[Costco] Mill Oil Premium 1500W Heater with Wi-Fi - Hot Heater of a Deal

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2020 3:41 pm
[OP]
Sep 3, 2016
32 posts
93 upvotes

[Costco] Mill Oil Premium 1500W Heater with Wi-Fi - Hot Heater of a Deal

Was $179.99 in the Hot Buys section, but now showing $84.97.

Might be a price error as the prices for the other two models are showing $129.99 for 1000 watts (no wifi) and $89.97 for 1500 watts (no wifi).

Looks to be retailing from Target, Bed Bath and Beyond and Home Depot in the US for $180 USD.
36 replies
May 15, 2010
2 posts
winnipeg
Awesome deal, thanks for sharing! Going to get three for the family.
Nov 7, 2007
738 posts
469 upvotes
Thanks Op. I have two of these (one without wifi). Need another one. Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
6533 posts
5709 upvotes
xtrmDeals wrote: Yup! Not really a good deal I guess.
Ya based of the reviews seems like there's lots of issues but it seems like people here have a used it so maybe they can chime in.
Nov 7, 2007
738 posts
469 upvotes
I’ve had no issues with it. The one without the WiFi is really difficult to use if you want to have it on for particular hours. But the WiFi one is a charm. Takes a bit of time to setup your schedule in the App. But once it is set you never have to touch it again.
Gtaphotog wrote: Ya based of the reviews seems like there's lots of issues but it seems like people here have a used it so maybe they can chime in.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
1099 posts
299 upvotes
Don't know why i bought it lol. Seems like standalone wifi app and can't be connected with home automations like smartthings, google home or Alexa
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
10203 posts
2609 upvotes
Winnipeg
I have the mill 1000w 400/600/1000w oil filled which was the only temp/digital 400w oil filled I could find. Its excellent. Its not smart wifi but it doesn't need to be. You have to calibrate thermostat for room size for accuracy or else it would stop heating too quickly as its very zone based. I wager that was something some reviewers never figured out. Its been an excellent oil filed heater.
Jun 25, 2006
220 posts
134 upvotes
Calgary
Things just got heated... *ba dum tish* thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2003
1155 posts
349 upvotes
Winnipeg
We use 2 oil filled heaters in our 34 foot RV and love them.

We use 2 heaters, one at each end, so the heat is constant and even throughout the RV. Oil filled heaters are silent as they have no fan. They are slow to heat up but once up to the desired heat setting ...they are also slow to cool down ... as compared to fan forced heaters which we found to be noisy.

They are large as compared to a fan forced heater but their quietness and even heat makes them worthwhile.

Getting the 1500 watt ones that have 3 wattage settings of 600, 900 and 1500 allows you to set them at 600 watts so there is not as much load put on the circuit. This assumes you have each heater on a separate circuit breaker. I found that at 1500 watts the heater cord would get too warm for my liking. At 600 watts the heater cord is not warm at all.

We prefer the non electronic control ones as you can set them for a certain heat setting and wattage setting AND they ..being manual.. will retain those settings after a power failure. We found the electronic control ones we tried would forget the settings if the power failed...
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14782 posts
6021 upvotes
Ottawa
You can program this thing without the app right? Seems like the quality of connection may be questionable.

Otherwise it seems like a great deal. Hopefully the app will be supported for a long time. The other oil filled heater we've had for 20 years.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Aug 16, 2012
12 posts
12 upvotes
Winnipeg
Oil filled definitely could be the most cost effective if you have time of use electric rates or use solar, because it acts like a thermal battery. You could have it turn off during the two hours of peak time and turn back on after.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2007
2627 posts
1066 upvotes
Ottawa
This heater is getting hot, will be sold out soon, only 79 left.
Feb 28, 2017
351 posts
642 upvotes
Man I gotta stop coming on RFD...

Thanks OP the fan noise of my current primecables tower heater was driving me nuts, I hope this one will be quieter
I cant tell if im addicted to RFD or good deals
Feb 2, 2018
112 posts
23 upvotes
Bought one and decide later with Costco return policy. 23 left after me. Can people who own this share their experience.