Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Motion Skis w/ Tyrolia Bindings – $199.97

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2020 8:59 pm
Aug 13, 2014
37 posts
26 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
kor9000 wrote: Checked the sku, looks like they are available in Orillia and Ottawa. Not worth the drive fpr me but perhaps for someone else...
how do you check the sku- which store in ottawa?
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1276 posts
301 upvotes
razrsharp wrote: Decent deal, but you can also find proper name-brand skiis on clearance at Sportcheck for similar price-points if you cannot find these (relative speaking to quality). Check these out for example: Rossignol Experience 77's
Do you know how long shipping from sportchek normally takes to an address in Toronto?
Aug 27, 2008
55 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto
Called my local store, asked them to check if they had stock on the sku number. When they didn't i asked for close stores that have stock. Orillia and Ottawa is what they said, didnt ask beyond that.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
4278 posts
3753 upvotes
flimbs wrote: Do you know how long shipping from sportchek normally takes to an address in Toronto?
I ordered 2 pair of skiis and 2 sets of poles this winter, they usually came within 3-5 biz days. It really depends whether they have to collect and send them from a particular store.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2008
1245 posts
338 upvotes
Montréal
Anyone know if we can find those in Montreal Region ? Ans no sportchek here !
May 5, 2010
130 posts
36 upvotes
Calgary
is this good to start out skiing? ive been snowboarding since i was a kid and wanted to get into skiing, would this be a good starter without having to spend too much?
May 18, 2006
92 posts
75 upvotes
BERTA
They're not the best or the worst for learning to ski on. A bit wider than I would recommend for a total beginner (especially if you're learning on any "icy" hill"). That being said, if you get them for a steal, you're somewhat athletic and serious about learning how to ski, these would be a pretty good deal. They have demo bindings i.e. can be adjusted to fit most boot sizes so no worries there.
Apr 15, 2018
109 posts
350 upvotes
Calgary, AB
If you are just starting why not buy a used set off Kijiji? They are almost giving those away....
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2008
1245 posts
338 upvotes
Montréal
What would be a good size for an almost beginner ( I have ski 6-7 time last year and this year)if those are too wide ?
Mar 28, 2009
737 posts
345 upvotes
Ottawa
razrsharp wrote: https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/sho ... ctNumber=4

^ Those Volkls 299 - 10% are easily worth $70 more than the OP's, made in Germany - I see stock.
Hey I'm just trying to provide alternative options to running around looking for these clearance ones at Costco.
I'm so tempted to buy these, I'm a snowboarder but just tried skiing last weekend and now want a pair to change it up when I go. How likely would I find a better deal towards the end of the season? I have a buddy who I can borrow from for the next few outings so I can do that for the rest of the season if needed (maybe going 2-3 more times).
Oct 1, 2016
152 posts
163 upvotes
In the main weekly Costco thread the Motion skis were down to $99.97 and there was two pairs left in the pics of the Sherbrooke location. I would not know if they are still there or not.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2001
3625 posts
97 upvotes
I wouldn't worry about the width of skis as it's the edges that allow you to carve and the proper technique on how to do that would be taught by a decent instructor. Length is a more important detail, imo. My skiing changed dramatically when I changed boots rather than skis.

If you've never skied before and want to take up the sport, I'd thus buy a good set of boots, and then rent skis on site. Then visit an actual ski shop to get the right equipment.
What the H E double hockey sticks have I done now?
Apr 20, 2009
224 posts
90 upvotes
Montreal
Were you able to find any around Montreal?
May 11, 2006
395 posts
320 upvotes
They're great skis for the price. Just lacking the protection at the front tips you would normally get on more expensive skis.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2006
5868 posts
1606 upvotes
cidkramer wrote: They're great skis for the price. Just lacking the protection at the front tips you would normally get on more expensive skis.
Even more expensive skis don't have front lip guards.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2001
3625 posts
97 upvotes
And the one feature/characteristic that I have never looked for on any skis bought in the last 40yrs, front lip protection.
What the H E double hockey sticks have I done now?
Aug 10, 2010
670 posts
834 upvotes
Has anyone seen this at Costco this year? I called Costco online and the store with the item number. The agents said they don't know if they were out of stock, waiting for stock, or not getting any this year. Disappointed But Relieved Face
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2004
1415 posts
424 upvotes
Greater Saskatchewan…
I did see snowshoes at Costco, but did not notice any skis since I already have skis, but will check next time I am in the warehouse, but that trip may not be for a week or two, especially since covid numbers are spiking upwards.

#ActNow-SmallerBubbleNoGatherings-Stop2ndTsunami-HelpFrontLineHealthCareHelpAll
:arrow: Literally by doing nothing at home, you can save lives during the Covid-19 Crisis.
:arrow: Keep physically distant but socially connected.
:arrow: Sask distracted driving - the old fashion way - with alcohol and MJ.
Aug 10, 2010
670 posts
834 upvotes
saskwatcher wrote: I did see snowshoes at Costco, but did not notice any skis since I already have skis, but will check next time I am in the warehouse, but that trip may not be for a week or two, especially since covid numbers are spiking upwards.
Thank you saskwatcher! There is no rush. I tried to find at one of the warehouses few days ago and I don't see any skis too. While Black Friday is coming, would you recommend anywhere else to get a new ski with binding on a budget? Thanks!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)