and Chinese components, supposedly the plastic chassis is chinese and motor made in Germany
operating Radius : 10M
Cord rewind: newer "comfort plus" you push the rewind button once and it retracts the cord, recommend you hold on to the plug when retracting though or it can whip around
Motor: Quiet 1200W, motor is more insulated than before, not that the others are noisy.
WEight: weighs and is around the same size as the Compact C1.

C3 - their largest vacuum cleaner. used to be called S8. has always been made in Germany. Being physically larger it has the 3 extra tools (crevice nozzle, upholstery brush, dusting brush) onboard instead of sitting on a clip on the hose and has the longest cord reach. Available with both electric connections and without all depending on the tools it comes with.
operating Radius : 11M
Cord rewind: newer "comfort plus" you push the rewind button once and it retracts the cord, recommend you hold on to the plug when retracting though or it can whip around
Motor: Quiet 1200W, motor is more insulated than before, not that the others are noisy.
WEight: heaviest of them all, but still relatively light.

from within the series there are different models depending on the tools they come with.
Hardfloor model -> comes with the universal brush, this is what is used in Europe, the bristles are stiff but shouldn't scratch anything, great for tile. The bristles retract to go over low pile commercial style carpet. is the most gentlest on area rug as there is no agitation.

Cat & Dog model -> Always comes with an electrically powered bristle brush (powerhead) great for picking up hair and fur on carpet. the secondary brush is typically a dedicated hardfloor brush.

TotalCare model C2 / Blizzard-> comes with the same tools, a dedicated hardwood brush (Sbb300) and the air driven brush for picking up hair/fur from low to medium pile carpets.

Totalcare / Excellence C3 -> Electric brush, the Excellence comes with a universal brush and is white and seems to go on sale for $599. The Totalcare is $849 and in blue but comes with a dedicated hardfloor brush

Powerplus C3 - > Top of the line, comes with adjustable height powerhead for any thickness carpet and has controls in the handle.

so these are the models that come up a lot in discussions due to their value:

The costco is a C3, comes with a universal brush and an air driven brush. there is no electricity going through the hose and wand. It is a good value at Costco. The air driven brush (STB-305) is good at picking up hair and fur, it it is getting sucked into the carpet you rotate the miele logo to let in air so the bristles can turn. I do support that getting a SBB-300 parquet twister is well worth if it you have a lot of hardfloor.. Retails $389

C3 Tayberry limited edition. goes on sale from $599 to $399 on occasion.
essentially similar to the costco model, but instead of the air driven brush they give you the Sbb-300. IF you don't have carpets and have just a low pile area rug, then this is a good model to go with as they start you with the best hardfloor brush. You can always buy the STB-305 air driven brush later if you get more carpet.

C3 Excellence goes on sale from $849 to $599 once in a while.
white limited edition model, gives you the universal brush and an electric powerbrush. Add a SBB-300 parquet twister and you got a solid vacuum for both carpet and hardfloor.

Do note that the electric wands do add some weight so unless you have pets and or lots of carpet, it isn't necessary to have an electric powerhead.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
8491 posts
2960 upvotes
The_Madz wrote: not true,
the vacuum price has always depended on the floorheads that they come with.
they have had limited edition models for a long time now and they typically used european models for it which do not use power heads, in fact, i was surprised to find out that even in UK they don't have a single model with an electric powerhead.

buy Miele vacuums based on two parameters,

series (e.g. c1, c2, c3) and the heads they come with.

As a very basic guide.

Classic C1 - been around for a long time, used to be called S2. their "basic" vacuum.
WEight: Not sure but the lightest of them all

Compact C1: Not available anymore on the Miele website but Bestbuy has a Compact C1 Hardfloor plus model. older style model, used to be called S4 when it was made in Germany. good small model.
WEight: Not sure but although physically smaller than the classic C1 it weighs more.

Compact C2 - Compact model, used to be made in Germany, now assembled in China. was the replacement for the Compact C1 (old s4) and used to be called S6 back in the days. has the capability of using electric hoses and wands
operating Radius : 10M
WEight: weighs and is around the same size as the Compact C1.

C3 - their largest vacuum cleaner. used to be called S8. has always been made in Germany. Being physically larger it has the 3 extra tools (crevice nozzle, upholstery brush, dusting brush) onboard instead of sitting on a clip on the hose and has the longest cord reach. Available with both electric connections and without all depending on the tools it comes with.
operating Radius : 11M
WEight: heaviest of them all, but still relatively light.

from within the series there are different models depending on the tools they come with.
Hardfloor model -> comes with the universal brush, this is what is used in Europe, the bristles are stiff but shouldn't scratch anything, great for tile. The bristles retract to go over low pile commercial style carpet. is the most gentlest on area rug as there is no agitation.

Cat & Dog model -> Always comes with an electrically powered bristle brush (powerhead) great for picking up hair and fur on carpet. the secondary brush is typically a dedicated hardfloor brush.

TotalCare model C2 / Blizzard-> comes with the same tools, a dedicated hardwood brush (Sbb300) and the air driven brush for picking up hair/fur from low to medium pile carpets.

Totalcare / Excellence C3 -> Electric brush, the Excellence comes with a universal brush and is white and seems to go on sale for $599. The Totalcare is $849 and in blue but comes with a dedicated hardfloor brush

Powerplus C3 - > Top of the line, comes with adjustable height powerhead for any thickness carpet and has controls in the handle.

so these are the models that come up a lot in discussions due to their value:

The costco is a C3, comes with a universal brush and an air driven brush. there is no electricity going through the hose and wand. It is a good value at Costco. The air driven brush (STB-305) is good at picking up hair and fur, it it is getting sucked into the carpet you rotate the miele logo to let in air so the bristles can turn. I do support that getting a SBB-300 parquet twister is well worth if it you have a lot of hardfloor.. Retails $389

C3 Tayberry limited edition. goes on sale from $599 to $399 on occasion.
essentially similar to the costco model, but instead of the air driven brush they give you the Sbb-300. IF you don't have carpets and have just a low pile area rug, then this is a good model to go with as they start you with the best hardfloor brush. You can always buy the STB-305 air driven brush later if you get more carpet.

C3 Excellence goes on sale from $849 to $599 once in a while.
white limited edition model, gives you the universal brush and an electric powerbrush. Add a SBB-300 parquet twister and you got a solid vacuum for both carpet and hardfloor.

Do note that the electric wands do add some weight so unless you have pets and or lots of carpet, it isn't necessary to have an electric powerhead.
Excellent write-up! Thanks. I just bought the C3 Excellence last night, for $599 to replace Wifey's 14-year-old Dyson. It still works, but the beater is dead, only stays on for a matter of seconds these days, and as it is such an old model, no replacements available.

Thought about going with another Dyson, it was a good vacuum but have always had a few things we didn't like about it. Watch a couple of videos on the vacuumwarehouse.ca site, and was sold.

Hopefully they have fast shipping, it is only going from Toronto to Cobourg, and we get it this week.