• Last Updated:
  • Oct 1st, 2021 10:00 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
2227 posts
1753 upvotes

[Costco] Mooncakes Back In Stock - $12.88

It's that time of the year again. These are pretty good and unbeatable at this price

100% lotus seed paste.
2 yoke
$12.88

About half a pallet left at Markham Rd location.
Images
  • 20210819_190952.jpg
  • 20210819_191615.jpg
210 replies
Jul 17, 2021
160 posts
290 upvotes
I loved these last year, they were delicious. Got a pack this week and it seemed a bit oilier, but still tasty.
Nov 24, 2010
181 posts
296 upvotes
Toronto
I looked at these at the store, and passed on them as no where does it say where they are made. It says very clearly that they are imported by some place in Mississauga, but no clue where they are made. I know it shouldn't make a difference, but I like full disclosure.
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
11988 posts
108038 upvotes
Ontario
amadis wrote: I looked at these at the store, and passed on them as no where does it say where they are made. It says very clearly that they are imported by some place in Mississauga, but no clue where they are made. I know it shouldn't make a difference, but I like full disclosure.
that's sus.
Their company is based in Ontario. https://kingspastry.com/
I thought they would make it in-house and label lit as MADE IN CANADA but it says imported.
It's safe to assume these are made in China since 90% of mooncakes out there are made in China.
Except Hong Kong Meixin.
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Mar 13, 2006
421 posts
236 upvotes
Toronto, ON
amadis wrote: I looked at these at the store, and passed on them as no where does it say where they are made. It says very clearly that they are imported by some place in Mississauga, but no clue where they are made. I know it shouldn't make a difference, but I like full disclosure.
Same.. I put it back. 🤣 Why can't they just say where it's actually from? Thinking Face
The $40 ones says it's from Taiwan. Lol!
<3
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
1989 posts
2871 upvotes
Looking at the nutritional list there, where this is made is the least of my concerns
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2492 posts
1731 upvotes
GTA
User381785 wrote: Looking at the nutritional list there, where this is made is the least of my concerns
If you came in here looking at nutritional fact, you are looking at the wrong food item.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2018
1654 posts
1999 upvotes
Any in Burlington?
<signature length too long>
Jun 5, 2021
46 posts
82 upvotes
Calgary
Just to let you folks know, these don't taste very good. Price point excellent, but if it's your first time eating mooncake or if you don't know what a decent one tastes like, I advise not buying these to try.

I am not sure why anyone would eat these really. No Asian person who knows mooncakes buys these either which is a sign for you too.
Sep 28, 2009
345 posts
211 upvotes
Out of all the mooncakes these are the best. I buy them every year and they don't disappoint. They use 100% pure lotus seed paste and premium duck egg yolk.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
5302 posts
2121 upvotes
Kitchener
Wonder if kitchener will get any.

Edit: There is none there.
Last edited by Thundercloud on Sep 10th, 2021 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
This space is intentionally left blank.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2010
1718 posts
829 upvotes
YYC
Guys how do you make the yolk at home? I just like the egg yolk.. lol
Sep 3, 2020
105 posts
123 upvotes
Cellious wrote: Just to let you folks know, these don't taste very good. Price point excellent, but if it's your first time eating mooncake or if you don't know what a decent one tastes like, I advise not buying these to try.

I am not sure why anyone would eat these really. No Asian person who knows mooncakes buys these either which is a sign for you too.
It is an okay Cantonese style mooncake. Sure there are tons of more expensive ones but that's less the food, more the brand and gift package.
Always fun to watch all of them on clearance when closing to mid-autumn.
Jun 5, 2021
46 posts
82 upvotes
Calgary
BensonNV wrote: Guys how do you make the yolk at home? I just like the egg yolk.. lol
It's just salted duck egg yolk. You can buy it separately at most Asian grocery stores.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2018
1654 posts
1999 upvotes
Cellious wrote: Just to let you folks know, these don't taste very good. Price point excellent, but if it's your first time eating mooncake or if you don't know what a decent one tastes like, I advise not buying these to try.

ngl wrote: Out of all the mooncakes these are the best. I buy them every year and they don't disappoint. They use 100% pure lotus seed paste and premium duck egg yolk.

I AM SO CONFUSED

lol
<signature length too long>
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2013
1167 posts
1541 upvotes
Calgary
These are great to give to people you don’t particularly care about because it’s so cheap, I personally would spend a few more bucks and get ones made in Taiwan.
Nov 23, 2008
349 posts
276 upvotes
Honestly, no self respecting Chinese will buy mooncakes at Costco. Full disclosure: I'm Chinese.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)