Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Motionwise Standing Desk (48x24) - $350 (w/ dual motor and memory function)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 13th, 2021 12:24 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2012
1048 posts
556 upvotes

[Costco] Motionwise Standing Desk (48x24) - $350 (w/ dual motor and memory function)

Costco has this standing desk on sale. Dual motor, with particle board top. 4 memory function.

$100 off seems like a really good price and you have Costco peace of mind. 5 year warranty on table top and mechanical parts, 2 years on electrical.

381 left as of this post.

Reviews suggest that it's very sturdy and well-built, but minimum height might be a bit too high for some people and sometimes needs a good smack on going down.
Last edited by shahram0 on Mar 8th, 2021 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
70 replies
Apr 28, 2002
555 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
Would be all over this if I could fit it in my condo...

Anyone know if they sell a smaller version of a standing desk anywhere? Looking to get one that is less than a metre wide (This one is 121cm).

Saw some on prime cables but hoping for something even smaller...
ERTW!!
May 20, 2011
126 posts
138 upvotes
CALGARY
porsche22 wrote: Would be all over this if I could fit it in my condo...

Anyone know if they sell a smaller version of a standing desk anywhere? Looking to get one that is less than a metre wide (This one is 121cm).

Saw some on prime cables but hoping for something even smaller...
I'm the opposite. I wish there was something bigger that didn't cost my life savings.
Jan 28, 2013
615 posts
846 upvotes
Scarborough, ONT
Will the particle board able to support two monitor arms? The tabletop itself seems kinda small, 60cm width?
Fido Mobile
Freedom Mobile
Koodo Home Phone
Fido Internet
Jan 21, 2021
56 posts
64 upvotes
This is a good price. Just a PSA here - if you're short (5’7” like me) this desk will not work for you, as the lowest height is 28”.
Nov 13, 2014
71 posts
35 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Thoughts on this vs primecables 2 motor?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2003
7347 posts
452 upvotes
Port Moody
iRSX2011 wrote: I'm the opposite. I wish there was something bigger that didn't cost my life savings.
Check Ikea, wife got hers there it is deeper and goes slightly higher, think it was about $600, very good quality. This one would work perfect for me
Nov 6, 2011
152 posts
21 upvotes
Montreal
Neezy99 wrote: This is a good price. Just a PSA here - if you're short (5’7” like me) this desk will not work for you, as the lowest height is 28”.
Would using a footrest fix the height issue?
Jun 19, 2010
275 posts
256 upvotes
Richmond Hill
lefroset wrote: Initially was excited to see this, but the top is particleboard vs. the Tresanti @ $399 which has a glass top. Would prefer the latter myself.

https://www.costco.ca/tresanti-grey-hei ... 54677.html
Am I going crazy or did they design the desk with a horizontal bar that go across the table legs near the bottom. That has to be the worst design ever. Think about your poor legs, you gonna be hitting that thing 24/7
Feb 28, 2015
712 posts
179 upvotes
Montreal, QC
JJackJi wrote: Am I going crazy or did they design the desk with a horizontal bar that go across the table legs near the bottom. That has to be the worst design ever. Think about your poor legs, you gonna be hitting that thing 24/7
This and doesn't have a dual motor.
Jul 16, 2006
272 posts
60 upvotes
one thing that I realized is important is the minimum height of these tables.

Last time there was a deal on something like this, I wish I had gotten one that was lower in a sitting position -- I ended up ordering a replacement taller piston for my chair to raise myself to a 'comfortable' height to not feel fatigue or pain at the end of the day. Even a 1 inch height difference can have a long term impact on how you feel on shoulders and back, specially if you are typing.
Oct 14, 2014
671 posts
693 upvotes
Southern Ontario
JJackJi wrote: Am I going crazy or did they design the desk with a horizontal bar that go across the table legs near the bottom. That has to be the worst design ever. Think about your poor legs, you gonna be hitting that thing 24/7
Possibly while sitting, but certainly not while standing.
Jul 16, 2006
272 posts
60 upvotes
ufa wrote: one thing that I realized is important is the minimum height of these tables.

Last time there was a deal on something like this, I wish I had gotten one that was lower in a sitting position -- I ended up ordering a replacement taller piston for my chair to raise myself to a 'comfortable' height to not feel fatigue or pain at the end of the day. Even a 1 inch height difference can have a long term impact on how you feel on shoulders and back, specially if you are typing.
For comparison, the motiongrey one here is 23.74 inch in lowest height -- would be much better fit for adjustments: https://www.motiongrey.com/product/moti ... tor-frame/
Jun 19, 2010
275 posts
256 upvotes
Richmond Hill
lefroset wrote: Possibly while sitting, but certainly not while standing.

Well I certainly want to sit down at my desk every now and then... Sure I want to be able to work standing up, but I think most people want to stand and sit with the same desk.
Feb 28, 2015
712 posts
179 upvotes
Montreal, QC
lefroset wrote: Possibly while sitting, but certainly not while standing.
Not necessarily.. if you're standing and stretching..this bar becomes an issue.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2012
1048 posts
556 upvotes
The "bar" on the bottom is actually a drawer and you can remove it, based on reviews I've seen. It's also 28" at its minimum height, so unless you're well over 6', I doubt it will be an issue for most. I was initially concerned too when I saw it, but I'm willing to see how it is in person with Costco's return policy.

Also, for those saying particle board vs. glass - it depends on use case. I want to use monitor arms (and other reviews suggest they are totally fine on the particle board here and it's still very solid) and would never be able to do that on the glass top.
Feb 28, 2015
712 posts
179 upvotes
Montreal, QC
shahram0 wrote: The "bar" on the bottom is actually a drawer and you can remove it, based on reviews I've seen. It's also 28" at its minimum height, so unless you're well over 6', I doubt it will be an issue for most. I was initially concerned too when I saw it, but I'm willing to see how it is in person with Costco's return policy.

Also, for those saying particle board vs. glass - it depends on use case. I want to use monitor arms (and other reviews suggest they are totally fine on the particle board here and it's still very solid) and would never be able to do that on the glass top.
They we're talking about a different desk, it has a bar towards the bottom.. https://www.costco.ca/tresanti-grey-hei ... 54677.html
May 4, 2010
72 posts
27 upvotes
Actually for me it's a plus, it's not too low so doesn't touch your legs, and you can use it as a foot rest sometime. My pet peeve is the glasstop, it gets dirty quite easily and doesn't work with my mouse. Also the touch control is right on the top, so you need to lock/unlock it or it will move when you accidentally touch that.
Jan 21, 2021
56 posts
64 upvotes
deewhy wrote: Would using a footrest fix the height issue?
It may mitigate the issue because the entire setup would need to be higher. I don't think it's ideal though - like buying a suit that's a bit too big and having it tailored to fit you.

The desks that go lower tend to be a tad more but it's worth it. See the post below, which I totally agree with.
ufa wrote: one thing that I realized is important is the minimum height of these tables.

It ends up being like a case where you're taking one medicine and another to treat its side effects.