• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2020 11:52 am
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
4194 posts
1879 upvotes
Toronto, ON
@The_Madz

You seem be be the Miele expert here, so I was hoping I could pick your brain.

There's alot of info here, and I got quick confused.

I'm getting one of these for my mom, and am confused which I should get. It seems there are 3 choices.

Costco in store, blue

Costco online, red

Canadian Tire, red

She's got a smaller house, mostly tile and hardwood, with a few area rugs. Grand kids are over a bit tho, and things can get messy.

Thanks for the recommendation.
Aug 6, 2020
2 posts
Actually the Canadian Tire deal is already on!

Thanks to this thread I was able to Google, then went to the North Van store, where a customer before me took the last one.
Not happy, I decided to get to the Grandview and Boundary one, where they had five...now they have four.

The C3 package contains the one hardwood floor nozzle, one suction combination nozzle (the one you can change to low carpet with your feet on the nozzle), plus the three normal ones tucked into the Miele.

Notet that this model is not designed for power nozzles.

Price one 379.99 thank you folks for the hint!
Jan 22, 2017
310 posts
200 upvotes
GTA
The Costco version comes with the air powered "turboteq" brush while the Canadian tire version comes with the parquet attachment. They both come with the "universal" attachment as well.

In my opinion the Costco deal is better because 1) Costco return policy and 2) the turboteq brush is the more expensive attachment; getting more bang for your buck.

I went with the Costco version and will be ordering the parquet attachment in the future.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2004
2737 posts
352 upvotes
Ontario GTA
JRGUINNESS wrote: @The_Madz

You seem be be the Miele expert here, so I was hoping I could pick your brain.

There's alot of info here, and I got quick confused.

I'm getting one of these for my mom, and am confused which I should get. It seems there are 3 choices.

Costco in store, blue

Costco online, red

Canadian Tire, red

She's got a smaller house, mostly tile and hardwood, with a few area rugs. Grand kids are over a bit tho, and things can get messy.

Thanks for the recommendation.
comes down to the area rugs.. are they fluffy or low pile?
any pets around?

if low pile and no pets then the C3 Tayberry Red which is both online at costco and at Canadian tire (as well as many other places if you like to shop more local) would do.
if she ends up with a pet or there is more hair around that she likes then can always get the STB-305 turbo brush.
but since she has mostly hardfloor and tile the parquet twister in the box is a perfect tool for that and especially if it's on for $379.

however, in the end, can't go wrong with either one.
Sep 9, 2014
349 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto
I have the c3 for pets. Great vacuum and agree with everything you said. The head is magical

When it comes to the filters, can replacements be purchase from Amazon, as in generics? Have you purchased any?

RiCHC3 wrote: IMO, the most important thing for Miele's is the head attachment. The rest of the machine is generally the same outside of HEPA filter (allergy+pet) vs regular filter and whether the wand is powered or not (air suction vs air+electric).

There are 3 main heads
Please don't buy a Miele and use this, it almost defeats the purpose of having this machine and you may as well get an $80 Hoover or something. This head is terrible, imo. It's adjustable for hardwood and carpet, mediocre at both, and the most commonly found one on the cheapest Miele's. It doesn't push smoothly on carpet, unless you have low pile, and there's no agitator brush (no spinning brush inside) which would vibrate the carpet or more easily collect hairs and alike for a more thorough clean. You can get away with this if you have very little carpet or little hardwood, but generally you don't want to use it as a main head.

#2 is Parquet (hardwood)
This thing is soo smooth, you may as well be rubbing butter across your floors. It also swivels nicely whereas the other heads are more forward and back. If you have a lot of hardwood, grab one of these, it's also far less likely to scratch your floor like the adjustable one.

#3 Turbo or electric head (carpet + agitator brush)
Turbo is just air, but has a brush and it works great. If you want some extra power then you need the electric version and a Miele with that plug in the wand.
Unless you have minimal carpet in your house, you typically want one of these and you can get away using this on hardwood, although the ideal is the parquet.

Heads cost around +$80 or so that's why you may want to spend a bit extra on your Miele if it comes with the head(s) you want as it may be cheaper than buying separately.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4581 posts
1912 upvotes
GaryS048 wrote: I have the c3 for pets. Great vacuum and agree with everything you said. The head is magical

When it comes to the filters, can replacements be purchase from Amazon, as in generics? Have you purchased any?
I was glancing at replacements on Amazon Canada and USA the other day, but I haven't tried them myself so I have no clue on how good they are. I know there was a good promo recently for official Miele bags + filter that a lot of people pounced on though.
If you didn't get that deal, it's worth trying the knock offs at some point just to find out. I still have 4 bags left and honestly these things last me foreverrrrrr as it is.
⬇⬇⬇ FOR SALE: ⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇
(Smartwatch / Fitness Tracker) Garmin Vivoactive 3 WHITE/ROSE GOLD (non-Mp3) - $120 SHIPPED (Oct 27th), EMT ONLY
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
Deal Addict
May 18, 2004
2737 posts
352 upvotes
Ontario GTA
RiCHC3 wrote: I was glancing at replacements on Amazon Canada and USA the other day, but I haven't tried them myself so I have no clue on how good they are. I know there was a good promo recently for official Miele bags + filter that a lot of people pounced on though.
If you didn't get that deal, it's worth trying the knock offs at some point just to find out. I still have 4 bags left and honestly these things last me foreverrrrrr as it is.
I agree,
plus i have seen knockoffs that are really bad, like the material is completely different and very cheap. considering how long the bags last i would question how valid it is to buy knock-offs especially as we have seen the bags go on sale from time to time now.
Sep 9, 2014
349 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto
Do they email about sales or is it random?
Thank u ahead of time
Nov 4, 2018
54 posts
28 upvotes
Victoria, BC
The_Madz wrote: comes down to the area rugs.. are they fluffy or low pile?
any pets around?

if low pile and no pets then the C3 Tayberry Red which is both online at costco and at Canadian tire (as well as many other places if you like to shop more local) would do.
if she ends up with a pet or there is more hair around that she likes then can always get the STB-305 turbo brush.
but since she has mostly hardfloor and tile the parquet twister in the box is a perfect tool for that and especially if it's on for $379.

however, in the end, can't go wrong with either one.
Looks like I Just missed the CT deal by a couple days :(. Could you confirm whether the $399.99 one on costco.ca (https://www.costco.ca/.product.100566578.html) is better or worse (and in what ways?) than the one in-store that started this whole thread? I have all hard vinyl floors at my current place and am looking to possibly get a pet sometime soon. Sorry, it just feels like there's a lot of conflicting information in this thread...
Deal Addict
May 18, 2004
2737 posts
352 upvotes
Ontario GTA
hmnd01 wrote: Looks like I Just missed the CT deal by a couple days :(. Could you confirm whether the $399.99 one on costco.ca (https://www.costco.ca/.product.100566578.html) is better or worse (and in what ways?) than the one in-store that started this whole thread? I have all hard vinyl floors at my current place and am looking to possibly get a pet sometime soon. Sorry, it just feels like there's a lot of conflicting information in this thread...
the one in the link is the one canadian tire had on for a $379 special. identical vacuum.
if it's all smooth floors, aka hardfloor/tile etc. then this will do great.
if you do end up with some area rugs later on the STB-305 turbo brush can be bought at that time as it will give some nice hair pickup on the carpet vs the universal brush that is included which works better for low pile.
also this vacuum is available everywhere so if you want to support your local miele dealer they should have it as well.
Jun 12, 2016
620 posts
261 upvotes
Mississauga
RiCHC3 wrote: Worst case, easy returns.
A lot of the time the warehouse deals revolve just around the packaging being damaged. I've grabbed a couple MAJOR COSMETIC DAMAGE items and it's usually just a ding in the packaging and item inside is like perfect condition.
Hey,
You're right about the packaging being a little bit banged up. The attachment looks brand new and works flawlessly. I can't believe I'm saying this, but it makes vacuuming more enjoyable. Glides and twists so much easier than the 2 in 1 head that it comes with. Must have attachment for sure for all smooth surfaces!
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4581 posts
1912 upvotes
LauD14 wrote: Hey,
You're right about the packaging being a little bit banged up. The attachment looks brand new and works flawlessly. I can't believe I'm saying this, but it makes vacuuming more enjoyable. Glides and twists so much easier than the 2 in 1 head that it comes with. Must have attachment for sure for all smooth surfaces!
Haha, you almost sound like a paid endorsement. Glad it came in looking like new and even better that you're enjoying it so much, I honestly think you got it at a steal of a price so I'm happy for you. I do know what you mean about it making vacuuming more enjoyable and I know I had a phase in the past where I'm like "am I vacuuming too much?"
⬇⬇⬇ FOR SALE: ⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇
(Smartwatch / Fitness Tracker) Garmin Vivoactive 3 WHITE/ROSE GOLD (non-Mp3) - $120 SHIPPED (Oct 27th), EMT ONLY
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
Jun 12, 2016
620 posts
261 upvotes
Mississauga
RiCHC3 wrote: Haha, you almost sound like a paid endorsement. Glad it came in looking like new and even better that you're enjoying it so much, I honestly think you got it at a steal of a price so I'm happy for you. I do know what you mean about it making vacuuming more enjoyable and I know I had a phase in the past where I'm like "am I vacuuming too much?"
lol..I wish I got paid for endorsements. But yea, $45 for this attachment is a steal. I'm definitely on a lookout for more of these Warehouse deals from Amazon.

Having two kids at home making a ton a mess around the house, I appreciate having a tool that make it easier and faster to clean things.
Nov 4, 2018
54 posts
28 upvotes
Victoria, BC
The_Madz wrote: the one in the link is the one canadian tire had on for a $379 special. identical vacuum.
if it's all smooth floors, aka hardfloor/tile etc. then this will do great.
if you do end up with some area rugs later on the STB-305 turbo brush can be bought at that time as it will give some nice hair pickup on the carpet vs the universal brush that is included which works better for low pile.
also this vacuum is available everywhere so if you want to support your local miele dealer they should have it as well.
Ok that clears things up! Thanks so much.