• Dec 23rd, 2010 11:50 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
3985 posts
3176 upvotes
Ottawa

[Costco] Costco Monopoly (Wooden) Game Set $29.97

Check out your local Costco for various game sets on clearance.

At the Kanata Costco last night, I saw the Monopoly Game Set (the playing surface and storage box is made of wood, not cardboard) that flips over for Sorry! and includes game pieces stored inside for 6 others like chess, dominoes, checkers, cribbage, playing cards and dice.
There is another set but instead of the Sorry! game face you get Clue. It is an excellent gift set for the kids to get them to join in the family fun times together instead of playing video games on their own.
The item number is 100060 and it's last price was $44.99. For $29.97 it is a steal :cheesygri for a classic game so I picked up 2 sets for my kids and their cousins. Image is provided by dude1 below.

There is also a beautiful chess game set (includes several other game pieces ... sorry don't remember which ones) that was $67.99 and now marked down to $49.97. The item number is 163020.
40 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2717 posts
1106 upvotes
Gta
I have noticed that Monopoly game at Costco before and always thought it would be a nice addition to the cottage. at that price, i might pick it up

Thanks Gumby. I always liked that little green slab of clay. :)
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
2927 posts
1764 upvotes
Barrie
Anyone have a picture or link to this product?

Thanks!
Dec 10, 2004
871 posts
18 upvotes
Vancouver
That's a great price! We bought the Monopoly/Clue one last year at full price ($45 or 50) from Costco and have been very happy with it.

Just FYI - it wasn't on clearance at my local Costco but I picked up the "Premier Wood Edition" of Scrabble for $64.99. This is the lowest I have seen it.
Banned
Dec 10, 2008
141 posts
9 upvotes
Didn't sears outlet had classic games for very appealing price?

---
"Being frugal does not mean being cheap!
It means being economical and avoiding waste."
Catherine Pulsifer
Nov 30, 2008
216 posts
15 upvotes
I'll probable stop @ Costco in Gatineau to see if there
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
1777 posts
208 upvotes
This is a great game to have, has anyone seen this deal in the GTA.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
2927 posts
1764 upvotes
Barrie
[quote="dude1" post_id="7900240" time="1229441008" user_id="76069"]30sec google search showed this...[QUOTE]

Thanks for waisting your 30sec for me :)
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
19797 posts
2551 upvotes
Just FYI for people in the market for games, after Christmas Walmart will be selling pretty all board games for < $20, including Monopoly. It is the same cycle every year - prices get jacked up on board games before Chirstmas, come crashing down after. Last year this is when I got Risk for $16.97. From what I recall various editions of Monopoly were $12.97 - $15.97
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Nov 28, 2005
581 posts
20 upvotes
brunes wrote: Just FYI for people in the market for games, after Christmas Walmart will be selling pretty all board games for < $20, including Monopoly. It is the same cycle every year - prices get jacked up on board games before Chirstmas, come crashing down after. Last year this is when I got Risk for $16.97. From what I recall various editions of Monopoly were $12.97 - $15.97
thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19085 posts
2399 upvotes
YVR
Awesome! My wife and I have been buying these sets as gifts over the past few years and they're nice. We've only kept one for ourselves. Might pick up a few more as gifts.

Thanks OP! :)
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
3985 posts
3176 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks to dude1 for providing the photo.

Thanks for pointing that out too brunes. The same games can come in different flavours and packagings that cater to different tastes.

Cheaper board games can be found here now --> See this thread by Gibber but keep in mind that the standard board games aren't comparable to this set that will last much longer and includes half a dozen other games in a convenient storage case. Pick what suites your tastes and pockets, and most importantly, what the recipient will like ;)
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1184 posts
816 upvotes
Edmonton
Has anyone seen these in the west?
Previous wins:
-Fujifilm Finepix Z10FD 7.2mp (Green) 210$
-2x Xbox 360 (Oct 29 & Nov 1) 300$
-2x EA SPORTS
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19085 posts
2399 upvotes
YVR
myversa wrote: This one does not look as good as the first one... IMO.
I've got both and they're both nice. :)
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Oct 24, 2006
242 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone seen this Electronic Banking version in Costco:

http://www.amazon.com/Hasbro-114-Monopo ... 968&sr=1-1

Description:
"Wheel and deal your way to a fortune even faster using debit cards instead of cash! All it takes is a card swipe for money to change hands. Now you can collect rent, buy properties and pay fines - with the touch of a button! It
Jul 12, 2005
898 posts
279 upvotes
Kelowna
Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to check if the wooden scrabble game is discounted too. If so, just bought it a week ago and will go for a price adjustment.
Dec 10, 2004
871 posts
18 upvotes
Vancouver
KingCreole wrote: Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to check if the wooden scrabble game is discounted too. If so, just bought it a week ago and will go for a price adjustment.
It's not. I bought the wooden Scrabble board for $69.99 at the beginning of the month. It's mostly sold out. The stores that have stock are still selling it at full price (which is still really good).

The reason the Monopoly one is so cheap is because it's stock that's over a year old - we bought ours last fall. I haven't seen it at my local Costcos for ages.