Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Motorola G Fast XT2045-3 Smartphone - $159.99 ($50 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 1st, 2021 6:25 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
22493 posts
172535 upvotes
GTA

[Costco] Motorola G Fast XT2045-3 Smartphone - $159.99 ($50 off)

Costco has this Motorola G Fast smartphone for $159.99 ($50 off). Seems like a decent deal for those looking for a basic phone / burner / backup phone.

https://www.costco.ca/moto-g-fast-unloc ... 72915.html
95 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9645 posts
6371 upvotes
Toronto
Finally a deal on the Moto, getting tired of all the Umidigi spam. Great deal as long as you don't need dual sim.
Jan 17, 2017
199 posts
108 upvotes
i have this phone. It is awesome. I don't play games ...... it handles everything else just fine. It also just updated to Android 11. Great deal.
Jan 23, 2007
156 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
haroldliang wrote: Any custom rom I can install on this?
As a beginner like me, tried a few of different ways googled, not able to root yet. Give up.
Jul 7, 2014
90 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto, ON
This phone is great for older people who just need something to text and call with battery life is insane.... however...I constantly get "out of storage" messages, apps and the OS in general constantly freeze up. But to be fair, for the size screen and current android version for the price it's good for what it is. Also, 720p screen :(
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2478 posts
2149 upvotes
GVRD
Last edited by RxMills on Jun 16th, 2021 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2478 posts
2149 upvotes
GVRD
Here come the useless comments from people who compare this $150 phone to $250-$1,000 phones. They'll say this phone is only usable for toddlers and the elderly.

Please compare it to other similarly priced NEW $150 3GB+ unlocked phones that can be purchased locally, that come with a full warranty and that are returnable. Every time this Costco sale comes up, they must sell thousands of units across the country.
Jul 31, 2012
18 posts
5 upvotes
Newmarket
Thanks OP, with current lock-down, you cannot order form store and save $10, but upvote on this phone itself.. great find
Jan 4, 2019
534 posts
546 upvotes
The biggest issue is storage.
It's a great phone if you don't use apps. I had a handful of apps on this phone and like other users mentioned, I kept running out of space. It got to the point where I couldn't even really keep any photos on the phone.

If it's purely for a burner, texting, etc. Then it's an amazing deal. Just keep your expectations. If you plan on using Instagram, tiktok, Facebook, and a few games then this phone will run out of space and it becomes very cumbersome.
Dec 29, 2014
307 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Some apps can't be installed on a micro SD card but some can and that helps avoid running into the lack of storage problem.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9645 posts
6371 upvotes
Toronto
ReadAllTheDeals wrote: The biggest issue is storage.
It's a great phone if you don't use apps. I had a handful of apps on this phone and like other users mentioned, I kept running out of space. It got to the point where I couldn't even really keep any photos on the phone.

If it's purely for a burner, texting, etc. Then it's an amazing deal. Just keep your expectations. If you plan on using Instagram, tiktok, Facebook, and a few games then this phone will run out of space and it becomes very cumbersome.
I think 32gb should be fine, as long as you don't play a lot of games and set the photos to go to an SD card.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3465 posts
1517 upvotes
Vancouver
ReadAllTheDeals wrote: The biggest issue is storage.

It has microsd card storage, doesn't it? That's where I typically keep my photos.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
4303 posts
3364 upvotes
Toronto
have this and the 32gb is very limiting
Last edited by chadw01 on May 31st, 2021 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jan 3, 2007
426 posts
234 upvotes
Striker60 wrote: Some apps can't be installed on a micro SD card but some can and that helps avoid running into the lack of storage problem.
+1 on this. My daughter has this phone, she complained that it's running out of space, so I have the SD card "format as internal", and then some of the apps can be moved to the SD card, and that solved the lack of storage problem. It's nice that you can do this with this phone, I think not all of the android devices has this feature, but I could be wrong.

By the way, I got this phone fall of last year at this price(after price adjustment a few months later), there are already 2021 models out there, maybe better to wait for Costco to carry the 2021 models if you can wait.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3100 posts
3463 upvotes
RxMills wrote: Here come the useless comments from people who compare this $150 phone to $250-$1,000 phones. They'll say this phone is only usable for toddlers and the elderly.

Please compare it to other similarly priced NEW $150 3GB+ unlocked phones that can be purchased locally, that come with a full warranty and that are returnable. Every time this Costco sale comes up, they must sell thousands of units across the country.
Well, a brand new Pixel 3 was just $38 more last week. The storage and superior camera alone are worth the price difference. So yeah, there's nicer deals to be had even in this price range.
ggg
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
4079 posts
1738 upvotes
Quebec
i believe in store its even cheaper.

this is by far the best 150$ +tx phone that have costco return and waranty.

btw, anybody that expect to have a "beat", sorry, this is not the phone for you.

its slow, it lag, with the new update, if you use app that take lots of storage memory, you will likely encounter storage issue.

other than that, the voice call is WAY better than the last lg g6 i had.