• Last Updated:
  • Jan 5th, 2022 4:58 am
Sep 22, 2010
201 posts
131 upvotes
Quebec City
Got the Moto G Play for my son for wifi usage!
He loves it!
149.99$ @ Costco
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
4012 posts
2020 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
Question for those that have this 5G Ace...

Got this during the first sale but just opened it a couple of days ago (it's back on sale currently).

Has anyone else had issues setting up the APN for Rogers? I got the information from the provider and changed the settings accordingly but it does not work. I am unable to connect to data. Called Motorola and was told that they do not support that issue?! Wondering if there may be something about US/Canada?

Anyways, any assistance would be appreciated. If I can't get it to work then it's going back. Good it's Costco.
I can't afford to save that much!
Sep 26, 2009
280 posts
93 upvotes
Stittsville
If you are a fizz customer, its available for $288 and to some customers they also gave out $50 fizz coupon to use towards purchase of a fizz phone.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1753 posts
875 upvotes
6060842 wrote: Mine still works. Wallet safe.
Message read, Acknowledged.
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D

Loser Quote:
Nubby666 wrote: Soy made my buddy cut off his dangus and start wearing spandex running one piece suits, you heard it here first, folks!!! Stay away!!!
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2010
1670 posts
787 upvotes
YYC
anyone have this phone yet? is it laggy when scrolling etc?
Sep 11, 2009
67 posts
81 upvotes
GTA
BensonNV wrote: anyone have this phone yet? is it laggy when scrolling etc?
I have one here on my desk now testing it for a few days before migrating a family member over to it. Yes, it's smooth and fast..I have no complaints. Note that it's not a 90 or 120Hz display but it's still quite good. 6GB memory, 128GB storage and SD750 processor is a great mid-range combo.

The phone updated to Android 11 right away after a few AD10 security updates. It currently is on November 2021 security patch level.

Last week Motorola announced their Android 12 upgrade lineup and I was happily surprised to see the Moto One 5G Ace will be getting Android 12 in 2022!!

https://www.motorola.com/blog/post?id=387

For $350(warehouse)/$360 (online) it is in my opinion the best retail bang for the buck with cleanest Android. The A32 is around $300 and has a 720p display plus 4GB/64GB and a mediatek processor. The A52 is $489 and has a better AMOLED display.
Sep 11, 2009
67 posts
81 upvotes
GTA
tntdeal wrote: I had considered this phone but weird that it was released just early this year and it's already been obsolete with Android 11 as the last update. Decent phone but apparently not many users so there's next to no customs rom support. Obsolete Android version will soon slow down the phone to unbearable state, IME.
Motorola announced last week that this phone will get Android 12 in 2022. No idea when, but an official commitment online guarantees more longevity in this decent mid-ranger

https://www.motorola.com/blog/post?id=387
Dec 16, 2009
486 posts
420 upvotes
I've had this phone for about 6 months. I got it when it was brand new to the market. I honestly have no complaints about speed at all. I use it for every day stuff, and I do play pokemon on it (which is a pretty big stress on most phones). It's a big step up from the $150 Moto G Play, and it's a super-fast phone (although not flagship speed).

The biggest bonus for me, and something I think will make the phone last much longer is that it runs VERY COOL, and rarely overheats, even when playing Pokemon Go in the heat of summer. Most phones get bonkers hot while running POGO, but the 5G ace has never once overheated on me, and generally runs just a bit hotter than ambient.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2010
1670 posts
787 upvotes
YYC
I actually found one brand new sealed in the box on Kijiji here in Calgary for $240. I think I will grab this for my son. Thanks guys
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14384 posts
4373 upvotes
VANCOUVER
deals46 wrote: Question for those that have this 5G Ace...

Got this during the first sale but just opened it a couple of days ago (it's back on sale currently).

Has anyone else had issues setting up the APN for Rogers? I got the information from the provider and changed the settings accordingly but it does not work. I am unable to connect to data. Called Motorola and was told that they do not support that issue?! Wondering if there may be something about US/Canada?

Anyways, any assistance would be appreciated. If I can't get it to work then it's going back. Good it's Costco.
I thought most phones nowadays will auto-populate the APN settings when the sim card is inserted. Have you tried googling the Rogers settings? Sometimes the reps don't know best! Also, this may be a silly question, but did you make sure data is enabled in the Settings?
Nov 18, 2008
408 posts
152 upvotes
Toronto
I picked this up about a week ago and used the student discount to reduce by $100. Previously coming from a moto e2020, this phone is a step up obviously. So far been great, fingerprint works fast, app loads are good. No complaints about photos, but I'm not a pro.

We'll see how it holds up after a few months.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
4012 posts
2020 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
Rogido wrote: I thought most phones nowadays will auto-populate the APN settings when the sim card is inserted. Have you tried googling the Rogers settings? Sometimes the reps don't know best! Also, this may be a silly question, but did you make sure data is enabled in the Settings?

Yup, thanks! I tried first as it set up the phone but the data was not working. The provider (Petro-Canada Mobile aka Rogers) webpage does show the specific data settings required. I tried entering the information but it still did not work (yes, I turned on the data). This worked fine on my previous Asus phone - not sure why this isn't working on the Ace. Obviously I'm not too tech savvy but it's frustrating to have this issue. Overall, the Ace is nice but not having access to data would be a deal breaker.
I can't afford to save that much!
Nov 24, 2006
79 posts
80 upvotes
Calgary, AB
deals46 wrote: Yup, thanks! I tried first as it set up the phone but the data was not working. The provider (Petro-Canada Mobile aka Rogers) webpage does show the specific data settings required. I tried entering the information but it still did not work (yes, I turned on the data). This worked fine on my previous Asus phone - not sure why this isn't working on the Ace. Obviously I'm not too tech savvy but it's frustrating to have this issue. Overall, the Ace is nice but not having access to data would be a deal breaker.

Have you tried this?? I used to be on Zoomer Wireless (Roger's network) and I need to setup APN in order to use the data.
[url=https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/W ... a-p/410438]
[url=https://www.apnsettingsandroid.com/2021 ... -2021.html]
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
11679 posts
5687 upvotes
MugenX wrote: Got the Moto G Play for my son for wifi usage!
He loves it!
149.99$ @ Costco
Yea son got one last year and he loves it.He gets a few days of battery life.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2013
2172 posts
2193 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Looks like these are $329 on Amazon.ca right now?

Also I just won one (which is why I was looking up the price)! Yay me :)
Nov 17, 2011
161 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know if this phone will work on freedom mobile? TIA
Sep 15, 2017
110 posts
311 upvotes
My last 3 phones were Motorola. Best bang for the buck IMO.
Their frequent system updates/support and battery life makes them worth the price.
Apr 30, 2011
230 posts
91 upvotes
Saint-Jerome
seafoodmwg wrote: Looks like these are $329 on Amazon.ca right now?

Also I just won one (which is why I was looking up the price)! Yay me :)
If we are looking at the same one they are refurbished according to the listing.
[OP]
Apr 25, 2019
629 posts
1114 upvotes
I might wait until the new year and see whether or not Moto releases a successor to the Moto One 5G Ace, this seems like a really good phone and it checks off a lot of boxes. (6GB RAM, 128 GB, etc.) Can't wait to upgrade to the successor from my Pixel 3a!
Public Mobile 5GB $29
Samsung Galaxy A53 owner.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)