• Last Updated:
  • Jan 5th, 2022 4:58 am
Feb 2, 2017
71 posts
56 upvotes
kaka55 wrote: This should be a good case, option of integrated front cover or use your own screen protector.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08TGR ... UTF8&psc=1
I have this case for my Motorola G Play. It does protect the phone well but with a few drawbacks. It will add a fair amount of bulk to the phone, the screen cover will only last for a few months before getting distorted, and the color does chip off the case easily. Now I've dropped the phone a few times and it did it's main task which was that the phone was not damaged. Just be aware of the pros and cons.
Sep 15, 2017
110 posts
311 upvotes
gotglint wrote: have you had your phones reboot out of nowhere?

i got my fam a Moto G Stylus last year but it does random reboots. even if noone is using the phone at that moment...

wondering why it's doing that.
Never had that problem. The only time I've seen them reboot without warning was when a critical security update would be released.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14387 posts
4375 upvotes
VANCOUVER
LeifS39303 wrote: Koodo has the same deal with a lower plan minimum. $50 12 GB + $10/mo. tab + free Lenovo Chromebook.
Is the value of the e300 chromebook subject to clawback, similar to the Tab Bonus?
Jul 17, 2020
4 posts
1 upvote
NCR
I bought this phone back in August, since my Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018) battery was not holding much of a charge after consistent use over almost 3 years.

Ultimately, I had to return the 5G Ace. I really appreciated the physical fingerprint sensor on the back, the processor was fast and the device kept cool under pressure. But the screen left a lot to be desired, especially when moving from an OLED device. I could not get over it. I guess I had forgotten what a backlit display was like and using the device in the dark was like staring into the sun, no matter how low I set the brightness.

I ended up using the return credit and spending a couple hundred dollars more to get a Galaxy S20 FE and I love it.
Sep 26, 2009
280 posts
93 upvotes
Stittsville
I have this case for another moto phone and agree 100% with your comments on its not so long term use. The case I linked also comes with a front plastic piece that allows a use of generic screen protector instead of using the builtin one.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
4013 posts
2020 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
Just a quick update, in case someone else has similar issues.

I finally got the phone working as it's supposed to. I got a new SIM card and did a card swap. It did not automatically have the correct APN but I was able to create one in accordance with the requirements* from Petro Canada Mobile. Now, the phone works, as well as the data.

Note: I cannot say for sure if the new card made the difference. *In setting up the new APN, I noticed that one of the settings was a bit different on the phone compared with the PCM recommendations. I left that one setting as per the phone default and it worked. I do not want to try to edit the APN to match exactly what PCM shows on their website because I don't want to risk messing it up. That might have been the problem in the first place?

Thanks to all the RFDers who offered suggestions to try to fix my issue. It may have been a combination of factors but now it is working.

Happy New Year all!
Stay safe!
I can't afford to save that much!
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14387 posts
4375 upvotes
VANCOUVER
deals46 wrote: Has the priced also dropped by $50 in the warehouse locations ($349)? I have a similar photo taken last week. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
I was at the Richmond, BC warehouse yesterday, and this phone is $399.99.
Apr 19, 2014
235 posts
201 upvotes
Markham, ON
Rogido wrote: I was at the Richmond, BC warehouse yesterday, and this phone is $399.99.
I think the sale ended on Sunday.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
4013 posts
2020 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
Rogido wrote: I was at the Richmond, BC warehouse yesterday, and this phone is $399.99.

You are quoting a post that was made in November 2021, the first time that the phone was on sale. That sale ended.

This thread was extended as the phone went on sale again. The sale is over, for the second time.
I can't afford to save that much!
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14387 posts
4375 upvotes
VANCOUVER
deals46 wrote: You are quoting a post that was made in November 2021, the first time that the phone was on sale. That sale ended.

This thread was extended as the phone went on sale again. The sale is over, for the second time.
Well, this thread is still in active Hot Deals. And I quoted a post made on November 22, 2021. That's 2021, not 2020.