None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
6517 posts
2189 upvotes
YEG

Costco: Mustang electric screens recalled

Bad news, those cheap electric screens sold by Costco are being recalled due to no electrical certification. I think I'm going to keep mine... maybe add a switch?
Costco wrote:

May 21st, 2015

Dear Costco Member,

Costco Wholesale records indicate you may have purchased the Mustang Power Screen, model numbers SC-E92D169, SC-E106D169 or SC-E120D169 (Costco.ca item numbers 557780, 557781, 557782) between February 2011 and April 2015.

Stampede Presentation Products Inc. is voluntarily recalling these products as the power screens did not have the proper electrical certification to be sold in Canada. Stampede has not received any reports of injuries related to the use of the Mustang Power Screens.

Please click here to view the full recall notice.
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA
7 replies
Dec 25, 2006
28 posts
4 upvotes
I saw that, I'd also like to keep it since I haven't seen any other offering anywhere near this price. Maybe just unplug it once it's set ?
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4852 posts
4640 upvotes
Toronto
I have one. I keep it down all the time, so actually don't even have it pulled in (ran out of room on the power bar closest to it). While it's not certified for Canada, I'm wondering if it's certified for U.S., in which case I wouldn't worry about it. If it doesn't have any legitimate North American certification and the Chinese factory stamped counterfeit CSA or UL symbols on it (I haven't looked to see what symbols are on it), that may be worrisome for someone who has it plugged in all the time.
Dec 25, 2006
28 posts
4 upvotes
Good question, I don't see the recall on the costco.com website
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4852 posts
4640 upvotes
Toronto
Now officially on the government recall list:

http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-al ... 4r-eng.php

And a new website devoted to the recall:

http://www.mustangrecall.com/

But nothing on the regular Mustang or Stampede websites. And all text for the recalls only mention Canadian sales. So it looks like these screens were for the Canadian market only, which is a bit unusual...
May 21, 2002
775 posts
212 upvotes
Did anyone send theirs back?? What is the process, also what if say there were costs to remove it and you don't have the means to either bring it back to the store and or ship it properly.
Feb 17, 2009
62 posts
6 upvotes
Edmonton
I decided to keep mine. It's always pulled down and I just unplugged it. I would have returned it but can't find anything similarly priced these days
Aug 29, 2004
96 posts
45 upvotes
Mississauga
I contacted Costco Customer Support to ask for an exchange but they said that it was not possible. Maybe if everyone complained to Costco we can get a replacement.