[Costco] Moto G fast $150

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2020 4:57 pm
[OP]
Dec 4, 2006
37 posts
40 upvotes

[Costco] Moto G fast $150

I missed the earlier sale at this price but as of today, moto phones at $50 off.
$150 in store, $160 online.
136 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2006
1504 posts
694 upvotes
Similar Promo for G fast and G Power In-Store.

Edit
OP Please update your post with In-store not going to start a new thread on this!

My bad
You already have in the original post :D
Images
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-12-21 at 7.55.58 PM.jpeg
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2317 posts
1927 upvotes
GVRD
Many of your questions will be answered in the previous now-expired "Costco Moto G Fast" threads:

costco-motorola-moto-g-fast-149-99-store-2421500/
costco-costco-ca-moto-g-fast-smartphone-159-99-2409161/
costco-moto-g-fast-smartphone-sd-665-3g ... e-2397891/

In addition to the current thread poster, feel free to thumbs-up any helpful postings in those now-expired threads too.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
4100 posts
2801 upvotes
Toronto
This one keeps coming back at that $150 price, and it still remains a great deal for a budget phone to this day.

Thanks OP.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10773 posts
5076 upvotes
Solid phone for the price.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
SIMPLii !!
Buy first think later!
Mar 5, 2018
369 posts
494 upvotes
Montreal
the moto g power was at $249 - $50 few months ago!!
Je parle français aussi 😝
Oct 8, 2020
460 posts
410 upvotes
I bought the G Fast weeks ago.
It is good for the price.

One thing that I find confusing is that in the phone settings I turned off AMBER ALERTS
but the alerts still came through and my phone made that god-awful noise.
- - - > Life is a waste of time.
Mar 7, 2011
192 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
NikolaZrinski wrote: I bought the G Fast weeks ago.
It is good for the price.

One thing that I find confusing is that in the phone settings I turned off AMBER ALERTS
but the alerts still came through and my phone made that god-awful noise.
You can't disable Amber Alerts in Canada. Canadian government mandated that. That option is only available in the USA. They should grey out that in Canadian phones but that's too hard to do and then would not work if the phone ever went to the USA.
Mar 5, 2018
369 posts
494 upvotes
Montreal
SWstriker17 wrote: where?
at costco's warehouse, the g fast was at $199 - $50 and the g power was at $249 - $50 in sep/oct
Je parle français aussi 😝
Nov 15, 2020
23 posts
9 upvotes
I was able to turn them off last year on my pixel 3xl but after some update (I'm guessing) I am no longer able to.
rf34as wrote: You can't disable Amber Alerts in Canada. Canadian government mandated that. That option is only available in the USA. They should grey out that in Canadian phones but that's too hard to do and then would not work if the phone ever went to the USA.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
1946 posts
824 upvotes
Antarctica
This is a great deal to pair with a good BYOD plan.

If you don't care much about having the latest and greatest camera this phone will do 99% of what you want to do with ease and last long too.

Ain't getting lured by crappy carrier plans to get a "flagship" anymore.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2003
1063 posts
366 upvotes
I do like these budget Moto phones.... my parents are using G7 Play phones and it's perfect for them.

Yes, you only get one major update - but hey, just buy a new phone when the second major update comes around.

One ask would be to include NFC.... but I'm grabbing one as a back-up phone anyway.

Thanks OP!
Everyone has cool signatures with the stuffs they own listed... I'm in!!!
Koodo $40 6GB plan + Public Mobile $15 for 100 mins and 250MB Data X2 for the parents
Some Apple stuffs
Some Android stuffs
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2005
1210 posts
1001 upvotes
325i wrote: Yes, you only get one major update - but hey, just buy a new phone when the second major update comes around.
Honestly, even that isn't much of a big deal these days. Android itself has become almost completely decoupled from the 'update' cycle. Project mainline means you get critical updates anyways. All of the core apps are now updated via the Play Store. It's mostly a non-issue, unless a critical kernel-level security vulnerability is uncovered at some indeterminate point in the future.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2012
1552 posts
549 upvotes
Montreal
Great budget phones for sure my mom is still using her E4 for 40$ back from the 2017 deal on Amazon.Com and it still performs very well everything considered.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
18432 posts
21036 upvotes
Advice for gentlemen here.

When it comes to Android devices, there are some minimums for general use devices.

3GB RAM is a green light.
720p @ Cell Phone Size
1080p @ Tablets up to 10"

For limited use devices, where Bluestacks doesn't work right, and you need a specific-use Android device.

2GB RAM
Any usable screen

Anything less than 2GB and the Android device may randomly crash, and I don't fully understand why.
Sep 11, 2011
644 posts
721 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Anything less than 2GB and the Android device may randomly crash, and I don't fully understand why.
Simple. The android ecosystem is built terribly, including the OS and apps. Reminds me of the PC days when RAM started to become much cheaper and Windows and applications started consuming heaps of RAM. I’m certain the majority of programmers aren’t taught to build slim, and of course releasing quickly is of higher priority vs. being bug free and efficient.

Ona related note, I got this last time it was on sale a few weeks ago as a gift to replace the E4 that I got way back; I was actually in the US at the time and got one at Walmart!

Only problem is I feel the screen/frame might be too big. But then again, at this price point it’s hard to find a new phone with 3GB of RAM.
Sep 22, 2007
301 posts
31 upvotes
rf34as wrote: You can't disable Amber Alerts in Canada. Canadian government mandated that. That option is only available in the USA. They should grey out that in Canadian phones but that's too hard to do and then would not work if the phone ever went to the USA.
The government mandated that alerts must be pushed out, not that you have to receive it. Turn off mobile data or switch to 2g/3g instead of 4g/LTE and no alerts!
I know there was an alert because parents' phone go crazy.