[Costco] Motion Skis w/ Tyrolia Bindings – $199.97

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2019 2:05 am
[OP]
Mar 12, 2017
864 posts
2043 upvotes

[Costco] Motion Skis w/ Tyrolia Bindings – $199.97

Came across these made in Canada skis at my local Costco in Newmarket, ON. Marked for clearance the price seemed really low. Came across a similar thread on RFD from a couple of years ago, costco-motion-skis-tyrolia-bindings-399 ... a-2061059/ and they were being cleared out for double the price at $399.97. The only difference I could tell from the tag was that the bindings were PR11 vs. these being PR10. Not a skier so no idea what that equates too.

- Made in Canada
- Wood Core
- Tyrolia PR 10 Bindings
- Size in 157, 165 ,172 & 178cm

IMG_6109.JPG
IMG_6111.JPG
36 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
11484 posts
4834 upvotes
Toronto
good deal, but this has already been posted in the weekly Costco thread as well as the clearance thread.
[OP]
Mar 12, 2017
864 posts
2043 upvotes
Ah, the search function failed me miserably. As did my reading abilities since I visit those threads lol.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1231 posts
389 upvotes
Toronto
As someone just getting back into the sport after a looking hiatus, can I buy this set of skis and bindings and worry about getting boots later. Are boots pretty much universal fit with any binding? I do understand that I will need to get the bindings adjusted.
Aug 13, 2006
726 posts
472 upvotes
Ottawa
hssironman wrote:
Jan 24th, 2019 12:11 am
As someone just getting back into the sport after a looking hiatus, can I buy this set of skis and bindings and worry about getting boots later. Are boots pretty much universal fit with any binding? I do understand that I will need to get the bindings adjusted.
Yes, any ski boots will work. And yes, they have to be adjusted but please use a professional service if you are not sure how to do it otherwise you could easily break your legs.
Feb 22, 2013
107 posts
95 upvotes
Ottawa
eugene_2005 wrote:
Jan 24th, 2019 12:48 am
Yes, any ski boots will work. And yes, they have to be adjusted but please use a professional service if you are not sure how to do it otherwise you could easily break your legs.
hssironman wrote:
Jan 24th, 2019 12:11 am
Not entirely correct. Alpine boots are universal fit for alpine bindings (ISO standards). Alpine touring boots may not fit alpine bindings (they are not intended to fit alpine bindings but sometimes can be used). Unlikely you'll get into this mixup, but just for some extra clarification.
Zoomer: $36 4gb
Oct 18, 2013
460 posts
88 upvotes
Oshawa
I didn't see any in Oshawa. Has any seen them in Ajax?
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2004
1263 posts
277 upvotes
Greater Saskatchewan…
Krime1k wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2019 8:37 pm
Ah, the search function failed me miserably. As did my reading abilities since I visit those threads lol.
The SEARCH function only works if there is text to match e.g. "skis", so if the weekly Costco thread contains only images, then SEARCH is not much use.

Anyways, thanks for the dedicated post on skis, which triggered a keyword alert for me.

In YQR, it is FISCHER FUSE 73 skis with RS 10 bindings on clearance but only a few pairs left, and they are 160 cm size.
Last edited by saskwatcher on Feb 4th, 2019 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:arrow: "notwithstanding" for issues of Constitutional Crisis level.... or not.
:arrow: Hey Ottawa. Where's my $372M free money ... err... loan? Signed, West.
:arrow: Sask distracted driving - the old fashion way - with alcohol. And soon, MJ.
Nov 25, 2015
19 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, ON
FYI for any non-skiers. PR 10 bindings will have a lower DIN setting than PR 11s attached from the previous sale.

This may be an issue if you are a heavier person or a very aggressive skier that does not want the skis to pop under higher amounts of force exerted on the bindings. (Likely that only the former would be a concern as most advanced skiers would pass on these)

Good deal on these skis, they appear to have decent construction.
Oct 1, 2016
38 posts
23 upvotes
Motion skis are made by Raccoon in Bromont, Qc with an aspen wood core.
http://motionskis.com/

Basically similar to Raccoon's Pheonix and the Aurora but made of a different wood core, poplar. The branded Raccoon skis are more expensive.
http://www.raccoonskis.com/en/skis/the-pheonix
http://www.raccoonskis.com/en/skis/the-aurora

Last year's thread ( they were $249.97). I bought four pairs last year. No complaints about these skis for my use. A few weeks later, a friend at work told me he saw a few pairs left at Anjou, Qc at $149.97. I never saw them at this price myself.
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/costco- ... 8-2163570/
and
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/costco- ... #p28838320
May 18, 2006
9 posts
BERTA
Haven't see any in Calgary. Bought a new pair from Kijiji two years ago for the model from three years ago and they're not bad: a bit soft and chattery when bombing groomers but perfect beater skis. I'm noticing that the brand lettering on the base is peeling off now but other than that, can't complain.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
1601 posts
528 upvotes
Decent deal, but you can also find proper name-brand skiis on clearance at Sportcheck for similar price-points if you cannot find these (relative speaking to quality). Check these out for example: Rossignol Experience 77's

Use email sign up and get another 10% off. I personally bought older, advanced K2's for around $350 (reg around $800) and think that was a better decision for me, personally.
May 1, 2011
118 posts
23 upvotes
NORTH YORK
A lot of the really cheap packages on Sportchek are actually out of stock when you click on add to cart...including the one you posted.