Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Miele Complete C3 Edition $389.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2020 11:52 am
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
8491 posts
2960 upvotes
And.... just got a call from the Owner at vacuumwarehouse.ca. Apparently the C3 Excellence is sold out across Canada from this sale at all vendors, so I chose the option to take the C3 Total Care for the same price, rather than wait for more stock. Same vac, different colour, and a different hard floor head, which I actually think I like better, so again, still happy.
Apr 22, 2006
887 posts
Toronto
The_Madz wrote: not true,
the vacuum price has always depended on the floorheads that they come with.
they have had limited edition models for a long time now and they typically used european models for it which do not use power heads, in fact, i was surprised to find out that even in UK they don't have a single model with an electric powerhead.

buy Miele vacuums based on two parameters,

series (e.g. c1, c2, c3) and the heads they come with.

As a very basic guide.

Classic C1 - been around for a long time, used to be called S2. their "basic" vacuum.
Manufactured: Germany
operating Radius : 9M
Bag size : 4L GN bags
Cord rewind: Traditional push and hold
Motor: standard 1200W
WEight: Not sure but the lightest of them all

Compact C1: Not available anymore on the Miele website but Bestbuy has a Compact C1 Hardfloor plus model. older style model, used to be called S4 when it was made in Germany. good small model.
Manufactured: Assembled in China from German and Chinese components, supposedly the plastic chassis is chinese and motor made in Germany
operating Radius : 9M
Bag size : 3.5L FJM bags
Cord rewind: Traditional push and hold
Motor: standard 1200W
WEight: Not sure but although physically smaller than the classic C1 it weighs more.

Compact C2 - Compact model, used to be made in Germany, now assembled in China. was the replacement for the Compact C1 (old s4) and used to be called S6 back in the days. has the capability of using electric hoses and wands
Manufactured: Assembled in China from German and Chinese components, supposedly the plastic chassis is chinese and motor made in Germany
operating Radius : 10M
Bag size : 3.5L FJM bags
Cord rewind: newer "comfort plus" you push the rewind button once and it retracts the cord, recommend you hold on to the plug when retracting though or it can whip around
Motor: Quiet 1200W, motor is more insulated than before, not that the others are noisy.
WEight: weighs and is around the same size as the Compact C1.

C3 - their largest vacuum cleaner. used to be called S8. has always been made in Germany. Being physically larger it has the 3 extra tools (crevice nozzle, upholstery brush, dusting brush) onboard instead of sitting on a clip on the hose and has the longest cord reach. Available with both electric connections and without all depending on the tools it comes with.
Manufactured: Germany
operating Radius : 11M
Bag size : 4L GN bags
Cord rewind: newer "comfort plus" you push the rewind button once and it retracts the cord, recommend you hold on to the plug when retracting though or it can whip around
Motor: Quiet 1200W, motor is more insulated than before, not that the others are noisy.
WEight: heaviest of them all, but still relatively light.

from within the series there are different models depending on the tools they come with.
Hardfloor model -> comes with the universal brush, this is what is used in Europe, the bristles are stiff but shouldn't scratch anything, great for tile. The bristles retract to go over low pile commercial style carpet. is the most gentlest on area rug as there is no agitation.

Cat & Dog model -> Always comes with an electrically powered bristle brush (powerhead) great for picking up hair and fur on carpet. the secondary brush is typically a dedicated hardfloor brush.

TotalCare model C2 / Blizzard-> comes with the same tools, a dedicated hardwood brush (Sbb300) and the air driven brush for picking up hair/fur from low to medium pile carpets.

Totalcare / Excellence C3 -> Electric brush, the Excellence comes with a universal brush and is white and seems to go on sale for $599. The Totalcare is $849 and in blue but comes with a dedicated hardfloor brush

Powerplus C3 - > Top of the line, comes with adjustable height powerhead for any thickness carpet and has controls in the handle.

so these are the models that come up a lot in discussions due to their value:

The costco is a C3, comes with a universal brush and an air driven brush. there is no electricity going through the hose and wand. It is a good value at Costco. The air driven brush (STB-305) is good at picking up hair and fur, it it is getting sucked into the carpet you rotate the miele logo to let in air so the bristles can turn. I do support that getting a SBB-300 parquet twister is well worth if it you have a lot of hardfloor.. Retails $389

C3 Tayberry limited edition. goes on sale from $599 to $399 on occasion.
essentially similar to the costco model, but instead of the air driven brush they give you the Sbb-300. IF you don't have carpets and have just a low pile area rug, then this is a good model to go with as they start you with the best hardfloor brush. You can always buy the STB-305 air driven brush later if you get more carpet.

C3 Excellence goes on sale from $849 to $599 once in a while.
white limited edition model, gives you the universal brush and an electric powerbrush. Add a SBB-300 parquet twister and you got a solid vacuum for both carpet and hardfloor.

Do note that the electric wands do add some weight so unless you have pets and or lots of carpet, it isn't necessary to have an electric powerhead.
Local Miele historian over here eh?

Thanks for the tip!
Sep 19, 2014
437 posts
223 upvotes
Markham, ON
RiCHC3 wrote: IMO, the most important thing for Miele's is the head attachment. The rest of the machine is generally the same outside of HEPA filter (allergy+pet) vs regular filter and whether the wand is powered or not (air suction vs air+electric).

There are 3 main heads
Please don't buy a Miele and use this, it almost defeats the purpose of having this machine and you may as well get an $80 Hoover or something. This head is terrible, imo. It's adjustable for hardwood and carpet, mediocre at both, and the most commonly found one on the cheapest Miele's. It doesn't push smoothly on carpet, unless you have low pile, and there's no agitator brush (no spinning brush inside) which would vibrate the carpet or more easily collect hairs and alike for a more thorough clean. You can get away with this if you have very little carpet or little hardwood, but generally you don't want to use it as a main head.

#2 is Parquet (hardwood)
This thing is soo smooth, you may as well be rubbing butter across your floors. It also swivels nicely whereas the other heads are more forward and back. If you have a lot of hardwood, grab one of these, it's also far less likely to scratch your floor like the adjustable one.

#3 Turbo or electric head (carpet + agitator brush)
Turbo is just air, but has a brush and it works great. If you want some extra power then you need the electric version and a Miele with that plug in the wand.
Unless you have minimal carpet in your house, you typically want one of these and you can get away using this on hardwood, although the ideal is the parquet.

Heads cost around +$80 or so that's why you may want to spend a bit extra on your Miele if it comes with the head(s) you want as it may be cheaper than buying separately.
ughhh..ur post make me want to get the large parquet floor head attachement again lol

I wanted it before but thought $80 is way too steep for a piece of plastic head when I paid $299 for a C2 vacuum that comes with a supposedly more expensive (but crappier) combination head.
Oct 27, 2009
24 posts
1 upvote
Waterloo
I'm kinda confused....Does Costco provide the parquet twister as part of the C3 Limited Edition?

If no, then wouldn't it be a better deal to get it from vacuumwarehouse.ca that provides the parquet attachment.
Aug 16, 2009
455 posts
407 upvotes
Cashforlife wrote: Thanks, will make a great anniversary present for her.
If I did that, it would be the only thing sucking in the house for a long time LOL.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2004
2738 posts
359 upvotes
Ontario GTA
stupidity wrote: I'm kinda confused....Does Costco provide the parquet twister as part of the C3 Limited Edition?

If no, then wouldn't it be a better deal to get it from vacuumwarehouse.ca that provides the parquet attachment.
Different vacuums.

Costco in store has a C3 vacuum that's in Blue.. comes with a universal brush and a STB-305 air driven brush. it's an exclusive model not found anywhere else.

There is also now a C3 limited edition that's in red. it comes with a universal brush and a SBB-300 parquet twister. . everyone has access to it. it would be what to get if you have just hardfloors with no to minimal carpeting. you can always buy the STB-305 to add on to it .

one other difference is the handle on the vacuum, the handle on the C3 blue Costco is a "standard" handle so its just curved. The handle on the C3 limited red one is a "comfort" so it has a grip on it that is nicer.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9539 posts
2258 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Im sure Miele makes excellent vacuum but why vacuum manually when you can get a robot that does it for you?
One less chore, happy wife (or husband), happy life.

We're in future bros and sis, it's 2020 Smiling Face With Sunglasses

I'll get a robot vacuum plus a cordless one for spots cleaning. Corded canister is too old fashioned for me.
A shopvac would be the only exception as you need that extra ooomph for heavy duty cleaning.
Apr 27, 2016
62 posts
12 upvotes
can someone educate me why chose miele over dyson? isnt dyson...easier to move around?
Mar 15, 2008
525 posts
115 upvotes
Montreal
stupidity wrote: I'm kinda confused....Does Costco provide the parquet twister as part of the C3 Limited Edition?

The one I linked is different from the one in the OP.

The C3 Limited is by definition the C3 canister + that dual head + parquet twister. The hose isn't powered.

Miele's nomenclature is crazy so the confusion is fully warranted.
Dec 13, 2006
560 posts
238 upvotes
darkrocker101 wrote: can someone educate me why chose miele over dyson? isnt dyson...easier to move around?
I have a C3 and a Dyson V7, so maybe newer dyson are better... But for small debris and when only a little vaccuming is required I take the V7. Whe I do a qgole floor I take the C3.

The C3 has way more power, you can move it around way faster than the V7. The V7 pick stuff... But you need to go slowly and I feel the Parket twister is way better for our hardwood floor.

The V10/11 might change thing up... But since we bought the C3 we never used the central vac anynore.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2007
1104 posts
536 upvotes
darkrocker101 wrote: can someone educate me why chose miele over dyson? isnt dyson...easier to move around?
I have had a big dyson and a battery dyson for 10 years now or so. Just got rid of the Dyson and went with the C3 excellence (crazy deal I posted from Amazon in the summer, price error for $350). The Dyson's suction doesn't hold a candle to this C3, believe me. The suction is so strong I can barely push it around on deep stainmaster carpet. The dust when cleaning/emptying the Dyson was also a big problem, especially for allergy sufferers. I much prefer the Miele, I have no regrets at all and managed to sell the Dyson for $150 on Kijiji.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2004
2738 posts
359 upvotes
Ontario GTA
Daijoubu wrote: Im sure Miele makes excellent vacuum but why vacuum manually when you can get a robot that does it for you?
One less chore, happy wife (or husband), happy life.

We're in future bros and sis, it's 2020 Smiling Face With Sunglasses

I'll get a robot vacuum plus a cordless one for spots cleaning. Corded canister is too old fashioned for me.
A shopvac would be the only exception as you need that extra ooomph for heavy duty cleaning.
I think it really depends on your flooring and layout.
robot vacuums are neat, but have nowhere near the suction power of a canister. if you have hardwood and only one floor without a lot of things for it navigate around they can be great as a way to keep things under control

but i would say a plug in canister provides a deeper clean, especially if you have carpet then something with rotary brush really helps loosen up the dirt

also for shopvacs, they are completely different and are meant to suck up things you wouldn't use your normal vacuum for, like drywall dust and water.
i would never use it for cleaning my house normally, just the noise itself would drive me bonkers.